Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
    Ultimate Freak

Default Pitch weak spots on turntables...

My decks are unbalanced on pitch because I tested it with matching two of the same records... now this is fine however there are sections between pitches which fluctuate in pitch just a small amount. It seems I'm adjusting one deck by microns... either way it's too fast or two slow. I either have to adjust the other deck instead or bizarre, turn them off for an hour and go back to them.

I dunno if this is just cause there old and loosing there accuracy but when your doing a CD you want spot on perfection and it's anoying when you find you have to work against such inaccuracies.

Then again, it makes working on accurate/newer ones very pleasurable.

Anyone have any advice on 1210 repairs or maintence or idea's to help this?
    Follow your music with heart and you can never go wrong...

Junior Freak

had the same trouble b4, and set em up with the stobe so the were nigh on perfect @ the various dot sizes.

or this is the official way,

pitch control +- 0% adjustment

connect a frequency counter to points +tp27 -earth point , turn on the power, set the pitch control to zero, adjust pitch pot vr301 so the frequency is 262.08 khz +- 0.05 khz

pitch control gain adjustment

set the pitch to zero, pull out the conector cn102 of drive p.c.b, conect a multimeter to terminals 5 and 6 of conector cn102 on the pitch control p.c.b side, adjust vr302 so that the resistance is 2.7 killer ohms +- 0.1 killer ohms.

the above is from the technics service manual.

Ultimate Freak

until that last line, I thought you sounded well clever.

lol..

I've done a-level electronics and thought "bloody hell... what I learned may come in useful... but how much do I remember???"

Junior Freak

hahahahaha.......me clever....hahahhahaha

should do the trick though,

good luck.

Ultimate Freak

Thanks man! :)

Keepin' it Unreal

Another problem that you can get with them is the fact that the pitch slider is basically just the same as a standard cross fader. And wear and tear on the rails means you lose contact sometimes making the speed change in funny ways(just like when your x fader bleeds). Try the above to callibrate the decks back to what they are supposed to. If you still have problems with it then get some replacement sliders(20 quid each i think). They are a bit of a pain to get in tho! I have the full service manual on my hdd somewhere, if you want it, give me a shout.