From another topic, I found a question that really matters to me. So I thought it good to start another topic :)

Dustin said: The whole compression and dark loop shit kinda ran itself thin. 'I still love that stuff ', he said, 'but I admit it was getting a little tired. Hard techno is slowly on the rebound but I think it will come back in more of an old school form'

Interesting words....

So I replied:

dustin, you've been spot on with your comments recently. i've felt this alot recently too. i wouldn't say an old school form, cause at the end of the day if we all go old school we're not going forward eh heh, but i would say it's a step back to old school to go forward. i've been listening to alot of minimal recently and trying to apply that to a harder sound but with old school influences. get rid of those blasted loops, distortion, hard house samples and just get down to basics.

OK so help us out here. Whether you're producer or just dancefloor addict. We need everyone's opinions on this. How do we take this forward? Or am i thinking too much??? waaaaaaa :)