Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    the big pork pie

Default Techno addiction...

Ok, serious question, is it possible to be addicted to techno?

I think I am!

I'm always looking for, and always finding shed loads of quality records. I spend about £200 a month on vinyl on old and new stuff.

I can't understand it when people moan about the lack of quality techno out there when there's sooooo much.

To me, techno is timeless. It doesn't ever sound dated, where as other genres can and do sound dated quickly.

I'm always looking for that next killer track, something amazingly fresh and new, or something old that others may have missed. It's more than just a music thing for me.

Is anyone else hopelessly in love with the wonderful sound of techno? Are you addicted? How deep does your love go? :love:

the big pork pie

PS: I don't think this is a cry for help (yet)

Junior Freak

Im not a Dj so I dont spend much money on records BUT...............

I cant function on the way to work with out my walkman keeping me going, sure I get weird looks from all the drones on the bus as I smile & bop my head but I ask myself who's the richer? :lol: ?

Then Im onto the forums the moment I hit the office chatting tunes, talking events and chasing dreams!!!

The weekend lands and all though I felt shit from last weekend until today and I promised myself I wasnt going to do it again this weekend, something tells me I know where im gonna end up.........

Addicted to TECHNO??????

No Not I :lol:

the big pork pie

Quote Originally Posted by Split-Personality
    The weekend lands and all though I felt shit from last weekend until today and I promised myself I wasnt going to do it again this weekend, something tells me I know where im gonna end up...
    ...any chance your heading to the Jam?

I am, I need Mac, Mills, Fink and Fenton to feed me! :lol:

Junior Freak

Im there, cant believe its just over 4 years since I went to my first one down The Q :lol:

Need I say it:-

"DRAIN THE POOL!!!"

We're gonna need room to dance :cheese:

Junior Freak

i think i suffer from the same affliction as you si - it takes all my concentration and will power not to think about techno when i need to do something else :lol:

Supreme Freak

Agreed

Deceptacon

my name is rhythmtech... and im addicted to techno...

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Si the Sigh

I can't understand it when people moan about the lack of quality techno out there when there's sooooo much.
    you just have bad taste thats all. ;)
    "The Taoiseach's plans are a quick fix, not a long term solution" - DJ Sunil Sharpe

the big pork pie

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by massplanck
    Quote Originally Posted by Si the Sigh

you just have bad taste thats all. ;)
    love you :D

the big pork pie

Also, why is it that the people into Dark / Experimental techno are the ones who moan the most and seem to be so negative on this board?

No joke, serious question. :)

BOA Lifetime Member

coz theyre parents did strange things to them when they were puppies

the big pork pie

Ah! :lol:

Ultimate Freak

im more hooked on techno than a crack head on rocks! its hard tho coz i love it so much i find it harder to find good techno...no what i mean?

its like 4 years ago i use to walk out of the record shop with like 20 tunes and love um all... now im lucky to find one worth buying! is it good techno is getting harder to find or is it i just know more and expect a higher standerd?
    JUNE 19TH - TECHNO MANCUNIA ... JULY 10TH JEFF MILLS @SANKEYS ... JULY 18TH MARK EG & FRIENDS (GLENN WILSON) ... JULY 25TH SQUARE FESTIVAL (BILLY NASTY & NEIL LANDSTRUM)

Junior Freak

i think there is something too it - i find at times i'd rather skip a meal to buy a record :lol:

but ... i do think it's a combination of the love for records and the "hunt" itself

Junior Freak

I've bought about 6 records in the last two years - partly for financial reason, partly becasue i very rearely find tunes i like. Plus i've spent most of my time producing and finding my sound. There is plenty of good stuff out there, everyones taste is different, but i still think 95% of techno pressed is rubbish, formulatic and boring.

BOA Lifetime Member

likewise,all i buy 90 percent of the time nowadays are old tunes

Junior Freak

I would love to spend loads of money every week on new records, but I find myself so limited financially that i only really end up buying old records that I love, or new ones that I have heard out in a club recently.

Sometimes I wonder whether it limits you in terms of djing experience as I tend to just play with the same records all the time. really need to make an effort and play tracks on b-sides etc

But i cant stop listening to techno in my car, i occasionly have a bit of The Knife/Thom Yorke/Daft Punk on but most of the times its recent djs sets.

Junior Freak

see i can;t listen to techno in the car. i find i drive like a c*nt!!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast