Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
    Supreme Freak

Default Hard Drive Crashes

Why does this keep happening to me

its the second time in two months this has happened

my external hard drive which is a seagate 80gig firewire gives me the error message 'g drive is unreadable and corrupted'

i have no idea why this is happening, i'm running chkdsk now on my c drive and the g,

my music pc is not connected to the internet so i dont think it could be a virus unless something got copied over when i was transfaring data or samples between the two

lucky i can get the data back using a recovery programe but its a pain in the ass cause the files come back in a random order and sorting them takes ages

I want to know whats causing this cause i'm rightly pissed

acieeeeeeeeeeeeed

not sure, don't really know much about firewire, do you have to stop the device before you unplug it ?

also, do you treat the drive carefully ? i.e not banging it around too much etc.
    Life is "trying things to see if they work"

Finally getting around to updating my site
    http://www.plus27design.co.uk/

Dave knows scooter lyrics

Supreme Freak

dan, it has been sitting on my desk for months now and not been moved or unpluged at all in that time and when i do take it out it goes in a little padded box

Keepin' it Unreal

Sounds like a driver issue. Do you have all the latest drivers for your hardware?? Its very rare that a hardrive will currupt itself unless the drive is on its way out, and then it usually starts getting read errors first. Id say its deffinately a software issue.

BOA Lifetime Member

I agree. That happened to me. I went to the manufacturers website and checked for driver updates and lo and behold there one was. I would download and re-install anyways.