Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BOA Lifetime Member

Yeah, hence me saying he looks an exciting and special player!

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by lukekendall
    Quote Originally Posted by Will
    No I shouldn't, I'm sure most football fans are more interested in their club than their country. Besides, that fool Martin Jol was trying to make out he's just as good as Walcott... Besides, I wasn't being serious when I said that, but I'm sure Walcott will over shadow him and he might well be another fairly average English Spurs player who'll struggle to get in the squad, nevermind become an England mainstay.
    we payed 1 mill for lennon and has proved in the prem that he is a top player against top teams!

walcott cost you 12 mill and he could turn out as you think, he is only 16!! i would not blow your trumpit yet mate he aint proved nothing
    You ripped off Leeds and paid £1.5m for him, but if Walcott somehow doesn't work out we'll only pay £5m for him. But Martin Jol tried to make out Lennon's just as good as Walcott - not better, and he's the Spurs boss comparing an Arsenal player to a Spurs player!

But it was fairly obvious Rooney had a bright future ahead of him at a similar age and I think it's fair to say the same for Walcott too - everything I've seen and heard about him is very impressive, he doesn't seem interested in money at all - he just wants to play football and develop.

He doesn't think he's made it just because he's signed for us, he still knows he's got to work hard in training and be patient to get any opportunity to shine. And I've heard about him carrying the physio's bag for him after games and stuff - how many players would do that? Plus he didn't seem over-awed in the slightest in the press conference etc he seemed very calm and level headed.

He's got the touch, composure, pace, quick feet and attitude to do very well I think. As for Wenger signing more English players, I think it's fair to say if another youngster of Walcott's calibre comes along he'll try and sign him - we've been signing a lot of top youngsters without much fanfare that are waiting in the wings at other clubs for the time being...

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by nick_anarchy
    how many english players have thay got .....??

infact how many english players have come up from the youth ??
    Just Ashely Cole I think.

David Bently is on loan, the others have been free transfered (Stuart Taylor etc...)
    (\\__/)
    (=\'.\'=)
    (\")_(\")

BOA Lifetime Member

I'm really impressed with Walcott. Think he's got great potential. He scored some incredibly skillful goals, looks like he has some very good talent.

Hope he develops well.
    (\\__/)
    (=\'.\'=)
    (\")_(\")

BOA Lifetime Member
    Birkenhead, shithole but it's my shithole.

english players for the arseanal off the top of moi head

campbell
    cole
    walcott
    hoyte

they have 2 irish lads too, stokes & cregg.
    lol the trance has gone

BOA Lifetime Member

Not forgetting Gilbert!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12