Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    oldbugger

Quote Originally Posted by D'technobitch
    yes you are!

the next thing will be atomic jam in somewhere lke destiny and elite. :dontevengothere: oh shit.i forgot its in the custard factory and thats worse.

just cheese clubs playing techno IMO.

Junior Freak

I think it can only be a good thing having the likes of Surgeon & Regis playing on Radio 1. It is a 'UK Techno Special' on Thursday's Rob Da Bank so who else better to have? At least we can be confident they're going to represent the British techno scene in a positive way. I mean imagine - they could have easily got Fergie to do it!

Me and me mate are goign down to Maida Vale Thursday afternoon for the recording of it - it will be played out between 11pm & 1am Thursday night.
    Shy Bairns get no Gravy..

Supreme Freak

the techno scene is about as underground as 2unlimited these days IMO.

>>> Yeah, I for one am SICK of all the quality techno in the pop charts. And ALL these kids buying tens of thousands of copies of every techno record. It's sick. You can't go anywhere in the UK these days without hearing grindingly hard techno pumping from somewhere.

(the big techno scene i mean) and i am aware there are underground nights about. not as many as the shite though :dontevengothere:

>>> There's no accounting for taste... There's ALWAYS going to be 5hit nights. Get over it. It keeps the gimps away from the good ones, no ?

far too much of it about and far too much of the same wishy washy shite too. all the (most) clubs have the same old sound. call me old fashioned. but its far too popular these days. its the norm in most clubs playing any sort of dance music at the moment coz its popular.

>>> Er... Where are you FROM ? The North Pole ? Where are all these 'dance music' clubs ? I was under the impression many of them in the UK etc were closing down...

im a moaning old twat :lol:[/quote]

>>> And a misinformed one too. Typically derisive attitude really, the usual elitism from the off. And what do you suggest as an alternative, sir ?? Also - Can you travel into the future ? Do you KNOW what stuff we're going to be playing on the radio ? NO. So why just start dissing it and the whole scene from the off ?

POINTLESS

oldbugger

you sure your not from the noth pole

in the north west there are techno nights all over the place. liverpool alone has loads. far too many to even get to them all.. you could do a techno night with big names on most nights of the week.

maybe its different down south but there no shortage of techno up here. i know london doesnt have that much techno on.

i'm not miss informed at all. its my opinion on how i see the scene up here at the moment. some might say its the healthiest it has ever been, i dont agree. its too diluted at the moment.

bit like what happened to trance in about 1998/99.

techno quite clearly is the norm for dance music at the moment (up here anyway) :dontevengothere:

Prince Of Warthogs

Quote Originally Posted by oldbugger

in the north west there are techno nights all over the place. liverpool alone has loads. far too many to even get to them all.. you could do a techno night with big names on most nights of the week.

maybe its different down south but there no shortage of techno up here. i know london doesnt have that much techno on.

i'm not miss informed at all. its my opinion on how i see the scene up here at the moment. some might say its the healthiest it has ever been, i dont agree. its too diluted at the moment.

techno quite clearly is the norm for dance music at the moment (up here anyway) :dontevengothere:

oh come on man !
    i'm sure there's a few techno nights going on up there
    but that alone does not make it mainstream !
    and i bet you can only really count them on one hand anyway.
    what about the usual disco clubs , you know , the wine bars , the "dukes's" or
    " flamingoes" type nightclubs.
    i'll wager there are many more of them pumping out radio one daytime trance and house
    than there are clubs knocking out bmb or the latest skoog release.
    there's plenty of good (underground) techno clubs down here at the moment and i'm not complaining
    to be honest we need it , and i need the work , we all want the music
    and we all want somewhere other than our mates front room to go to on a saturdy night.
    free parties are really tough to get to for me these days
    so clubs is where its at !
    don't knock it , one day it'll be gone and then what ? you'll be happy ?
    i think not.
    love your mum

oldbugger

i'll still listen to it though :lol:

the news of the world will be giving away free jamie ball cd's next week :lol:

Prince Of Warthogs

i'll still listen to it though :lol:

the news of the world will be giving away free jamie ball cd's next week :lol:
    i heard it was a british murder boys flexi disc on the front cover of smash hits
    oh how misinformed i am! ;)
    love your mum

oldbugger

Quote Originally Posted by davethedrummer

oh come on man !
    i'm sure there's a few techno nights going on up there
    but that alone does not make it mainstream !
    and i bet you can only really count them on one hand anyway.
    what about the usual disco clubs , you know , the wine bars , the "dukes's" or
    " flamingoes" type nightclubs.
    i'll wager there are many more of them pumping out radio one daytime trance and house
    than there are clubs knocking out bmb or the latest skoog release.
    there's plenty of good (underground) techno clubs down here at the moment and i'm not complaining
    to be honest we need it , and i need the work , we all want the music
    and we all want somewhere other than our mates front room to go to on a saturdy night.
    free parties are really tough to get to for me these days
    so clubs is where its at !
    don't knock it , one day it'll be gone and then what ? you'll be happy ?
    i think not.
    yeah you are right. and i am over reacting and slightely exagerating.
    i dunno if its a good or bad thing really having so much choice. i go out every weekend somewhere, maybe i'm just hearing too much of it. you really had to go out of your way for find good nights not so long ago and they were few and far between now were overrun, i'm not complaining as such but its deffinatly a sign of the times and how massivly popular techno is at the moment.

as for counting on one hand.. your kidding right? i even had to take my shoes and socks off then and i still lost count.

i think i must go out too much

acieeeeeeeeeeeeed

apart from free parties, there's hardly anything happening here in sheffield these days, thats how mainstream techno is now :lol:

i cant wait to see british muder boys collect their awards at the smash hits poll winners party :lol:
    Life is "trying things to see if they work"

Finally getting around to updating my site
    http://www.plus27design.co.uk/

Dave knows scooter lyrics

the big pork pie

Sorry for being a spaz, but does anyone know what time this show is being broadcast?

acieeeeeeeeeeeeed

11pm-1am this thursday

the big pork pie

Nice one Dan.

acieeeeeeeeeeeeed

no problem, and i bet you get your bucket of kfc in and then fall asleep before it starts :lol:

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Si the Sigh
    Sorry for being a spaz, but does anyone know what time this show is being broadcast?
    Between 11pm & 1am.

I am taking my camera with me on Thursday so will get some pictures of this too.

acieeeeeeeeeeeeed

tonight folks

BOA Lifetime Member

Ill have a listen.

the big pork pie

Quote Originally Posted by dan the acid man
    no problem, and i bet you get your bucket of kfc in and then fall asleep before it starts :lol:
    ha ha! :lol: No chance man. Me and the missus will be getting some beers in, rolling a few phat ones and parking up infront of the wireless with a Thai green curry for this one. Can't wait!

Techno, beer, smoke, curry and quality company.

Junior Freak

christ on a bike! That was intense. Murder Boys started off in true style on ableton ripping up- the wromg crowd and tempting in the right /****ed/havent the fog on the tyne all mine all mine' lads n lasses.

Anyone who was at the celebration tonight then 'theeres away!!'

BOA Lifetime Member

???

Thought it started at 11? not live then i take it.

BOA Lifetime Member

cant you listen to it on the net?? or am i being dumb for a change......

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast