Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ultimate Freak

Default downloading mp3s

thought it would be worthwhile comparing this question to the warez one...

Deceptacon

pay for all them.. anyone can look at my soulseek folder (dirtytechno).. all i have is sets.. with downloads averaging at €1.25 i cant see any reason to d/l illegally. everyone can afford 1.25 if they dont wanna spend money on vinyl.

BOA Lifetime Member

I used to be harcore against people who illegally download, download , download.

Now my position is this. If the artists\labels cant get it together to have a high quality digital release available alongside the normal one then I'm afraidjust gonna go ahead and SLSK it. I'll pay if its available in the format i want (FLAC or 320kps mp3), if they dont provide it then its their tough shit and their loss. I have spent 300 euros on mp3s over last 4 months.
    "The Taoiseach's plans are a quick fix, not a long term solution" - DJ Sunil Sharpe

Deceptacon

agreed..

every label should in this day and age have their catalogue available in digital format. im lucky that one of my m8s is a complete vinyl junkie so anything i cant download i get off him.. not an ideal solution as the sound is never the quality im after but if its the only way then its the only way..

Supreme Freak

the only music ive d'loaded illegaly is...

Coldplay - X&Y
    NIN - With Teeth
    Lily Allen - that new album which i still havent listened to.. though i hink Smile is a crackin pop tune..

if i was to start d'loading techno, i would be happy to pay 99p a tune, though, given the amount ive already spent on vinyl, i would have no intention of re-purchasing tracks i already have..

p.s if u use iTunes, God will hate you :)

Supreme Freak

heres another..

HOW MANY OF YOU DIGITAL RIGHTEOUS EEJITS BOOTLEGGED ALL YOUR EARLY HEAVY METAL ALBUMS ONTO TDK'S ???

Junior Freak

Just bought my first mp3s from bleep.com, Drexciyas "Grava 4" album+"The journey home" (long sold out on Warp). Handling was pretty straightforward with Paypal at checkout. I own over 3000 vinyl 12" so I am surely not a mp3 advocate but the format works on some occasions.

Supreme Freak

i think it would be very easy for these artists to throw in a jpeg & little biog with info & links.. might feel more like a purchase of an album rather than jus zeros & ones..

BOA Lifetime Member

Another option should have been added to this poll. While I don't generally buy mp3s online right now (don't have much disposable income at the moment) I don't illegally download music either. Rather, I legally download what artists are willing to give to the public.
    A person belonging to one or more Order is just as likely to carry a flag of the counter-establishment as the flag of the establishment, just as long as it is a flag. --P.D.

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by t-dj
    Just bought my first mp3s from bleep.com, Drexciyas "Grava 4" album+"The journey home" (long sold out on Warp). Handling was pretty straightforward with Paypal at checkout. I own over 3000 vinyl 12" so I am surely not a mp3 advocate but the format works on some occasions.
    Ive bought lots off Bleep but I have one major issue. They dont even bother to package jpg/artwork or a text file about the release with your music. Just plain lazy. Especially when you pay 9.99 for an album.

On the other hand I have seen a mp3 release from cockrockdisco with all of the above & abelton asd files (pre-warped for your pleasure) bundled togther. Thats the sort of service I expect.
    "The Taoiseach's plans are a quick fix, not a long term solution" - DJ Sunil Sharpe

Parsnip

Quote Originally Posted by rhythmtech
    pay for all them.. anyone can look at my soulseek folder (dirtytechno).. all i have is sets.. with downloads averaging at €1.25 i cant see any reason to d/l illegally. everyone can afford 1.25 if they dont wanna spend money on vinyl.
    My reason: I spend between £50 and £200 on vinyl each month for DJing purposes, and I'm buggered if I'm paying for bits and pieces I download purely to listen to at home.

acieeeeeeeeeeeeed

i buy them, just been buying some more from djdownloads.

I also find im buying alot more variations in music now too, as i can buy just one tune, rather than spend £5 on a single 12"
    Life is "trying things to see if they work"

Finally getting around to updating my site
    http://www.plus27design.co.uk/

Dave knows scooter lyrics

Parsnip

Side Note: If I had the appropriate equipment to DJ digitally then I would probably switch to digital downloads in a second...

BOA Mod

Quote Originally Posted by TechMouse
    Side Note: If I had the appropriate equipment to DJ digitally then I would probably switch to digital downloads in a second...
    There's the rub.

its not the format its the format playback.

As for illegally downloading

i have done, but ONLY music i owned at one time in my life and paid for. thats my personaly rule. i got all the albums i ever loved back on my harddrive. its an interesting process.

I dont download Techno MP3's as i cant be arsed. i buy CDs and rip them into the quality that i want. i hate mp3's generally anyway.

All hail OGG VORBIS!

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by tocsin
    Another option should have been added to this poll. While I don't generally buy mp3s online right now (don't have much disposable income at the moment) I don't illegally download music either. Rather, I legally download what artists are willing to give to the public.
    yeah good point, i listen to loads of music from net labels. plus i use last.fm a lot so if i want to listen to a wide selection just start it up and see where it takes me.

BOA Lifetime Member

i find the quality of net labels fairly shite to be honest. could someone link me to a few good ones please?

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by rhythmtech
    agreed..

every label should in this day and age have their catalogue available in digital format.
    yeah. its a fuker alright. I have no sympathy for people who complain about downloading yet dont have a 'legal' digital copy available anywhere on the web. its 2006 for god sake.

BOA Lifetime Member

when i said people i meant 'producers/labels'

The Demon Beast

Quote Originally Posted by module
    heres another..

HOW MANY OF YOU DIGITAL RIGHTEOUS EEJITS BOOTLEGGED ALL YOUR EARLY HEAVY METAL ALBUMS ONTO TDK'S ???
    60 or 90 minute tdk's that you had like testament on the same tape with reign in blood on the other side, for those that know reign in blood is like 43 mins the most.
    Wetworks
    Compound, Punish Blue, Mastertraxx

Junior Freak

Actually, Slayer's Reign In Blood was only 29 minutes long. A legendary album, but a rip off considering how short it was.
    ADRENALIN
    www.route66promotions.com
    www.myspace.com/djadrenalin
    BRING THE NOISE//www.Techno.fm
    Sun 12pm - 2pm (5pm - 7pm GMT)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast