Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

oldbugger

hehe. cheers matey. thats propper considderation that for us who cant use rapidshare.

good lad.

Supreme Freak

I really tried to get into this set....I really tried...but, sorry I dont get it?? Stuff that only has 4 sounds isnt my cup of tea - very unimaginative and uncreative load of tripe. I guess hype is what all the fuss is with this sort of music??
    LivePA
    That is all...

Supreme Freak

I used to like Hawtin's works.....I used to like Metallica too, until they went all cheesy and sloppy. Maybe you have to be on some serious drugs to understand this set....if thats the case I am glad I dont take them as I would never want to be in the kind of headspace necessary to get into this shite.

I listened to both Parts of this set and at no time did my feet tap. I kinda want to believe that this set wasnt done by Richie and is just some hack in a bedroom somewhere tryin to get his kicks by passin himself off as Hawtin.....thats what I wish were true. It certainly sounds like it.
    LivePA
    That is all...

BOA Lifetime Member

i was there but i have no recollection of what happened :) this makes up for it conflict cheers!!;)

oldbugger

Quote Originally Posted by holotropik
    I used to like Hawtin's works.....I used to like Metallica too, until they went all cheesy and sloppy. Maybe you have to be on some serious drugs to understand this set....if thats the case I am glad I dont take them as I would never want to be in the kind of headspace necessary to get into this shite.

I listened to both Parts of this set and at no time did my feet tap. I kinda want to believe that this set wasnt done by Richie and is just some hack in a bedroom somewhere tryin to get his kicks by passin himself off as Hawtin.....thats what I wish were true. It certainly sounds like it.
    i guess its not boom boom boom enough hey?

each to their own. but theres so much more going on in this than 90% of techno at the moment and i find it hard to understand how people can say its "unimaginative shite".

ah well.

Ultimate Freak

you have to BE there

Ultimate Freak

you have to BE there

Ultimate Freak

...twice, even.

Supreme Freak

Well I am gunna catch him while he is here in OZ this NYE so I guess I will have a better idea then.
    LivePA
    That is all...

BOA Lifetime Member

My mates goin to that hawtin nye thing in oz. Its on the beach isnt it?

BOA Lifetime Member

hawtin playin on a beach in oz would be brilliant!!
    \"if you don\'t explode a few heads every night, then you\'re not doing your job\" R.Hawtin IDJ 2001

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by holotropik
    I really tried to get into this set....I really tried...but, sorry I dont get it?? Stuff that only has 4 sounds isnt my cup of tea - very unimaginative and uncreative load of tripe. I guess hype is what all the fuss is with this sort of music??
    Have to disagree man, i thought the mix was alright, OK the recording isn't the best, and yeah it gets quite minimal and experimental but that's what techno is all about...

To say that you didn't tap your feet at any point is crazy to me man...
    Numeric

Supreme Freak

I aint knockin him or the whole minimal thing. I just didnt think that there was much in this set.......prolly had to be there I guess to get the full experience. I'll soon know I suppose??
    LivePA
    That is all...

BOA Lifetime Member

not sure how you cant enjoy this mix....excellent tracks on there....both old and new.

my feet and head are a joltin thats for sure!
    \"if you don\'t explode a few heads every night, then you\'re not doing your job\" R.Hawtin IDJ 2001

BOA Lifetime Member

This type of techno needs to be heard properly to be appreciated.

And once you've appreciated it properly you can dig the crappy recorded versions.

Supreme Freak

Well, I went and saw Hawtin play....it was nothing like this set. He played some straight up fun and funky Techno that had overtones of his minimalistic stuff but with a bit more traditional techno elements. I even read through some articles in the local press here in OZ about his next steps. Seems he is focusing more on entertaining and fun elements of playing rather than the hedonistic and esoteric horizon he's been heading to.

I went to this party with a broad range of people (as I talked them into it - some dont usually go to parties). They loved what Hawtin did and found it "very catchy and funky" - to use their words. They had a ball and danced to the whole 3 hours. It was a lesson in Techno really as he came back to his roots but brought some of his new elements with him in a really well structured set.
    LivePA
    That is all...

BOA Lifetime Member

Good to hear that man...

I bought the DE9 Transitions CD and it's awesome...
    Numeric

oldbugger

hawtin is shit. dunno what all the fuss is about all this old minimal shit he's playing is crap too. its all tunes from 10 years ago. :lol: :lol: :lol: :cheese:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast