Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BOA Lifetime Member

well it wouldnt be nice if some of the methods i suggest didnt work, ive not suggested anything un-ethical or underhand. Quite the opposite. Be more personal with the labels your trying to get onto, no one likes a faceless demo, seriously, i dont know anyone who has gained a release without knowing someone to kick start things, even the most insignificant thing can set the ball rolling. It's all well and good saying "i dont like the who you know approach" but genuinely, everyone has to know someone to get going, be it a distributor, a label, a fellow producer. No one can do this 100% on their own, no one. Not even the bigger guys. You think the likes of Beyer just woke up with deals one day and selling out clubs left right and centre? no chance, they played their music to people too when they were at our level, and got in touch with people and made affliations and networked a little

there are no right and wrong methods as said, just keep one's feet on the ground as it were and get to know people, remember there is a huge gap between being known on ur local circuit and getting your name known on the international scene, its alot lot harder than people think. Someone in sweden probably isnt going to know, or even care, how many local gigs anyone's done or who supports your music or who you've played with. Definately remember that i say, it really is very important to alot of people. They want the music to do the talking, not some padded out CV

Ultimate Freak

Yeah fair play eyeswithaface I think you are bang on with that. :)
    Myspace here

Deceptacon

Quote Originally Posted by eyeswithoutaface
    well it wouldnt be nice if some of the methods i suggest didnt work, ive not suggested anything un-ethical or underhand. Quite the opposite. Be more personal with the labels your trying to get onto, no one likes a faceless demo, seriously, i dont know anyone who has gained a release without knowing someone to kick start things, even the most insignificant thing can set the ball rolling. It's all well and good saying "i dont like the who you know approach" but genuinely, everyone has to know someone to get going, be it a distributor, a label, a fellow producer. No one can do this 100% on their own, no one. Not even the bigger guys. You think the likes of Beyer just woke up with deals one day and selling out clubs left right and centre? no chance, they played their music to people too when they were at our level, and got in touch with people and made affliations and networked a little

there are no right and wrong methods as said, just keep one's feet on the ground as it were and get to know people, remember there is a huge gap between being known on ur local circuit and getting your name known on the international scene, its alot lot harder than people think. Someone in sweden probably isnt going to know, or even care, how many local gigs anyone's done or who supports your music or who you've played with. Definately remember that i say, it really is very important to alot of people. They want the music to do the talking, not some padded out CV
    i agree.. just because i dont like the "who you know" attitude, doesnt mean i havent used it :lol: :lol:

i'll be a whoare with my music as its the only way..

my recent remix on ***** records was a total blag!! it was a bootleg i did of the tune and i just send it to the label owner for the laff.. look what happened :lol: :lol:

he still slags me off over it!!

BOA Lifetime Member

well exactly, you must of got in touch with Calver at one point to sort out the glitch musnt u? thats a case of who you know, it doesnt always mean its a bad thing.

like i say, absolutely no one gets by in this scene without a little help from their friends, and anyone who claims they have really is lying

BOA Lifetime Member

to get releases out there on other labels takes a bit of persistence, just dont give up at the first hurdle, you just got to put your music out there and keep at it!! i think also you need a bit of luck...but obviosly the muisc must be shit hot before anyone will take the chance of releasing unknow artists!! times are tough at the moment and this only makes things more difficult....but just hang in there and be persistent.....dont give up!!
    Be Lucky!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123