Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BOA Newbie

Default technoid drum and bass?

hello all

i just wondering how many of you were into very techno influenced drum and bass? I've been into drum bass for a long lime - but it's the very technoey stuff that is really floating my boat atm. raidens 'offkey' label is leading the way really with artists like propaganda, the sect, prode, lethal + khanage, and his own stuff.

www.myspace.com/offkeyrecordings

www.myspace.com/propagandadnb

www.myspace.com/raidenoffkey

www.myspace.com/prodeaudio

www.myspace.com/thesectdnb

www.myspace.com/ichiradio

also www.offkeymp3.com has a lot of mixes/free mp3s

let me know what you techno heads think - i'm interested!

:)

BOA Lifetime Member

i still listen to dnb here and there, i heard the dnb remix of jeff mills- the bells, i think it was raidens remix?

2 guys i used to like a while back were kemal & rob data, they had a really technoish sound to their dnb, they still around?

BOA Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by audioinjection View Post
    i still listen to dnb here and there, i heard the dnb remix of jeff mills- the bells, i think it was raidens remix?

2 guys i used to like a while back were kemal & rob data, they had a really technoish sound to their dnb, they still around?
    yeah that bells remix is by raiden - it is available for free @ www.offkey.mp3.com

kemal and rob data were amazing - as far as i know kemal moved to a more 'world music' (whatever that means) sound and rob data quit in about 2002. their leave from drum and bass was perhaps connected to clayton (of tov label group infamy) using 'underhand' tactics to secure ownership of their most sucessfull tune - messiah

:)

BOA Newbie

Im doing an ep at the min with raiden should be out early next year on off key ill post a link when its out ...

BOA Lifetime Member

ahh thats a shame, they had some really dope stuff back then

BOA Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by King of the arena View Post
    Im doing an ep at the min with raiden should be out early next year on off key ill post a link when its out ...
    what do you produce under mate?

Junior Freak

Thumbs up

this is the type of stuff that got me into drum and bass back in like 98-99. old renegade hardware stuff like konflict(aka kemal and rob data), usual suspects, etc.
    Dieselboys 6th session mix cd definitely made it official for me. that track biosphere from konflict and stakka and skynet had me spazzin the f#ck out. kemal was the best.

i was buying d&b for a minute but it grew to expensive for me with techno and all being my first love.

nowadays, raiden, propaganda, prode, noisia, panacea are killin it on the technoid front. there was a track from propaganda that straight up jacked ground08 (jamie bissmere). not even trying to hide it at all. sh*t was still pretty dope I can't front.

it's all about current value son. that guy just does that "tearout" sound better than anybody. better than tech itch even, who fathered that style. Limewax as well.... dude is like 18. alot of that stuff gets redundant though, but when it's done right... tastefully, nobody in edm is touching the programming involved in that sound..... period.

i strongly suggest for peeps on this board to check for current value if they havent already....... that guy instills lucifer into my heart on a daily basis. hes got a myspace under that name. "the unspoken" = pure madness

still love the bleepy 2step stuff. keep em comin offkey.
    the opposite of congress must be progress

BOA Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by justin schumacher View Post
    this is the type of stuff that got me into drum and bass back in like 98-99. old renegade hardware stuff like konflict(aka kemal and rob data), usual suspects, etc.
    Dieselboys 6th session mix cd definitely made it official for me. that track biosphere from konflict and stakka and skynet had me spazzin the f#ck out. kemal was the best.

i was buying d&b for a minute but it grew to expensive for me with techno and all being my first love.

nowadays, raiden, propaganda, prode, noisia, panacea are killin it on the technoid front. there was a track from propaganda that straight up jacked ground08 (jamie bissmere). not even trying to hide it at all. sh*t was still pretty dope I can't front.

it's all about current value son. that guy just does that "tearout" sound better than anybody. better than tech itch even, who fathered that style. Limewax as well.... dude is like 18. alot of that stuff gets redundant though, but when it's done right... tastefully, nobody in edm is touching the programming involved in that sound..... period.

i strongly suggest for peeps on this board to check for current value if they havent already....... that guy instills lucifer into my heart on a daily basis. hes got a myspace under that name. "the unspoken" = pure madness

still love the bleepy 2step stuff. keep em comin offkey.
    yeah a lot of good stuff in there - especially that 'biosphere' from the clockwork ep - that rarely leaves my bag. Current value and Max are both killing the tearout sound - lime especially imo - he uses real simple elements and lot's of space and groove in his tracks - when people make 'heavy' tracks they try and put too much in and scuzz stuff up too much, his album should be out soon 'scars on the horizon' standout tunes - 'everything' and 'scars on the horizon' (check out http://www.angeruk.net/therapy-sets/...0-18-2006).mp3 - the first tune is a VIP of everything

BOA Lifetime Member

Proket is ludicrously talented (another rising off key star)

Temper-D is the best dj putting that sound out.

BOA Lifetime Member

photek is pretty tekkie IMO

Junior Freak

raiden, prode and limewax are on a roll atm
    very very techno. and im not talking about the bells rmx
    http://download.yousendit.com/855E93635EEBB08F
    http://download.yousendit.com/68B736204A500D2D

check this out
    So. Behind their eyes the hope in them was sickening, and in many, dead. They lived from event to event with a subtle terror of the gap between, filling up their lives with distractions to avoid the emptiness where curiosity should have been, and breathing a gasp of relief when the children passed the point of asking questions about what life was for.

BOA Newbie

chek phace and misanthrop also

BOA Newbie

definately agree with about temper d - great dj

time for the plug ! we've got raiden and trace playing techno sets and an all star tech drum and bass line up in bristol on the 1st (although it doesn't look like any of you live very close lol)

http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/forum...ad.php?t=42479

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by fiasco View Post
    yeah a lot of good stuff in there - especially that 'biosphere' from the clockwork ep - that rarely leaves my bag. Current value and Max are both killing the tearout sound - lime especially imo - he uses real simple elements and lot's of space and groove in his tracks - when people make 'heavy' tracks they try and put too much in and scuzz stuff up too much, his album should be out soon 'scars on the horizon' standout tunes - 'everything' and 'scars on the horizon' (check out http://www.angeruk.net/therapy-sets/...0-18-2006).mp3 - the first tune is a VIP of everything

I wish the mc would shut the fup!

BOA Lifetime Member

I've been watching this guys sound mature for the last couple of years.
    He's makin some of the sickest stuff around at the mo IMHO

www.myspace.com/dreadlok

he's also playin at lakota, bristol on the 18th nov
    Techno is a journey, not a race!

http://soundcloud.com/force

BOA Lifetime Member

tech itch has always been on top of my list, i love his style

past couple of years ive been listening to noisia as well, those guys kick ass

BOA Lifetime Member

Loads of temper d mixes here

Good to see people pushing the envelope as well - 4 deck mixing in D&B. Class

www.temperd.co.uk
    www.myspace.com/temper_d
    www.offkeymp3.com

BOA Newbie

Thought I'd kick this thread back in and see what people think of it still.

Just out of interest, need some links then I'll post some up

BOA Lifetime Member

I love drum and bass, I prefer the drum and bassy stuff rather thean the techno stuff.
    If it sounds like techno then I might as well listen to techno.
    I prefer evil rawkuss dark drum and bass. It seems to be able to go to darker places than techno for some reason.
    I quite like the epic sounding liquid stuff too.
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.
    Does anyone have courage to stand apart any more?

myspace.com/dirtybassgrooves
    http://www.myspace.com/dirtybassvoidloss
    http://www.subgenius.com

Supreme Freak

Yeah, I really do like the darkness that comes from full on DnB...

I bought "Friday" by Capone on Hard Leaders in 2002 and had no idea that it had been released in 1996!

http://www.discogs.com/release/54044

"Suspect Package" - crackin' album...:rockin:
    Strength in numbers...MySpace
    Music Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast