Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielmarshall View Post
    Why nitpick semantics Sunil. He clarified what he said, and then you bitch on about it. ****, some people..

From what I read in your previous post it wasn't like you were in 100% agreement either. I had my point of view and made it pretty clearly I thought. In hindsight, I acknowledged that I may have zoned in too much on certain bits of what Jay said. It wasn't like my comments have been very warmly received here, Jay didn't like what I said, and you're the second person jumping in to defend him, when it's pretty apparant that he can do that himself already. ****, some people ;)

BOA Newbie

Wow - people mad passionate about there shizzle over here.

Just to say that the production tips thread has been helpful so far - I am experimenting with tuning tracks and the pic showing parts of the track in a frequency diagram has helped me know what basic elements go into a track.

At the mo I am stuck into a rut of using funk breaks and hits - gonna start using drum machines.

BOA Lifetime Member

yup, this is the greatest techno production forum in the world....

haha

Parsnip

Is it wrong if this thread gave me an erection?

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by TechMouse View Post
    Is it wrong if this thread gave me an erection?
    i think loopdon posted a VST that does that.

Administrator

wow guys chill out!!!

god you have to love the passion in music making :cheese:

you know what? i learnt some of my biggest lessons in the first few years i produced copying other ppl's arrangements. i knew f all but i actually remember getting all the sounds in the sequencer just like i heard on a track i loved, then arranging them in exactly the same god damn way. damn the track rocked!!!... but then i thought.. it's not me.... i want to know more...

stage 2....

you see, once you're past the learning stage, you actually want to be innovative and make your own sound. and that's where the fun starts. imho you have to really learn synthesis, you have to really learn mastering... manuals, mags, internet, read read read.. it neardy as hell but you have to learn it there's no other way.. anyway back to the the topic.....

you want some advice? i agree with jay....

either you read up on everything (and i'm talking books and books and books for years and then make a track) or you have fun and make as you go - copy your fave producers if you have to... understand what it is that makes a good techno track.... then you will get to that stage i am talking about - where you want to be original....

anyway heheh

can't wait to hear the results mate.. please post them here :)

BOA Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by MARK EG View Post
    wow guys chill out!!!

god you have to love the passion in music making :cheese:

you know what? i learnt some of my biggest lessons in the first few years i produced copying other ppl's arrangements. i knew f all but i actually remember getting all the sounds in the sequencer just like i heard on a track i loved, then arranging them in exactly the same god damn way. damn the track rocked!!!... but then i thought.. it's not me.... i want to know more...

stage 2....

you see, once you're past the learning stage, you actually want to be innovative and make your own sound. and that's where the fun starts. imho you have to really learn synthesis, you have to really learn mastering... manuals, mags, internet, read read read.. it neardy as hell but you have to learn it there's no other way.. anyway back to the the topic.....

you want some advice? i agree with jay....

either you read up on everything (and i'm talking books and books and books for years and then make a track) or you have fun and make as you go - copy your fave producers if you have to... understand what it is that makes a good techno track.... then you will get to that stage i am talking about - where you want to be original....

anyway heheh

can't wait to hear the results mate.. please post them here :)

Cheers - have made a few tracks that are not really tecno but as soon as I do something I am happy with I will post.

As mentioned above I am not a complete beginner - more new to techno production.

Will post something up when I am happy with it - found a 303 emulator VST last nite so it may be acidy...

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by stjohn View Post
    i think loopdon posted a VST that does that.
    haha

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12