Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BOA Mod

Default chicks on speed attacked in spain

CHICKS ON SPEED PHYSICALLY VIOLATED BY SECURITY PROMOTERS AND SPONSORS AT A FESTIVAL IN SOUTHERN SPAIN

Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 17:00:26 +0200 (MEST)
    To: borderline

Dear Everyone,

We wanted to let you all know, we had one of the worst experiences of our 10 year musical career on Saturday night, we were physically violated and dragged off stage by security, Ortiz Padillo Promoters and commercial sponsors at Oxigena Festival, near Cordova, in Southern Spain.

We were denied our right to perform at the festival as contracted and our fees were not honoured. It was clear that the public attendance of the festival was extremely low and the promoters wouldn't allow us to play for this reason, so they could claim insurance on the premise, of a cancelled headlining act. The promoters and Sponsors falsely claimed that the band is late" as we entered the stage at 1.25am, 5 minutes prior to the planned stage time of 1.30am as contracted.

Photo documentation has been taken away from us, our camera was smashed and memory card stolen.

We want to expose these criminal acts and the organisations responsible for abusing and robing artists through their business practices and the unethical networks of festivals and concert promoters. It's clearly a case of abuse against women, destruction of personal property, breach of contract and assault.

We´re pretty freaked out & scared by what we experienced. It would be really good to have your support in any way, the organizers were trying to make quick cash from the festival. Look out for scammers that are abusing musicians and swindling young people looking to have a fun evening.

KEEP MUSIC ABOUT ART & CULTURE & A WILD FUN TIME TO BE TOGETHER & NOT A MEANS FOR HORRIBLE MEN TO MAKE PILES MONEY.

Chicks on Speed

wtf?! :paranoid:
    Jacbri @ Proton Radio - every 3rd Thursday at 12:00 AM EST / 05:00 GMT
    X-Music @ Techno.FM - every 1st Tuesday at 12:00 PM EST / 18:00 GMT

BOA Lifetime Member

what!?! thats unbelivable..
    **NEW MYSPACE** www.myspace.com/filthmongerdj -

:) :)New TECHNO MIX OCT 2009 + setlist available here http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/forum...154#post708154 :) :)

Supreme Freak

Welcome to the music industry
    circa 2000 onwards....

well, this has been going on
    longer than that
    just now it is happening more often
    and on a scale larger than
    what I have experienced quite regularly
    down here in OZ.

Sad but true :(
    LivePA
    That is all...

The Demon Beast

Lawsuit anyone?
    Wetworks
    Compound, Punish Blue, Mastertraxx

BOA Lifetime Member

fu.ck lawsuit, retards like these should be executed on sight.
    non serviam

BOA Lifetime Member

The great Charles Bukowski said this

"The music industry is a long plastic trench filled with bandits, sharks, thieves and lawyers.
    And of course, there is a bad side as well"

Welcome to the music industry,
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.
    Does anyone have courage to stand apart any more?

myspace.com/dirtybassgrooves
    http://www.myspace.com/dirtybassvoidloss
    http://www.subgenius.com

Supreme Freak

free techno rules lol

Supreme Freak

We shouldent just brush off something like that with a nevermind, thats the music biz sort of attitude. I'm sure Chicks on Speed have encountered plenty of shady promoters and dodgy gigs in their time, as have we all, but that is well over the top. A lawsuit would be ace to really screw these dodgy bastards over, but it would probably just be a waste of time and money. We'll all just have to remember to avoid the Oxigena festival and Ortiz Padillo Promoters like the plague.

BOA Lifetime Member

"At Red Hot Chilli Peppers concert in Hyde Park, London in June 2004, a bottle hit Alex Murray-Leslie who then left
    the stage in tears. The Chicks on Speed were on stage for approximately 10 minutes during which time they mimed two
    songs."
    A person belonging to one or more Order is just as likely to carry a flag of the counter-establishment as the flag of the establishment, just as long as it is a flag. --P.D.

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by tocsin
    "At Red Hot Chilli Peppers concert in Hyde Park, London in June 2004, a bottle hit Alex Murray-Leslie who then left
    the stage in tears. The Chicks on Speed were on stage for approximately 10 minutes during which time they mimed two
    songs."
    uuuuhh...even if they lipsynced every show EVAR, that still does not excuse abusiveness on the part of promoters.

BOA Lifetime Member

yeah, ****ing weird quote that tocsin

this is seriously out of order, end of, miming or not, bloody hell, sounds like a proper nasty experience for them. I've met them briefly and they are lovely ladies, they certainly dont deserve that. No one does

BOA Lifetime Member

They get a rough time alright. A while back they also had a bottle thrown at them at a gig here in Dublin, and I've rarely ever heard of that happening here. I'm not saying they are asking for it, but there does seem to be a running pattern here? What's the story, does their show really piss some people off that much?

Anyway, this latest trouble is disgraceful, they should inform the local police.

BOA Lifetime Member

dont think its a running pattern, they must of done hundreds of gigs now, and there is about 3, 4 instances of trouble. That's not many, i know alot of male djs/performers who've had alot more shit at gigs, but not to the harsh extent of this particular instance

i think people just presume they can get away with more when its female artists, im not saying this is true, im saying i think thats what people who do give them shit probably think. Chicks on speed are a confident bunch of lasses and i have no doubt it wont detter them, its just an absolute ****ing disgrace

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by eyeswithoutaface
    i know alot of male djs/performers who've had alot more shit at gigs
    Like what? being punched or stabbed?

Running pattern is perhaps an exaggeration, lets just say that bottle throwing out of the ordinary for them. I'm not saying they deserve it, but they're one of the very few, if any, that I've heard this happen to, especially within electronic music. So, besides the obvious nastiness of the people that threw bottles, is there anything about their performances that might unsettle some people?

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by eyeswithoutaface
    dont think its a running pattern, they must of done hundreds of gigs now, and there is about 3, 4 instances of trouble. That's not many, i know alot of male djs/performers who've had alot more shit at gigs, but not to the harsh extent of this particular instance

i think people just presume they can get away with more when its female artists, im not saying this is true, im saying i think thats what people who do give them shit probably think. Chicks on speed are a confident bunch of lasses and i have no doubt it wont detter them, its just an absolute **** disgrace
    Yeah, right on, you go girlfriend!!.
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.
    Does anyone have courage to stand apart any more?

myspace.com/dirtybassgrooves
    http://www.myspace.com/dirtybassvoidloss
    http://www.subgenius.com

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sunil
    lets just say that bottle throwing out of the ordinary for them.
    should have been an "isn't" after "throwing"

BOA Lifetime Member

nah there's alot more of these kinda of instances that occurs than get's documented on boards like this. I should of worded "alot more" bit a tad better, i obviously didnt mean anyone getting stabbed, as i think if that had of happened anywhere we'd all know about it. But yeah, violence at gigs happens alot more than people think, as i say, its just a case of not hearing about it, its often an embarrasing thing and people dont really want everyone to know when they've been set upon really, Chicks on speed just took it upon themselves to inform everyone quite publically, which is cool, people do need to know, imagine you'd just took a booking with these particular gigs then you found out they did that to established artists, i know for one i'd be slightly worried indeed about fulfilling the gig

i dont think there is anything unsettling about what they do, they are just an average electroclash/techno/band the time's ive seen them, if anything, they were pretty underwhelming, just girls in make up playing tracks really

BOA Lifetime Member

"gigs" = "promoters" in the fourth line there peeps

BOA Lifetime Member

Maybe they should just give up, and stop playing?

Administrator

it's sad... that's life. and that's the biz. i feel very sorry for the chicks, and please EVERYONE THINK if you're booked by these guys.

this type of thing will never stop.. power hungry ppl taking advantage of muso's will always be out there.

but the thing i've found in years of doing this shit is just be right with ppl, be nice and don't play the superstar game. that way nobody can knock ya down. i don't know what happened here, but i do know i've seen dj's think they are the dons and then get stripped down to shit... (i'm not saying this is the chicks).. fair play if you're like that eh but don't expect ppl to come to your aid when ya getting a slap...

:)

at the end of the day, none of us know what happened here. my heart goes out to the chicks who where clearly affected by this... x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast