Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Ultimate Freak

ah! this is where i become snobby :lol:

i'm well against 'pushing' productions onto ppl. don't send ur lastest track to minestry(for example) they'll just nick all ur ideas and claim them for themselves. send it to ppl that u know respect the sound and will portray it in the right angle. i think this has been the downfall of several great labels (drizzly for example). saying that though Brain on Manifold (and wicked) :roll:
    21 minutes to know

BOA Lifetime Member

excellent topic, very interesting read

Being someone who hasnt had a record released yet, and probably wont for a while mainly due to the fact that ive not yet completed anything that i regard as releasable and also the fact that ive only completed about 4 tracks anyway, i can see the arguments from all angles.

To me, being able to soley rely on Djing and/or production to earn my money sounds ideal. Obviously in reality its not ideal for everyone, people get ripped off, dont get work etc etc, but the idea of it to me is my main goal in life. I will have achieved my main ambitions in life the day i can honestly say that i earn a decent living thru my music. At the moment i work in a local factory, full time. Its not the best of jobs, but its by far not the worst. I have the best job in the factory, Hygiene assistant. I basically walk round most of the day making sure that the place is being kept tidy etc. I spend most of the day thinking up riffs and working on parts of tracks in my head, then i get home and scribble the ideas down on the PC. The point im making is that its good to have a full time job to keep the money coming in, i earn enough to keep myself entertained each week and i get to work on my music (albiet on a very different level to u guys) in the evening and wkends.

at the end of the day all we can do is keep pressing on with our tracks and hoping for the best hey

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123