Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.

Thread: air liquide

Ultimate Freak

Default air liquide

i only ever bought one record of their's, the liquid air ep (yes on blue vinyl for the geeks ;) ) but i still love it now.

for some reason i never even heard any of their other stuff.
    any recommendations for other stuff as good as this?

Supreme Freak

Neue Frankfurter is the pick of the bunch for me, a bit like one of the tracks on Liquid Air but longer and far more trippy , but there's loads worth getting if your into that mad fecked early 90's German Acid sound, Red And Black is another near essential one.

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by herman
    [ur if your into that mad fecked early 90's German Acid sound.
    i am, thanks :) been listening to liquid air tonight for the first time in ages and loved it. need more...

oh shit.. £20 on discogs

Administrator

air liquide were walker and khan.. i actually went over to cologne to interview them once and got a chance to check their studio.. it was actually a bowling alley!!! i met mike ink and a load others too and was totally blown away... they really had something going on there... one of my fave labels was djungle fever, labworks and force inc also supported this scene too.... some of my fave music ever was made by these guys.. what the hell happened??????

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by MARK EG
    air liquide were walker and khan.. i actually went over to cologne to interview them once and got a chance to check their studio.. it was actually a bowling alley!!! i met mike ink and a load others too and was totally blown away... they really had something going on there... one of my fave labels was djungle fever, labworks and force inc also supported this scene too.... some of my fave music ever was made by these guys.. what the hell happened??????
    not quite - air liquide was walker and cem (jammin unit) - khan's brother.... they made some bloody awesome music... as did jammin unit ( and khan/bizz od) for that matter...

machina
    The Lines - Melbourne, Australia

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by MARKEG View Post
    Isn't Mike Ink Reinhart Voigt's (Head of Kompakt) brother? and Force inc seem to be concentrating on minimal, house and disco.. Khan is still making music, check: http://www.myspace.com/khanoffinland
    it isn't techno though!

Junior Freak

I love Air Liquide, Nephology and The Increased Difficulty Of Concentration are amongst my favourite albums of all time. I really dig Cem's Jammin' Unit stuff too, used to listen to all that stuff before I really got into 'techno' and Dj'ing.
    All extremists should be taken out and shot.

Junior Freak

I have the "red and black ep." Bought as part of a collection. I really don't like it at all. Every once in a while when I'm going through the crate that its in I'll listen to it. Mainly to see if I've grown to like it. I actually listened to it again recently, I still don't like it. Really poor production and the tracks sound very druggy. The early Synewave records (Bang the acid, butterfly skeleton) that came in that collection are far more appealing to me.

Junior Freak

Also if memory serves me correct the singer http://www.discogs.com/artist/Mary+S.+Applegate was rather unusual looking. I seem to remember seeing a picture of her in some scene zine. I can't find a picture of her online to save me though. She looked like a plastic surgery nightmare, fat injected into her lips and everything.