Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    M.O.D.

Default Why did you get into techno in the first place?

it's been a while since we had an abstract discussion...so i'm curious. what was it about techno that drew everyone in that first time it hit you?
    The law is not the private property of lawyers, nor is justice the exclusive province of judges and juries. In the final analysis, true justice is not a matter of courts and law books, but of a commitment in each of us to liberty and mutual respect. - Jimmy Carter

BOA Lifetime Member

Bugged out.

BOA Lifetime Member

To keep my answer short for now.
    I was drawn to its abstract nature and the deep level you can listen to it if you want to.
    Also as a dj theres nothing like it if you want to dj like a musician rather than just playing tracks.

Also the freedom it alows you as a producer you can be an arty c*nt with it if you are that way inclined.
    And of course you can rock a party with it if you prefere it that way.

Junior Freak

Rez by Underworld :clap: never looked back :lol:
    (used to be a rocker/punk)

Banned

well to be honest it was at a time when i was doing a lot of ecstasy and my life was in a mess.
    some of the techno beats ( esp acid techno ), i heard at squat parties just stayed in my head, and i became obsessed with it.
    for a while it was the only thing keeping me going.
    techno

Junior Freak

It was just a natural progression from the music which I have always listened to, I have always listened to techno really, only know, people tend to pidgeon hole techno as 140bpm-ish 4 to the floor percussive music made for dancing to.
    My love for techno has always been in it`s diversity, and it`s change over the years, and it`s undefineable nature.

Technological based music of the future has always been my best attempt at explaining it.

Even now when people ask me about techno, I have to say, "are you asking out of interest, or is this a flippant question? because if you really want me to explain techno, I could be here for ages"

For me the real attraction is the untapped potential. You can just keep diving into it, pushing it in different directions, seeing how far you can take it, or it can take you. It`s an endless journey for me, with no destination, just beautiful scenery along the way.
    "see how far the rabbit hole goes"
    as some shades wearing fool pontificated in some film from a ruined trilogy.
    There is a Gap...

BOA Mod

The chance of a Shag with a bird who didnt like take that.

and it worked.

Supreme Freak

Well I was on my way to this really good trance club (non cheesy style) and I saw the whole place was surrrounded by rozzers (twas the night Billy Nasty was playing). Quite pissed and wondering what to do I remembed that Subtle Logic was on round the corner playing techno so I went there and had 'one of those' club expereicnes.

I mean how many of you can claim your first ever night in a techno club there were 11 people there. Yourself, four of the promoters and six of their mates in a club that can hold 500 people? Even being completely shy and inhibited I just lost it on the dancefloor without chemical stimtulation and thought to myself at the end of the night "You know that's the kind of place I've always wanted to go to".

And a life attitude was born.

Ultimate Freak

a dolly mixture of orbit, house, trance, tuneinn,megablast

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by V..
    It was just a natural progression from the music which I have always listened to, I have always listened to techno really, only know, people tend to pidgeon hole techno as 140bpm-ish 4 to the floor percussive music made for dancing to.
    My love for techno has always been in it`s diversity, and it`s change over the years, and it`s undefineable nature.

Technological based music of the future has always been my best attempt at explaining it.

Even now when people ask me about techno, I have to say, "are you asking out of interest, or is this a flippant question? because if you really want me to explain techno, I could be here for ages"

For me the real attraction is the untapped potential. You can just keep diving into it, pushing it in different directions, seeing how far you can take it, or it can take you. It`s an endless journey for me, with no destination, just beautiful scenery along the way.
    "see how far the rabbit hole goes"
    as some shades wearing fool pontificated in some film from a ruined trilogy.
    Good call V

acieeeeeeeeeeeeed

a simple answer from me, i'd never heard of anything like it before, i loved the power and excitement of it all
    Life is "trying things to see if they work"

Finally getting around to updating my site
    http://www.plus27design.co.uk/

Dave knows scooter lyrics

BOA Lifetime Member

You see how fast people respond to a decent disscussion

M.O.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindful
    yup...i think we do need more of these types of threads
    The law is not the private property of lawyers, nor is justice the exclusive province of judges and juries. In the final analysis, true justice is not a matter of courts and law books, but of a commitment in each of us to liberty and mutual respect. - Jimmy Carter

M.O.D.

i was into idm and ninja tune, etc. then i got plastikman sheet one and it blew my mind. i listened to it all the time in my car at night. then i moved to michigan, and decided one night to go to a warehouse party in detroit with some friends (incuding two hot chicks, hahaha). a guy named twonz was spinning...sort of a poor man's jeff mills, but i didn't know the difference at the time...he was spinning all purpose maker, black nation, sugeon, etc. this was in 1995. i sat on the speaker, the place was dark and dingy, the lights flashing, the drums just f***ing hard as hell, and it just hit me. and i never turned back.

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mindful
    Damm straight.

I was done with teenage jungle rudeness, had enough of mdma fuelled trancefests and was looking for something with more bones to it, that was less faddy.

Bugged out sealed the deal though. I loved those parties.

Junior Freak

I played trance until 2000 when I started getting into techno. It just seemed a deeper and more mature form of music, while rocking harder at the same time. I kindof transitioned from trance to techno through older oliver lieb and the prolekult label. Now I don't know why I liked trance so much.

BOA Lifetime Member

Default Re: Why did you get into techno in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by SlavikSvensk
    it's been a while since we had an abstract discussion...so i'm curious. what was it about techno that drew everyone in that first time it hit you?
    Summer boredom. Right place, right time. In a nutshell form at least. ;)
    A person belonging to one or more Order is just as likely to carry a flag of the counter-establishment as the flag of the establishment, just as long as it is a flag. --P.D.

Ultimate Freak

generally because it sounds better than all the other genres of electronic music.

Supreme Freak

About 11 years ago I was fifteen and a bunch of mates and I had got into taking speed and acid, listening to stuff like Fugazi, Operation Ivy, Nine Inch Nails, Nirvana and the usual stuff the wierd kids listen to at 15. A friends older sister told us about a party that was going on that night somewhere near the train station. So we went to the train station and it was dead, then a guy drove past in a transit van, and stopped for some reason, so we asked if he knew of a party.. he says yeah i'm on my way there now, jump in the back. Turns out it was the wrong party :D he took us about 20 miles away to an old police training ground (shooting mound) and there were about 30 real dodgy looking people, small rig, and a ****ing giant rottweiler prowling.. Asmodeus was his name. We were kinda stuck, so we just met everyone, found acid in the end, and then worked out the techno thing :D

I'll never forget that night, serendipity at it's finest! That crew still going well strong as well

That rottweiler was trained to bite people in hats as well, the coppers loved that hahaha

90's Trance head

For me it was discovering steve shiels Voodoo hours on Crash fm back in my high school days.

Id never heard music like it before, it was exciting to listen to as it was all new to me, a totally differnt sound.

naturally after listening to the radio show through school the first event i started to goto once id left school was voodoo, then syndicate also.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast