Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
    BOA Lifetime Member

Default So you want Fat drums ???( Article enclosed )

BOA Lifetime Member

New York is soooo cool :D

Supreme Freak

erm this aux send hes talking about cant be done from buses in logic 6, as the buses have no sends. the only option is to route from bus 1 directly to bus 2, but surely that defeats the object, as you want a mix of both buses surely?

BOA Lifetime Member

i rarely follow "instructions" such as these, i mean if your making tracks to a high enough standard you dont need to be told how to get fat drums, people have their own methods, well, they should have anyway

BOA Mod

There's a work around. In logic (if my memory serves me correctly) You can route out of a bus object using the cabling into another audio track.

Supreme Freak

Interesting, mildly. IMO though, get your own sound innit. I like the vibrant shade of yellow they've used though!!

Administrator

yeah it's interesting, but it's one of those techniques you think - oh i'll try that, and never do :lol:

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by MARK EG
    yeah it's interesting, but it's one of those techniques you think - oh i'll try that, and never do :lol:
    quite the opposite mark. tried it, but as i said logic doesnt have sends on the buses, so danny j lewis was clearly talking out his arse

may try it with the suggested routing idea tho, or jsut use ableton ffs

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by eyeswithoutaface
    i rarely follow "instructions" such as these, i mean if your making tracks to a high enough standard you dont need to be told how to get fat drums, people have their own methods, well, they should have anyway
    this was just some food for thought. as an article about sidechaining would be. basics...

there are people new to the game here i reckon, willing to suck up every drop of knowledge they can get..

:)

BOA Lifetime Member

i sense some hints of negativity here. why don't all the moaners (jus kidding ) tell us some nifty technique or sth...

just an idea.

BOA Lifetime Member

no negativity at all. I just dont think i need Danny J Lewis, whoever the hell he is, to tell me how to get fat drums. People have their own ways and little secret tricks, which i think is the best way. Learn your own techniques

unless you want drums like Danny J Lewis of course

BOA Newbie

i actually tried incorporating this into Live, and i've found some use for it. Thanks!

BOA Mod

I just dont think i need Danny J Lewis
    Of course you dont scott. But never the less its another pointer on the road to interesting production for those trying to learn.

:clap: for bringing it to the table.

Remember technique is a dish in itself.

Parsnip

Quote Originally Posted by mattboyslim
    quite the opposite mark. tried it, but as i said logic doesnt have sends on the buses, so danny j lewis was clearly talking out his arse
    Route the bus into an aux and use the send on that.

BOA Lifetime Member

dont get me wrong mate, im going to be learning until the day i die. It's just i find it better learning off friends such as yourself and what not, i find it hard just following instructions like that. My ears do me alot more learning than my eyes :)