Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Junior Freak

Default Richie Parker?????

Just been into town to buy records and came out with one from an arteest called Richie Parker on kkd (International E.p.), 2 of the 4 tracks are shit hot and caused me to ponder why it is I havent ever heard of Richie Parker, once I got back to my house I felt the urge to find out more o' this Richie Parker.................and that was just the problem, between Nuloop, Juno, &, Covert there isn't one release from him or the label that he's on, then to discogs I went which in it's own right covers the grander spectrum of artists...............but no nothin'!!!

So if ya know anything bout him.............alias's, releases, site's, anything drop a post..........Mucho Gracias :)

BOA Lifetime Member

here's a shocking thought

maybe its his first release?

Junior Freak

He's an Irish guy and it is his first release on his own label KK records. The release is a bit too bright or something for me and a bit handbag in spots.

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by eyeswithoutaface

at that there is usually a lil' sumtin bout previous projects or anything to do with the lad, he didn't just wake up on a day and say todays the day I'm gonna start a label, and make a few tunes, as you should well know it doesn't quite work that way!!

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by darkside
    Thank's

Junior Freak

No it doesnt work like that normally cos most artists get a bit of recognition first and make sure that they are doing something fresh and innovative. But thats not the case here. Some of it sounds like Dj Funk some almost like Cave on ingoma and the others are just poor. I know the record is on Dj 3000's top ten but this is not a great record at all IMO.

I think Sebastian Kramer is a good example of what Im talking about. He got tracks on a couple of labels first, people like James Ruskin were behind him and Pure Plastic. Then he set up his own label and i think its really good techno, well fresh and new. The same cannot be said for Richie Parker, hence there is no information on him.

Junior Freak

Haven't listened to much of his stuff, must do I hear good things MATE!!
    www.giveusthenight.com - support the cause!!!!!

BOA Lifetime Member

that doesnt make sense, unless the lad was really on fire and sending CDR's out that everyone was caining BEFORE he set up his own label (bear that in mind by the way), then of course no one is going to know much about his productions, and there certainly isnt going to be much about him knocking about online, and its his first release as i thought, so it's not going to be up on discogs straight away.

agreed, this is a poor record anyway, and i did say bear it in mind about the starting a new label, im not putting him down big up to him for doing what he wants, but this is hardly a solid release to set a new label up on. It's full of really dry presets and samples, and he probably could of just got this taken for a label if he'd sent it to enough people and saved setting up a whole new label, saved the cost etc etc

just my opinion of course ;)

BOA Lifetime Member

and i did say bear it in mind about the starting a new label
    :cheese:

BOA Lifetime Member

you obviously see my point then Tony hehe

BOA Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Davin
    Just been into town to buy records and came out with one from an arteest called Richie Parker on kkd (International E.p.), 2 of the 4 tracks are shit hot and caused me to ponder why it is I havent ever heard of Richie Parker, once I got back to my house I felt the urge to find out more o' this Richie Parker.................and that was just the problem, between Nuloop, Juno, &, Covert there isn't one release from him or the label that he's on, then to discogs I went which in it's own right covers the grander spectrum of artists...............but no nothin'!!!

So if ya know anything bout him.............alias's, releases, site's, anything drop a post..........Mucho Gracias :)
    Hi there, Richie Parker here, Firstly Davin thanks for pickin up my record, as regards info on me you know by now about my site www.djrichieparker.com, yes it is my first release and seems to be causing a bit of a stirr, Both positive and negative, well look here is the deal..: i released these tracks because i really like them, not because i thought "everyone" is going to like them, but in the hope that there might be a "few" who gets what im tryna do..

It would be alot easier to jump on the techno bandwaggon and just produce whichever style of techno is getting the most attention or which is popular at the moment, i created these tracks with none of that in mind, i liked them if other people like them thats a bonus...

Sometimes you just have to get off your ass and put your money where your mouth is, sitting around thinking, pondering about releasing a record isnt gona get it done, i barley scraped enough hard earned cash to put this record to life, its not something i could afford to just wake up in the morning and do, for the last 6 years ive been tryna get a foothold in the dance industry (dj'in) you would want to be playing the decks ****in naked to get noticed amongst the amount of people out there tryna do the same, so i stopped chasing scraps and took a step back and said "hold on" anyone can call themselves a techno dj, stand behind a set of dex playing the latest hits, but not everyone can produce and release a techno record, for about 3 of the last years ive been working hard at producing, scraping together money for equipment, i must have produced and deleted over a thousand techno tracks over the last two years, only the tracks that i really like have stayed around, thus the international ep is born, and now there is people on a message forum discussing me..Brilliant :cheese:

BOA Lifetime Member

errr your not doing anything that practically EVERYONE on this forum and in techno has done/is doing anyway. You said it yourself you barely scraped enough cash together to release this, well no offence, but a bit more market research would of fared you alot better, as if you'd of sent these tracks off to say even 30 labels im almost positive that someone would of taken them, and bare in mind there must be hundreds and hundreds of techno labels now. That's just the way it is. Send it to enough people and someone will take it, regardless of the production quality, which to be fair isnt very high here. That's just an honest opinion, and you want to get further in this game then that's one thing you not only have to be prepared for, but positively embrace.

It's time to stop thinking of "im trying to make it, there are so many other dj's etc etc trying to make it"... doesnt work like that anymore unfortunately, just do your thing and if you got true talent then it'l come through and people will notice, just because you have your own label and can produce techno tracks wont automatically put you above other dj's in the pecking order. Maybe 6, 7, 8 years ago... but not these days

you dont have to have your own label and be shelling out money you havent got and scraping around to get things off the ground, it seriously doesnt do anything to help you unless the material is either so well produced that people simply HAVE to stand up and take notice, or its the freshest techno to be heard in years, which unfortunately is neither here. Save the bother, the expense, the hassle and basically the ridicule and find your feet more first. Send stuff out to the plethora of labels currently swamping the market

good luck too of course, but this is a community and community ethos rules here, even if we all do have our differences

BOA Lifetime Member

Jesus dude, a little harsh?

Fair play mate, good luck to you. Whatever works for you, there's no one way of doing things. Glad to see your efforts have paid off.

BOA Lifetime Member

harsh? your joking, there's no harshness in the whole thread. Just the usual honesty, nothing out of the ordinary there, ive wished him good luck, totally, but no point in having other options if there not explained is there? as said, there's no doubt a number of labels who would of took the tracks and it wouldnt of cost him a penny, it sounds like he had it hard getting the money together as we all would, and releasing tracks without the pressure of all your money in the world ploughed into it would help the artist improve certainly, if its not great you can look back and see why, and without a big hole in your pocket

i just dont personally think a brand new label in an already saturated market is helpful regardless, in my opinion of course

ive wished him luck so there's no problem

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by eyeswithoutaface
    It's full of really dry presets and samples,
    )

gotta agree with you here, it sounds to me like a load of apple loops strung together.

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Dj-Richie-Parker
    i barley scraped enough hard earned cash to put this record to life,
    when you start a label you really need enough money for a few releases, as say this takes your distibutor 4 months to sell all the records, then you gotta wait 60 days after the end of the month for the cash, so your up to 6 months, then say a month for mastering, pressing and promotion. so your looking at 7 month's before you can feasibly get another record out without more investment.

definetly send your tunes of to labels, if there not interested in releasing, they should at least give you valid feedback on your music

BOA Newbie

look im hardly gona release the records on white label, so of course
    im going to set up a label design, its not as if ive rented out an office and got myself employees or anything..

Basically what your saying is nobody should independantly release a techno record, just wait around for another label to take you on..

why should i wait for someone else, i am entitled to set up what i want...

its not as if i just put any old shite together, pressed it and sent it out..

The record was featured on the front page of submerge for two weeks, submerge being probably one of the largest and most respected techno distributors in the world, alot more respected than our opinions, do you think they are going to risk their reputation and feature a record which is krap..

Mark eg has also featured the record in m8, im not going to quote what he said, il let you go read it yourself.

Anyway im not gona let a couple of peoples "personal opinions" get me down...

Just enjoy the music you like, nobody is forcing you to listen to music you dont like, there is diferent music for diferent people, and thats whats great about techno, there are no rules, when people start putting boundries up on it thats when it gets krap.

What is saturating the sceene is artists who just jump on the bandwaggon and recreate something that they know is popular at the moment, but people taking a risk and putting out their music which they like personally can only be a good thing..

Anyway peace..i aint here for a bitching match..

Deceptacon

Quote Originally Posted by Dj-Richie-Parker
    look im hardly gona release the records on white label, so of course
    im going to set up a label design, its not as if ive rented out an office and got myself employees or anything..

Basically what your saying is nobody should independantly release a techno record, just wait around for another label to take you on..

why should i wait for someone else, i am entitled to set up what i want...

its not as if i just put any old shite together, pressed it and sent it out..

The record was featured on the front page of submerge for two weeks, submerge being probably one of the largest and most respected techno distributors in the world, alot more respected than our opinions, do you think they are going to risk their reputation and feature a record which is krap..

Mark eg has also featured the record in m8, im not going to quote what he said, il let you go read it yourself.

Anyway im not gona let a couple of peoples "personal opinions" get me down...

Just enjoy the music you like, nobody is forcing you to listen to music you dont like, there is diferent music for diferent people, and thats whats great about techno, there are no rules, when people start putting boundries up on it thats when it gets krap.

What is saturating the sceene is artists who just jump on the bandwaggon and recreate something that they know is popular at the moment, but people taking a risk and putting out their music which they like personally can only be a good thing..

Anyway peace..i aint here for a bitching match..
    :clap:

do your thing m8. some will like it, some wont.....

Administrator

hold on.

eyes said: you're not doing anything anyone else on this forum isn't doing???????

you guys are crazy. have you not heard this guy's track? i mean the a2. jesus guys come on.... this is BRILLIANT!

oh this is silly... the guy is really trying hard. why not give a few props for at least getting on vinyl! if ya doont like it, just give a chance!!!

:)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast