Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Billy Nasty

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Numeric View Post
    Manipulate used to be a techno night, they had Billy Nasty a few years ago i think and have had a few other big names in the past...

the last techno DJ they booked was Funk D'Void a couple of years ago, he played quite a hard set considering...
    yeh manipulate was hard trance, techno and tech touse when it started in holyhead years ago ... then it went to hendre in bangor and had billy nasty on and he banging out a wicked techno set from what i was told... then think they had justin robetrson and funk d void all good techno djs but apart from that over the last few years they have gone for a more house and breaks and electro kinda line ups from what i have seen ... people like beat monkeys and think they had grooverider and people like that... reckon if they have billy on with the line ups they have on latley the will be wanting a more electro based set from him... dunno tho get him back in wales and maybe he will banging out some harder stuff, not really what manipulate are about tho these days tbh.

BOA Lifetime Member

i played the very first manipulate in Llandudno years ago strangely enough, was a funny night for sure. Seem's they've gone all commercial house now, well certainly john dj wise. I remember he used to talk about techno constantly, now its the shades and vest scene hehe. Good lad though

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by eyeswithoutaface View Post
    i played the very first manipulate in Llandudno years ago strangely enough, was a funny night for sure. Seem's they've gone all commercial house now, well certainly john dj wise. I remember he used to talk about techno constantly, now its the shades and vest scene hehe. Good lad though

hehe didnt realize he started it in llandudno ... was it at the old hall? yeh he bloody loved the techno proper funky techno boy.. all house and stuff these days i hear tho

BOA Lifetime Member

err not sure, it was in some like big cheesy ritzi kinda place just behind the main prom as it were, actually not a bad venue but they were clowns who ran the venue

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by eyeswithoutaface View Post
    err not sure, it was in some like big cheesy ritzi kinda place just behind the main prom as it were, actually not a bad venue but they were clowns who ran the venue

broadway, must have been. im sure it started there
    Drugs, dirty dancing and pounding techno music

Ultimate Freak

ha ha ha broadway techno in broadway...fair play!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12