Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Re-Werx???

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by darkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Heroes
    ive found out whos label it is
    SSHHH! :cheese:

this thread will be doing his label the world of good.
    ok shhhhhhh yea shhhhhhhh i forgot, sorry ive been out of self promotion so long

BOA Lifetime Member

just checked back, they've taken the mills sampling track down now and posted a message saying its not connected to Clarke

strange

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by eyeswithoutaface
    just checked back, they've taken the mills sampling track down now and posted a message saying its not connected to Clarke

strange

maybe he dont want it to be bootlegged :lol:
    No entres donde no puedas pasar fácilmente la cabeza

BOA Lifetime Member

haha how ironic that would be

Junior Freak

it look to me like it is a chica who make this label, and a very sexy chica she is too :eyes:

Supreme Freak

bought it today and added it to discogs. if someone here is a discogs mod, please give it a yes-vote http://www.discogs.com/release/757545 :)
    "Techno Music is my Heritage. Techno is not dead DAMM IT!!" - Omar-S

Junior Freak

Mills is not happy about this "Dark Matter" thing at all. Its been "a complex case of remix hell" as he described it. He made these edits for a New York label "Undertow": http://www.discogs.com/release/66564 and http://www.discogs.com/release/345178 (second one being a dubious release already). The thing went on to some italian label ULR http://www.discogs.com/release/66917 without clearance and ended up on Re-Load (known for some very dubious business practises, MUCH worse than R+S at their "shady" times). Some of the Re-Load guys took the liberty to "remix the remix" (in other words, **** around with unlicensed material) and pressed up this: http://www.discogs.com/release/31984
    This whole (as it seems ongoing) story is the main reason why there are only a handful Jeff Mills remixes out there. Here is a pretty awesome one: http://www.discogs.com/release/38406
    He decribed the whole story some years back on his site (there was a kind of forum for a while until spammers and playerhaters took over)

BOA Lifetime Member

yeah, i dont know why people are bigging this up in the first place, you only have to listen to it to realise all is not what it seems.

The Demon Beast

Wetworks
    Compound, Punish Blue, Mastertraxx

BOA Lifetime Member

great pic

Junior Freak

i just look agaain to the myspace and the tresor night club, they say jeff mills, he is pissed and the post below it say that clarke plays this in the creamfields spain.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=86380320

BOA Lifetime Member

i love how there are several bigger names who obviously havent realised just how shady this release is supporting it, the irony being the more this bootleg saga goes on, the less likely it is Mills will do any remixes, great!

BOA Lifetime Member

considering the first track is a strange remix/rework of Clarke's Aphrohead remix, id place a bet that he played his original version. I cant see Clarke supporting a record that boots one of his friends so blatently. But maybe everyone is giving up on their morals these days? who knows

BOA Lifetime Member

they are even using the fact it's causing uproar as a promtional tool... pity they cant spell controversial correct

Ultimate Freak

here Scott, i've bought you a present....

:cheese:

BOA Lifetime Member

hahaha

;)

are you stocking this release by the way?

Ultimate Freak

no i'm not, but not because i disagree with it or anything.

i've stocked clones, p, killabite, player etc in the past so it'd be a bit hypocrytical not to stock this one. it came out when i was sorting the new website out and wasn't ordering anything new in.

i wonder if mills is still playing the clones releases...

BOA Lifetime Member

fair point of course, i just find the whole thing very off that's all

and as if that bird is the one running the label, unless anyone can verify it? a few of you guys seem to know who it is, care to share it with the rest of us?

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by eyeswithoutaface
    i love how there are several bigger names who obviously havent realised just how shady this release is supporting it, the irony being the more this bootleg saga goes on, the less likely it is Mills will do any remixes, great!
    I'm sure lots of people know the origin of the samples, but would just play it because they like it. And look at Ben Sims, he's built his production career on ripping other people's loops - no-one has ever really called him shady. Mills has probably played the Killabites, and he got Sims to remix one of his tracks too.

It is a little cheekier this one, but I don't think this Rewerx 12" is going to sway Mills further away from doing remixes, the fact is he doesn't really do them anyway and probably has no intention to do many more, regardless of a bootleg that's doing the rounds.

Maybe Mills should make his catalogue open to some producers to remix, rather than exclusive 100 copy releases and all that crap. A proper double pack or album from a variety of producers.

Junior Freak

i have hear that vinyl does not sell much these days anyhow so it is not like someone will be rich from these.

it is just music for a dancefloor i think. i have this record and i like it. rip off or not :)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast