Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Administrator

Default How do you percieve the future of techno?

I see it totally governed by the technology. I see the future of techno production as being those that understand every plugin, every piece of software. there was a time that analog outboard rocked but i now see it like if you don't know your shit on technology, you're not going to make good music.

techno IS technology now in my eyes. but hey, that's the way it was meant to be from the word go.... that's techno :)

Ultimate Freak

the future of techno is more threads about the future of techno. :)

Ultimate Freak

amen.
    piss and the vultures will pay... coming soon

Junior Freak

Amen indeed! I want to see the great Jungle Tekno revival! I like how it might be going, I've heard a few breakbeat loops used in techno tracks recently. I hope it keeps going in that direction. I don't care if its happy or dark, the jungle tekno sound must return!!!!

The Demon Beast

The future of techno lies in the techno of the past.
    Wetworks
    Compound, Punish Blue, Mastertraxx

Junior Freak

i see aliens coming to earth and saying "shit this jeff mills dude is weird"
    So. Behind their eyes the hope in them was sickening, and in many, dead. They lived from event to event with a subtle terror of the gap between, filling up their lives with distractions to avoid the emptiness where curiosity should have been, and breathing a gasp of relief when the children passed the point of asking questions about what life was for.

the big pork pie

I see techno becoming sooooo minimal (sorry, mnml) that we will no longer be able to hear it.

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Si the Sigh
    I see techno becoming sooooo minimal (sorry, mnml) that we will no longer be able to hear it.
    :lol:

i think techno in the future will continue to sound thinner and more transparent.... :(

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by SummerOfSam
    The future of techno lies in the techno of the past.
    Any moment in Techno, is always in the future?

I reckon...
    LivePA
    That is all...

the big pork pie

I think the harder stuff will make a comeback as soon as people get bored of stroking themselves to the minimal sounds.

I do kind of think it might go back to its roots. Looking to its past as SOS says.

Supreme Freak

Kick drums, lots of them. Mark: I agree in away, but I think there will a lapse, or back lash if you like, in the use an popularity of softsynths/vst's/etc as people come to there sense's and realise hardware rocks it so much more! But seriously, I think the 'old' methods - drum machine, synth, sampler - we regain dominance, perhaps a synergy of soft and hard. No softsynth ever will sound like a machindrum!

Parsnip

Software will get more mental, and experimental.

Your only limit is your imagination with stuff like Reaktor, Max/MSP and PureData.

The best ideas realised in software will find their way into dedicated boxes with realtime control.

BOA Lifetime Member

i nearly topped myself when i saw this thread.
    "The Taoiseach's plans are a quick fix, not a long term solution" - DJ Sunil Sharpe

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by massplanck
    i nearly topped myself when i saw this thread.
    i do tend to post alot of these don't i?!! lol

i blame the drink

Junior Freak

i think there needs to be some radical new method of making music that can create a totally fresh sound
    Joe Giacomet
    More Punk Than Funk

tel: +44 (0) 7840 289068
    email: info@morepunkthanfunk.com

web: www.giacomet.co.uk
    web: www.morepunkthanfunk.com

BOA Lifetime Member

it's not the method of making music that brings freshness, its those that see beyond the same old same old. Technology has allowed more expression for years now, that's not an issue. Thinking about what is the future of techno will ultimately have a more negative effect than a positive, no one can predict these things, for all we know there maybe a little kid in russia with one drum machine and a basic synth ready to unleash some incredible new, fresh stuff. No one knows. Speculation in a scene is a horrible, horrible thing, let nature take its course. Nothing will make a comeback because nothing has gone away, hard stuff is just as popular as minimal in certain places, and vice versa. Techno doesnt begin and end with one's own personal experience.

Stop thinking and start doing

BOA Lifetime Member

Hopefully the new producers coming along will throw away the rules based on a 20 year old model of boom-tish, and set a precedent for truly open mided technologically based dance music with attitude.

It was also be great for the decrease in sales to give people the courage to stop trying to sound like their heroes.

I think the future of techno is for people to become more isolated, information wise. The internet has sparked too much copycatting as the latest hot release gets mimicked almost straight away, and people follow opinion of places such as this too closely.
    The whole schranze trend, the minimal trend etc, would be better if people heard of the new ideas, but not necessarily had immediate and easy access to the sounds, forcing them to interpret the new idea they have heard about, without too much exposure, and thus making their own sounds based on this.

Pie in the sky ideas though I feel.

People will go on copying and following till techno becomes a hermaphrodite clone, constant copulating with itself.

Cheerful huh?
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.
    Does anyone have courage to stand apart any more?

myspace.com/dirtybassgrooves
    http://www.myspace.com/dirtybassvoidloss
    http://www.subgenius.com

Supreme Freak

I think techno will go right back to raw, slammin 909 action underneath every plugin known to man. the proper techno sound blended with cool new textures. anything else just won't be "techno" anymore if u know what I mean...

Junior Freak

The only reason why people copy other musicians is because they want to be associated with that particular person, and so steal some of their thunder. It boils down to ego. Well some do it for the money I suppose, but that's a small figure in techno land. If people were more down to earth they'd start writing better music - simple as that.

As for the actual sound of techno? I think we're going to see allot more crossover with IDM like what has been happening in the progressive scene of late, and hopefully a little more of that human touch that artists such as Technasia seem to conjure. It'd be good if artists start writing more music for listening and not just clubby stuff as well.

BOA Mod

The only reason why people copy other musicians is because they want to be associated with that particular person

not me chief... i just wanna replicate a sound sometimes because its good production or its funky, then i put my own twist on it...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast