Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Supreme Freak

Default Collab - tore it up

Word on tha street is that these two psycho's ripped them apart in OZ. I unfortunately missed their gigs here due to other commitments - but my sources tell me that these guys have taken the techno to a new level. peeps are still cryin' openly about the mastery of their work and the Gods of techno are smiling...

...that is all :)
    LivePA
    That is all...

Junior Freak

I would expect nothing less from these two.

Junior Freak

Gods of techno they are, one of the best sets I have ever heard, two days have passed and I am still speechless, Speedy J and Chris Liebing are masters!

Cant wait for them to come back and cant wait for their new album!

Junior Freak

They were truly awesome. I have a few criticisms, but they aren't worth mentioning as the good WELL outweighed the not so good.

Sound system was siiiiiiiiick. Had to take a step back when their first kick frum dropped.... straight through me chest.

Junior Freak

how long did they play for?

was it a journey or was it straight up bangin?

Junior Freak

5 hours.

and yeah - it was pretty ****-ing incredible. started minimal-ish and built to bangin - most of it was relatively hard.

machina
    The Lines - Melbourne, Australia

Junior Freak

wtf??? they played 5 hours???

oh man, someone say they got a recording of this set! sounds legendary!

The Demon Beast

I need recording of this.
    Immediately
    Wetworks
    Compound, Punish Blue, Mastertraxx

BOA Lifetime Member

Really lookin forward to seeing this!! Most exciting thing to happen to techno in a good while imo.....2 of the finest producers in techno.

The I love techno gig there doing will be sick!
    \"if you don\'t explode a few heads every night, then you\'re not doing your job\" R.Hawtin IDJ 2001

BOA Mod

report from another board

well this is not so common for Sydney there were 2 good gigs on in one weekend hehehe

On Friday saw Bangkok Impact although I left before Dj TLR who also played because I drank way too many shots whoops

and last night Speedy J and Chris Liebing played a 5 hour live set...pretty cool, went from I guess minimal kinda tech through to some pretty hard shit. All played live from Ableton, they were a pretty good live act I must say - worked together really well and got the crowd into it and shit. Plus for some reason there were SO many babes at the club like brutally hot haha - mad
    Jacbri @ Proton Radio - every 3rd Thursday at 12:00 AM EST / 05:00 GMT
    X-Music @ Techno.FM - every 1st Tuesday at 12:00 PM EST / 18:00 GMT

Junior Freak

Just to clarify, they had 4 laptops on stage, 3 mixers, a drum machine, a chaos pad and 2 decks.

So not just ableton. Rather, Ableton, Final scratch, Decks, EFX and a drum machine.

They went into this triplet pattern hard shit at one stage that blew my head off... sooooooo sick.

Junior Freak

Just to clarify, they had 4 laptops on stage, 3 mixers, a drum machine, a chaos pad and 2 decks.

So not just ableton. Rather, Ableton, Final scratch, Decks, EFX and a drum machine.

They went into this triplet pattern hard shit at one stage that blew my head off... sooooooo sick.

Supreme Freak

was great and they obviously had a good time. nice blokes too :)

BOA Lifetime Member

Friend of mine who lives in adelaide went & said it was shite. Id have to see for myself before id judge but i gotta say ive found it funny the way everyone has been making a mess in there pants about this.

BOA Lifetime Member

same here.i didnt think the collabs records where owt special imo,id like to hear this though.

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Traxx
    Friend of mine who lives in adelaide went & said it was shite. Id have to see for myself before id judge but i gotta say ive found it funny the way everyone has been making a mess in there pants about this.
    i honestly cannot see how someone that likes techno could not have at least thought it was okay. If your mate thought they were shite, imo he doesn't like techno.

machina

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by machina
    Quote Originally Posted by Traxx
    i honestly cannot see how someone that likes techno could not have at least thought it was okay. If your mate thought they were shite, imo he doesn't like techno.machina
    Spot on machina, even more I would say not only did he not like techno but if he did he had no idea about techno.

Again I will say, they were outstanding!

Junior Freak

I thought Collabs was just short for Collaboration... on those Novamute releases one Collabs is Speedy J and Adam Beyer, another is Speedy and Chris Liebing. And I didn't get them all but i think there may be other collaborators?

Anyway.. Speedy J is a genius... and so is Beyer, but he needs to pull the finger out lately - maybe he wore himself out making too many tunes! Liebing isn't really in the same league, production wise, but he's well able as a DJ.

I agree with whoever said the Collabs releases weren't up to much (any of said artists on thier own have come up with better) - it's dissapointing to see Speedy J hook up with either of those lads and not come up with something absolutely mindblowing!
    But then again it's straight up, simple, Bangin' techno... the kind of sh it that rocks a party and probably worked a treat in OZ, and I hear OZ needs a bit of an education in techno, so fair play - Ya can't knock it!!

(btw, Speedy J's 'A Shocking Hobby' is one of the best albums EVER. imho)

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by grain
    and I hear OZ needs a bit of an education in techno
    u heard wrong. trust me, don't embarrass yourself!

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by grain
    I thought Collabs was just short for Collaboration... on those Novamute releases one Collabs is Speedy J and Adam Beyer, another is Speedy and Chris Liebing. And I didn't get them all but i think there may be other collaborators?
    Collabs live is Speedy j and liebing. as for oz needing a techno education? whatever.

machina

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast