From another post I picked this out, posted by Dustin Zahn:

'What is not good for techno these days is this cookie cutter techno where all it is is bang bang bang bang. The "Heroes" sound comes to mind. I really dug, but I realize there's no creativity to it and its good for a few rounds as a DJ tool.'

I simply don't agree. This sound has become a real passion for the underground and it's definitely not all bang bang bang. Yes, the kick drum is hard, but you're not seeing through it - but isn't that exactly what your mum said when she first heard you playing house music in 85? There's so many people I know who totally believe in this sound at the moment and I think it is the best thing to happen to techno for a long time. It puts that techno 'attitude' back onto the dancefloor.

I think what isn't good though is if you don't make your self aware of other forms of techno music. There's alot of superb techno music coming from all over the globe (tresor/kennedy/submerge/bam bam etc etc etc etc oh my god i should go on but i'll be here all day). i know DJ Pauze will kill me (hehehehe....) but I think that if you focus on the one style and sound, you can't look left or right. Some people do seem to be concentrating on the Heroes sound at the moment and forgetting to build their techno sets/take you on a journey (I was in danger of doing this a few months ago until someone on a dancefloor in brazil pointed it out).

I think Dustin should have put:

'What is not good for techno these days is where people simply play one style and nothing else!!!!!'.

Well, that's what I think anywayz :=]