Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ultimate Freak

yay!!! :)
    21 minutes to know

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by TechMouse
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunil
    He's a bit like Umek in the sense that he can make proper killer shit if he feels like it... but rarely does.
    I can see it now...

Christian / Uros sits down at the workstation.

"Hmmm, what shall I make today. Shall I make a killer track? Nah, better not..."
    ok, lets compare a dodgy Recycled Loops to a good Consumer Recreation or Novamute by Umek, or a bad Intec to a Black Codes by Varela. I think it's pretty obvious that one is made to be accessible and cater to the cheesier end of the market, while the other is made rougher and nastier to melt brains. Both producers know the difference, even if it may not be as clear cut a thought pattern as you're sarcastically suggesting.

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by rhythmtech
    Quote Originally Posted by massplanck
    nice one mark/henry.. show is wikid.. cept for varela.. what happened to him? some of his stuff on primate still blows to this day!
    ;)
    m8 do you actually like any music? :roll:
    The stuff he did on Primate in 1999/2000-ish was wicked at the time.

Supreme Freak

cept for varela.. what happened to him? some of his stuff on primate still blows me away to this day!
    amen to that.. loved his early bongo madness.. loads of breaks & doubles & tripltets. proper driving percussion led techno with sooo much energy.

aint heard a CV thing in long time now.. but i'm gonna get this show & see if his mnml shizzle is as bad as peeps say..

The Demon Beast

All points granted
    but that Beltram remix at the prompt of the show kills everything.
    Wetworks
    Compound, Punish Blue, Mastertraxx

Junior Freak

thanks Mark!!!!!! :clap:

Supreme Freak

checked the show out... the Beltram track is sooo predicatble.. sounds like someone nicked his samples & threw a tune together lol

the CV mix is very very disapointing... i really really dont dig that sound.. that is electro tinged house imo, not mnml styled music.. either way, thought it was poo stix ;)

yo mark, how many whoopy zingy noises did ya make for the ads in that show lol

Junior Freak

Ok... this gets my nerves a little.. Everyone is trashing the Cristian Varela mix..... but its a really f**kin good minimal set. I'm listien at work and am really feeling it.. Its setting a wicked mood here.

Do I want to hear this at 2am.. probally not.. Do I want t hear this in the red lounge with a curled up with a hot chick in the plush seets.... F**k ya.. Time and a place for everything...

Everyone needs to throw their expetation out the window and open their eyes and ears to something new.. Let people evolve if they want to.. That's how techno is going to move foward.

The Demon Beast

Quote Originally Posted by Antinoise
    Ok... this gets my nerves a little.. Everyone is trashing the Cristian Varela mix..... but its a really f**kin good minimal set. I'm listien at work and am really feeling it.. Its setting a wicked mood here.

Do I want to hear this at 2am.. probally not.. Do I want t hear this in the red lounge with a curled up with a hot chick in the plush seets.... F**k ya.. Time and a place for everything...

Everyone needs to throw their expetation out the window and open their eyes and ears to something new.. Let people evolve if they want to.. That's how techno is going to move foward.
    Point taken G.
    Wetworks

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Antinoise

see.. i wouldnt class that CV mix as mnml.. its jus synth/electro flavoured tehno & house.

i think one mans mnml is another mans elctro house. either way, i didnt like it. i aint trashing it, i jus do not like it.

great stuff from mr drummer.

A VOTE FOR DRUMMER IS A VOTE FOR TECHNO :)

seriously, if i had to pick one man to represent techno, it would be this man. met him once & he was a total gent. makes all sorts of outstanding techno & is an excellent dj. aint seen him live, but its now on the 'things to do...' list...

good show mr EG.. first ive checked & i think i'll be thru the rest in reverse order :)

Supreme Freak

farkin great 2hour show!!
    really got my day started on the right track ;)
    LivePA
    That is all...

Administrator

thanks guys!

you know, i had a bit of a break from the show so it was amazing to get back on it.

i really am not going to give this show up. sure we're having probs abroad but i wiill KEEP DOING IT!!!

i just wanna give a massive shout to henry and cristian.

i know that mix from c iis totally not what we expected, but that's techno and i like it! i respect him for trying something new, but i totally see everyone's point of view. not my choice for a sat nigth but goood listening nevertheless!

h, was a legend. i loved doing that interview! and the mix was just brilliant. thank you mate :)

also wanted to ask if anyone has a chance to put their voice into soundforge/wav for the show, please send me via yousendit... info@blackoutaudio.co.uk... i need some nice jingles over the top of ppl just being themselves or adding some humour to the show ;)

anywayz cheers for the d/l's guys hehehe

Junior Freak

Sorry mate, can`t see where Varela is trying something new, just following nowadays trend to make Techno more and more boring. Nevertheless, big respect to him for his older productions and skills.
    And Henry, you rock, keep it banging! True Techno will never die :cheese:

the big pork pie

DTD = Shit hot.
    CV = Not liking.

Over all score, 8/10 :cheese:

acieeeeeeeeeeeeed

great show once again, i enjoyed listening to it all
    Life is "trying things to see if they work"

Finally getting around to updating my site
    http://www.plus27design.co.uk/

Dave knows scooter lyrics

Ultimate Freak

I haven't listened yet, but I can already say I'd rather here CV play some minimal than the tribal stuff he usually plays.

BOA Lifetime Member

Dont see what the problem is with the CV set, sure its not avin it, but very nice all the same
    Techno is a journey, not a race!

http://soundcloud.com/force

The Demon Beast

Best part of the show was how Humble Henry was and how he thanked Mark for doing what he does.
    Wetworks

Prince Of Warthogs

Quote Originally Posted by SummerOfSam
    Best part of the show was how Humble Henry was and how he thanked Mark for doing what he does.
    i had my press department working on my speech for a couple of weeks , i think it works.

now , where did i put the keys for my mercedes? :paranoid:
    love your mum

BOA Newbie

just got broadband and downloaded radio show wicked from start to finish

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast