Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Junior Freak

Default Is anyone on here in to Joey Beltrams sound at the mo?

Hi people,just a small intro,Im a Dj/promoter from Leeds and im in the proccess of booking my next six months dj's so any comments on this subject will be appreciated :techno:

BOA Lifetime Member

joeys the man. blew me away last time is saw him.
    \"if you don\'t explode a few heads every night, then you\'re not doing your job\" R.Hawtin IDJ 2001

Junior Freak

sure am

acieeeeeeeeeeeeed

always a winner
    Life is "trying things to see if they work"

Finally getting around to updating my site
    http://www.plus27design.co.uk/

Dave knows scooter lyrics

The Demon Beast

Code 6 is dope.
    Wetworks
    Compound, Punish Blue, Mastertraxx

Junior Freak

Im currentlley in the proccess of booking him for october and things are looking good so keep a look out in the events section for more info in the future

Banned

safe

BOA Lifetime Member

not massively into the disco tinged stuff he does really with obvious exceptions like the Player 8 remix, but saw him not too long ago at Voodoo and he played a pretty classic hard set ala "Places" era Beltram, all the classics, alot of energy and some surprisingly tight mixing, a top night indeed

Junior Freak

I was there that night too,i didnt even know he was in the country until a few days before,We got chatting to him on a forum and he invited me and my partner in crime kells to voodoo on his g list, was a wicked night,and to boot we met up with jon nuccle from player which was a bonus........

BOA Lifetime Member

ahhh nice one :) probably bumped into each other in some dazed state haha

wikid, good luck with it mate hope it all goes sweet

Supreme Freak

is he still playing disco crap with the same loops Olav Bosaski nicked 7 or 8 years ago ?

STX01 & Player 8 Remix are the only 2 things ive liked from him since around 96/7.

but i live in Belfast so that makes no odds to you lol

good luck with your events though :)

Ultimate Freak

Tots - where abouts is Joy based now - you still down at Mission?

Dont usually come down as not really a massive fan of old school house etc but if Beltrams playing in Leeds I'll certainly make an appearance for that.
    www.hardlife.org.uk

Anyone who ever said happiness is a ray of sunshine, never danced in the rain

BOA Lifetime Member

took me a while to get into the rising sun ep,but now i think its a really solid album. smashes dancefloors which is the most important thing.

when we saw him at awakenings,he brought an energy to the room like no other dj did that day. cracking out everything from new stuff to old stuff ala 'believer' 'start it up'.

no doubt he'd bore me to tears if i saw him quite often as i believe he does play the same sets quite often but seeing joey is pretty exclusive thesedays which includes anywhere in europe nevermind just the UK.

good luck with this.
    \"if you don\'t explode a few heads every night, then you\'re not doing your job\" R.Hawtin IDJ 2001

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by eyeswithoutaface
    ahhh nice one :) probably bumped into each other in some dazed state haha

wikid, good luck with it mate hope it all goes sweet
    More than likely :lol: do you live in the yorkshire area?

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Dogshit
    took me a while to get into the rising sun ep,but now i think its a really solid album. smashes dancefloors which is the most important thing.

when we saw him at awakenings,he brought an energy to the room like no other dj did that day. cracking out everything from new stuff to old stuff ala 'believer' 'start it up'.

no doubt he'd bore me to tears if i saw him quite often as i believe he does play the same sets quite often but seeing joey is pretty exclusive thesedays which includes anywhere in europe nevermind just the UK.

good luck with this.
    Cheers mate with any luck ill c you there? :techno:

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by kai
    Tots - where abouts is Joy based now - you still down at Mission?

Dont usually come down as not really a massive fan of old school house etc but if Beltrams playing in Leeds I'll certainly make an appearance for that.
    Have we met?mission have given us a brand new venue called mission annex,this has given us a chance to do what we always planned to do and thats introduce new music that we are in to,to joy.i have been a techno dj for over five years so this is a chance for us to book some shit hot djs and play our own music and productions(maybe higher our profile along the way?)from october 7th joy will hold two monthly slots(1st and 3rd sat of the month 1st will be new music and the 3rd will be our old skool house night......

Junior Freak

[quote="module"]is he still playing disco crap with the same loops Olav Bosaski nicked 7 or 8 years ago ?

STX01 & Player 8 Remix are the only 2 things ive liked from him since around 96/7.

but i live in Belfast so that makes no odds to you lol

good luck with your events though :)[/quote)I dont think he would still be in the scene if he was playing the same style as 96/97 :roll: ill bang some of his mixes on in the next few weeks so you can have gander it doesnt matter where you live all comments appreciated :techno:

Supreme Freak

fair do's tots. jus my tupence ;)

but yeah, i was a huge fan of hiJB3 stuff & earlier bits on Tresor, but i really didnt dig his disco vibe..and yes, the 12s i mention are quite old, but they arent the last thing i heard. his double pack (soemthing to with sun ?) didnt grab me at all.. and a few other things i heard didnt buzz me. my point was that those were the only 12s that DID grab me.. and they were bac about then i think.. anything since hasnt done it for me.

but its purely subjective based on taste. in truth, nothing has really grabbed me this last while back.. even the new CounterBalance i found a bit.. dull.

Supreme Freak

but i have recently married and i am gettin to that Grumpy Old Men part of life ;)

i'll get me (very comfortable BHS) coat :(

Junior Freak

To be honest the last tracks i bought of joeys before i re kindled my interest was metro on promo and the jb3 stuff myself, ive only just over the last six months started to take note again,and i like what i hear.plus i actually met the guy a couple of months ago,its a real breath of fresh air to speak to a guy as sound as he was.respect!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast