Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior Freak

Default The South West finally catching up.

Well it's about bloody time! At last it seems like the dominance of Hard Trance/Hardstyle in the south west is coming to an end and people are realising that techno is the only way forward. And instead of clearing the floor, techno dj's are finally getting the respect they deserve and the clubs are going off all night.

We've had the excellent Hindsight in Exmouth with London's finest, Drummer played an awesome set at the Grove in Seaton, Patrick's night in weymouth is bringing the more intelligent sound in and we've got a Wilson live pa and a festival in devon coming up this weekend.

We've been waiting a long time for this but it finally seems to be happening...bring it on :D

BOA Lifetime Member

Default Re: The South West finally catching up.

Quote Originally Posted by matt303
    At last it seems like the dominance of Hard Trance/Hardstyle in the south west is coming to an end and people are realising that techno is the only way forward.
    God what are you like Clacher you Techno purist... :roll:

BOA Lifetime Member

I wouldnt use the techno purist term on here corbz
    Ure not mad enough, u don\'t belong in this house

Tune id's please?????????
    www.soundcloud.com/djfase

http://www.discogs.com/user/djfase

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Corbzy
    why not....TECHNO PURIST! :lol:
    Bastard :lol:

BOA Lifetime Member

TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST,

:lol: :D

BOA Lifetime Member

M8 aint you got nothing better to do :lol:

BOA Lifetime Member

oh, ok then :lol:

the big pork pie

Well said Matt! Techno does seem the obvious way to go...Lets hope promoters down here in the South West keep on booking the DJ's. :thumbs up:

Supreme Freak

At last it seems like the dominance of Hard Trance/Hardstyle in the south west is coming to an end and people are realising that techno is the only way forward.
    WTF?!?!? Well snobby thing to say matt... and you know it.

Techno is not THE ONLY way forward... why cant everyone just support dance music as a whole?? and im sorry but it does only seem to be the people who are into techno who think that it is the only way forward... Im begining to really love all styles, each for its different elements... techno being a main player i agree... but i think that many styles, not just techno can take this scene forward...
    high fish | future sound

Quote Originally Posted by baptismo

Techno is not THE ONLY way forward... why cant everyone just support dance music as a whole?? and im sorry but it does only seem to be the people who are into techno who think that it is the only way forward... Im begining to really love all styles, each for its different elements... techno being a main player i agree... but i think that many styles, not just techno can take this scene forward...

i agree with jon here big time, wats this all about?
    www.clubabsolute.co.uk

Absolute with Alex Kidd & Paul Webster - 18th April
    Absolute with Stoneface & Terminal & Bryan Kearney - 16th May
    Anjunabeats 100 tour - Above and Beyond, Jaytech & Myself - 24th May
    Gatecrasher Edinburgh - 25th May

Junior Freak

Just the boy expressing his opinion , wouldn't worry too much about it.

I don't think it's only techno folk that think their music is the only way forward , everyone that is wholly (is that even a word) into ONE scene will think their style of music is the best. It's a bit closed off and biased but aren't all opinions slightly biased in the end.

****, I have been smoking too much grass recently I am trying to be all diplomatic and "peace man" like. Oh well here's a few nasty faces too

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by baptismo

Well said the Boicey...I enjoy my techno when I'm out but trance and techno will always correspond together..

Ultimate Freak

3 step death skiffle, that's where it's at, when are you going to learn.....

Junior Freak

I mean in pushing the stagnant dance music scene forward in the south west, i think it's good that promoters are tasking risks putting on a techno night, and i'm even happier to see it going off all and everyone enjoying themsleves...i'm not saying to scrap all hard trance events, i'm just happy that techno is getting a look in and that there's more choice and everyone's happy.

matt...the non purist.

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Corbzy
    eh? :?
    See, I'm well ahead of all of you...

Supreme Freak

right, im pulling my diplomatic hat firmly over my ears for this one

much as i love/loved hard trance, you must agree that the scene hasnt really progressed over the last year, infact if anything (in the south west at least) its merely gone into overdrive, with loads of small promoters putting nights on at the same times as others, and all djs playing more or less (i said more or less!!!) the same tunes... dont get me wrong, i love a good rave to some hard trance, but i really cant remember the last time i had a really good rave to hard trance! meanwhile the last techno night i went to (hindsight in exmouth) i danced all night and and then carried on at the beach party...

also me and matt were discussing this and another thing we hit upon was the mixing... there are very few hard trance/ hardstyle djs who DONT just do the "swap the basslines - WAH WAH WAH" mix pretty much every tune... with techno djs, in general, you get a much longer, much more interesting mix...

everyone who knows me know i live for trance, but i happen to think there's more interesting stuff being made at the lighter end of the spectrum... certainly these days, in contrast to the country club days, a melody moves me more than a bassline. im waffling. my bad.
    the alarm clock\'s going off. but you\'re not waking up. this isn\'t happening.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast