Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
    Supreme Freak

Default Pete Donaldson - 5 Favourite Sets

Hey Kids.. a bunch of sets from me (Pete Donaldson) from the past 4-5 years..
    some of my personal faves.

i was asked to compile links to some of my sets, so i thought i would bung it up & let
    the rest of the t'interwab inhabitants have a listen :)

hope ya enjoy :)

http://petedonaldson.thelanny.com/PE...FAST-APR02.mp3

this was the live set i performed with BEZERKER from the first ever Perpetual way back in 02.
    possibly my finest live moment, thanks to the talents of B and his SU200 sampler. we didnt
    rehearse or practise, we jus set it up & banged it out :)

http://petedonaldson.thelanny.com/PE...AXIN71MINS.mp3

this set was made for a Red Bull Dj Competition, which i never actually entered, but it did
    cause quite a stir at the time, and my final live QIKMIX was tuned to 60 tracks in 60 minutes.
    there is a tracklist, but ive no idea where it is lol
    100% live with no edits, two 1210s, a cheap Numark mixer and a £50 Zoom fx box.. this rocks :)

http://petedonaldson.thelanny.com/PE...BLIN-OCT03.mp3

recorded live in dublin, this was my only live show to date in the city. two MC303s, the same cheap
    Numark mixer & fx unit, and a £60 Behringer compressor. its cheap, its dirty, its rough, but by god,
    did it thunder along & hammer that place.. big shout to Sunil Sharpe for putting me forward & to Rons
    Mobile Disco for giving me the slot & treating myself & my pals so well & throwing one hell of a stonking
    party :)

http://petedonaldson.thelanny.com/PE...N-11.11.04.mp3

my second dj set for the EC crew, and a great night it was. shouts to giles & simon for letting me batter
    their ppl & treating us in such a hospitable fashion on all our visits down south :)

http://petedonaldson.thelanny.com/PE...SION-MAY06.mp3

so here we are.. after selling up the 1210s & all the hardware, i'm left with a sh*t pc & a cheap USB controller.
    however, with a little love & a lot time, ive came up with this, my current live set. containg over 400 variations
    from around 60 loops (all self created with Reason) this set thunders along & climaxes with 3 of my fave all time
    techno trax mashed up into a final barrage. ive played this out only once, and it destroyed the dancefloor..
    and hopefully someday i'll be able to afford that fabled laptop & travel once more :)

there it is peeps.. a bunch of techno from me.. i'll leave these up for a month or so, then rotate them with some
    of my other fave sets from the past 10 years.. including pa's from JakN & The Full Moon club, and dj sets from
    all over Northern Ireland, and a few studio specials created for websites & promo use.

i hope you enjoy :)

pete donaldson (slavestudios, belfast)

BOA Lifetime Member

Nice one Pete. Will grab some of these tomorrow. That set you did in Bodkins was a belter, it was your first gig here too, brilliant atmosphere in there that night

BOA Lifetime Member

i enjoyed the second mix, will check out another later

Administrator

thanks mate.. 2nd mix is wicked :)

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Sunil
    Nice one Pete. Will grab some of these tomorrow. That set you did in Bodkins was a belter, it was your first gig here too, brilliant atmosphere in there that night

sooo true sunil.. that was such a weekend.. ron treated us so well, the club was hoppin, the house party was hilarious.. such a great weekend :)

such a great set with such sh*t tools too lol jus goes to prove it aint all about the Neve Channel Strips or the Urie compressors lol

The Demon Beast

Gonna peep those tonight Pete.
    Wetworks
    Compound, Punish Blue, Mastertraxx

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by module
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunil

sooo true sunil.. that was such a weekend.. ron treated us so well, the club was hoppin, the house party was hilarious.. such a great weekend :)

such a great set with such sh*t tools too lol jus goes to prove it aint all about the Neve Channel Strips or the Urie compressors lol
    Was that the eviction party thing we were at? Was I there? I can't even remember!

Kind of mixing the after party of Slobodan up with this I think...

Supreme Freak

it wsa a house with some american girl there.. i stashed my kit in her bedroom which was the only locked door in the house.. it was really going off.. everyone was blind wasted, especially bryan bell who was jus churning out random gibberish lol

slobodan night was a corker too.. wonder how the little euro wonder is these days lol

aww man.. there were some great times had indeed.. must try & get ya up to belfast again soon..

BOA Lifetime Member

Ah yes, I remember that now! That was a crazy night...
    Slobodan night was good too, he went straight to his plane that time I think :)
    Yeah, sounds good man. Maybe we need to start giving things a kick up the hole here in general! I presume you're back playing then?

The Demon Beast

The track selection on QIkMix is unbeatable.
    Wetworks

Junior Freak

yes, QikMix great

Supreme Freak

hey peeps.. gonna change these in the next few days, so jus a qik bumpo for anyone who hasnt got & maybe wants a few of these sets...

cheers to all for the positive pms/feedback

will have five more mixes up to replace these within the next few days, including the RESPECT YOUR TEACHERS MIX which a few peeps have been requesting

chairs

The Demon Beast

Anyone who doesn't have QikMix is a douchebag.
    Wetworks