Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    acieeeeeeeeeeeeed

Quote Originally Posted by davethedrummer
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerOfSam
    Best part of the show was how Humble Henry was and how he thanked Mark for doing what he does.
    i had my press department working on my speech for a couple of weeks , i think it works.

now , where did i put the keys for my mercedes? :paranoid:
    probably right next to the keys for your porsche, or did you leave them on your private jet ?
    Life is "trying things to see if they work"

Finally getting around to updating my site
    http://www.plus27design.co.uk/

Dave knows scooter lyrics

The Demon Beast

back of the maybach next to the water cooler.
    Wetworks
    Compound, Punish Blue, Mastertraxx

Supreme Freak

in fairness, all due respect to CV for doing what HE wants.. i didnt like it, but that dont mean noting.

i didnt dig it, but at least hes moving. i hate producers who stay in the same 'loop' for their entire career. kudos to CV for moving where he wants, and if i had a chance i'd say this..

'i dint like it.. i loved your early worsk. but this i dint like. regardless, fair f*cks to ya mate for going with YOUR flow.. take care geez :O)'

Prince Of Warthogs

ok i haven't actually listened to the show yet
    ( i'm being a single parent this weekend , the wifes in (h)amsterdam )
    but i have to say 1 thing.
    christian varela changed his sound in a major way once already from playing trance to playing techno
    that was a good 10 years ago now and i know this for a fact because the liberators used to go out to north spain and play with christian all the time , in fact thats why he ended up doing 4x4x6 ( i think it was that one ) which was one of his first techno production efforts.
    also, before that he remixed one of my old acid techno tracks "control" on the very first release from the s.u.f. remix label.
    so for him to change style again is inevitable really nothing to be surprised at , especially now when there is such a big movement going on in the techno world , and just like the first time , he'll meet the critics head on.
    but i rec kon , judging from his track record , you'll be getting into what he's playing soon ( and perhaps he'll be tweaking his sound into something more energetic ), and give it a year or so his set here will probably become a much sought after classic set.

i reckon................. ( now i'll go and listen to the set )
    love your mum

The Demon Beast

Give this man a beer.
    Wetworks
    Compound, Punish Blue, Mastertraxx

acieeeeeeeeeeeeed

Quote Originally Posted by SummerOfSam
    Give this man a beer.
    i think he'd love a fosters :cheese:
    Life is "trying things to see if they work"

Finally getting around to updating my site
    http://www.plus27design.co.uk/

Dave knows scooter lyrics

Administrator

well if i know h, any type of beer will do :lol:

Junior Freak

Been waiting for the drummer on BOA radio downloading right away.
    Underground Techno=D.a.v.e The Drummer=The Daddy!!!!!!!

Prince Of Warthogs

ah yes beer .....hang on a sec

oh christ!!

one babycham and it's all over
    love your mum

BOA Lifetime Member

will download this when i get back home from work...
    "Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music."
    -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc

Supreme Freak

The show sounds rather professionally put together...

Good pace, nicely laid out, upbeat commentary and interviews, not much umm-ing n arr-ing going on... polished is the word...

I have heard alot of independent radio stations that are so lazy in there approach to content and presentation- rubbish I say!

I bet it takes up a good chunk of your time...

Still, if ever there was a good platform to work from in regards to bolstering the Techno movement for the future, then this is the top one so far, imo... :)
    Strength in numbers...MySpace
    Music Links

Junior Freak

downoading brovvas :) .. respect to DTD $#!@

cheerz Mark ... keep em comin'

Junior Freak

I liked both sets. CV had a nice grove for a club. He still remains one of the best dj's i've seen. I liked the sound a lot. Henry was spot as per usual. Mark, if you make our show on your trip to Melbourne, you'll see a far more (aussie) laid back style to presenting. Hope to see when you come for earthcore.

Prince Of Warthogs

ok listened to it now
    christians set is great , i love it
    love your mum

Supreme Freak

Excellent show this one Mark & Chrissi.
    Top stuff from Varela an Henry.
    Also some great new tracks played by everyone on the show, nice one!

BOA Newbie

Great show Mark. Having Chrissi on was a nice touch and brought a bit of glamour to the table. Plus she has a great voice and good wit.

Loved the sets. CV was cool far as I'm concerned and DTD tore shit up as expected. I personally appreciate the musical diversity of BOA radio show. I may not dig every track but thanks for the techno cross section.

Peace!

BOA Lifetime Member

the main problem is just a classic love for an artist who in their prime (excuse the pun) was known for a certain sound, and actually did that sound remarkably well for a time, ive just listened to the mix and whilst i did enjoy it, i wouldnt of thought it was Varela unless someone had told me, if you get me. There are ton's of the harder/tribal/"normal" techno artists moving over into the electronic and minimal scene, we'd be here all day if we were to slag them off too.

Too many people not concentrating on their own stuff and worrying about who they can shoot down next, i say good on Varela for doing what he wants to do, ok it maybe following the latest trend to an extent, but has anyone stopped for a minute to think he might actually LIKE the music he is doing and playing now? surely thats half the reason the majority of artists are playing/making the sound they are at present? of course there will be some purely selling out and hoping to make quick cash off the latest sound, but i honestly dont think this is the case here. I was never massively into Varela anyway, i appreciate how superb he is on the decks and some of his older records that i have seriously kill it.

I just find it a shame sometimes more than anything. His productions have gone rapidly downhill for me personally, the last few bits on Intec have been borderline shockingly bad when compared to records from 6, 7 years ago that he was doing. But im sure it's not going to bother him. He made his mark a long time ago and now he probably feels he can do other types of music without it damaging him. It's kinda like Henry's recent dilemma

good show but i'd personally love to hear some fresher artists, feel's to "matey" and in each others pockets if you get me. And when i say fresh talent, i mean good fresh talent not people like Manuel Fuentes or Dj Hal. No offence of course mark, you know me! :)

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by eyeswithoutaface
    good show but i'd personally love to hear some fresher artists, feel's to "matey" and in each others pockets if you get me. And when i say fresh talent, i mean good fresh talent not people like Manuel Fuentes or Dj Hal. No offence of course mark, you know me! :)
    No offence taken at all mate! Just list people you want and I will try to sort it :)

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by eyeswithoutaface

excellent post.

well said eyes. I would have said the same but didnt have the balls. There are a shitload of people even who post on BOA who get overlooked for stuff like this and could put alot of establilshed artists to shame. They actually ARE doing something different but it is inspite of this that they dont get a look in.
    "The Taoiseach's plans are a quick fix, not a long term solution" - DJ Sunil Sharpe

BOA Lifetime Member

well it's something i know alot of people on here feel, just some people fear offending the boss here, some think it'l harm their chances of further affiliation with the Blackout label/show etc etc. Probably a sub-concious thing with alot, certainly the newer up and coming peeps on here, but that's how it is really. It genuinely does feel to me like these are all artists that mark knows personally and it just smacks of doing people favours, il rub your back you rub mine kinda thing. And i mean, who the frig is Dj Hal? i checked his stuff and it was totally dire, plus i'd never heard of him, i mean AT ALL, and it just confuses me when there are people like say Dirty Bass who does some of the most rocking live sets around and people like that get over looked.

ease up on the big names and mates and take some real chances i say, otherwise there's not much point. I mean you can fine dave the drummer, varela, mike humphries, practically all the guests who have been on, set's all over the internet 24/7 to download, so i dont see the point in putting people like that on a radio show, however good as artists they maybe

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast