Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bass in techno.

BOA Newbie

Saying there's no bass in techno is like saying there's no sugar in chocolate.
    It might happen but it sure ain't the right one :lol: :lol: :lol:

If u want to hear & fell what the bassline in HT is take some records of Wilson, Anxious (Eg), Klein, Beyer or some old Surgeon and the Advent shit put it on, turn the bass to max and turn the treble to min & than just enjoy the ride
    ---------------------------------------------------
    There\'s only one way. THE HARD WAY!!!
    www.downlands01.net

BOA Newbie

B.A.S.S. :lol:
    RichieV I am gettin` what ur saying but u can't fakin say that...

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by RichieV
    by bass i mean bassline

techno really does'nt have alot of basslines that cut
    this is what i am talking about

it doesn't have a bassline you can hum
    Check out:
    Neil Landstrumm
    The Hacker
    Tube Jerk
    Si Begg

all have done Techno trax with basslines you can hum....

Ultimate Freak

heh i don't like any of those artists. you want ot hear a bass line pick up planet rhythm 40.1 or that new dk there's plenty of tracks with bass that's larger than life just keep looking..
    piss and the vultures will pay... coming soon

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Adverse
    heh i don't like any of those artists..
    that doesn't mean it isn't good...be honest, I cant stand the majority of basic groove loop based stuff, I prefer a bit more substance and quirks, but thats just horses for courses... I can see what richie V is getting at, that there are no "Melodic" basslines in this groove based stuff, but that isn't techno as a whole.. It really gets me how people go on about being open minded, and then bang on about drumcode and glen wilson (Btw, no disrespect to these guys, I've got nothing against people being into different stuff to me), and dismiss anything that's outside of that as "not techno" or "I don't like that"... fair play if you don't like something, but you don't see me saying "I hate drumcode" at any mention of the swedish stuff.. it's just damn negative, and it annoys me to read it... It's been like banging your head against a brick wall round here recently, saying "Whats going to push it forward" and then dismissing anything thats a break from the norm... no wonder everything sounds the same.....

Richie V: there is stuff about with big booming MELODIC basslines (That can be dark and sinister as well) you need to just search a bit harder to find it, but it does exist....

Ultimate Freak

and just to add, I've come to the way of thinking over the past few years that there's no such thing as "Good" or "Bad" music (Well, there are exceptions to the rule, most pop music is pretty shit, but , hey, what do I know!), just music you like and music you don't like....

Ultimate Freak

and to add (Again!!) Adverse, Ritchie obviously can't hear the basslines in the stuff you are talking about, so banging on about it even more is hardly going to convince him otherwise....

Ultimate Freak

lol i knew saying that mark would cause you to speak out :) no disresect intended.

i never said anything about hate..

i mean hate.. i don't think i hate anything..

seems to me you got a trigger.. i'm sorry i pulled it. i just don't like it.

which is exactly what you followed up with.

Banned

It's all about Trilogy by Spectrasonic!!!

3Gb of bass hits at 32-bits

so pure and nice!!!

can't do better than that!!!!!

Ultimate Freak

shit! sorry about that...

should have loged off Frank on his computer before replying..

:P

Ultimate Freak

@ adverse: no worries dude, I just see a few things on here that don't make much sense to me sometimes...

Just out of interest, what stuff have you heard by the artists I mentioned above which you didn't like? I can't get with the Hacker's blatently retro stuff, I'm more into his earlier output, and I'm not so into Landstrumms more recent stuff, apart from the od thing, his early Peacefrog, tresor, sativae and mosquito stuff was excellent though (IMO).. I can understand that Tube Jerk stuff can be a bit formulated, I'm just wondering what it is about it you don't like...
    Personally, I can't get into stuff that sounds exactly the same wherever you put the needle to the record i.e. the supposed "DJ tool" which to me seems to be an excuse for lazy arrangement.. no structure... it's almost like, was there any point in cutting a whole side to a record, when you could have just done 10 locks..

Ultimate Freak

well in terms of music creation yes i understand you. it sucks to make loopy stuff. i don't want to do it. when i dj though i like the hard grinding tunes cause i can dance too them and i can rock to them while i'm playing.. simple yes.. monotonous yes! thought provoking no. (that's not in direct reply that's just a pretext)

here's my reply: hacker is just too funky i guess.. si begg who is an amazing producer just is also too dancy and wish washed in his techno. neil lanstrumm has had a track or two i liked nothing special. all talented producers no doubt.. just don't feel it when i play and the truth is, asides from playing and creating, i don't listen to much techno at all. maybe the correct word after all is prefer. i do not prefer them. cheers mark.

Ultimate Freak

fair play

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12