Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by paulcortex View Post
    ..do i write a few tracks that i know will sell....but wont be true to what i enjoy writing,sort of selling out....or do i continue doing what i do and hope that what im doing catches on and starts to sell???
    Nothing is gauranteed to sell these days, so don`t bother trying to sell out, and besides from what I hear of you stuff, it`s perfectly marketable party music.

Stop being a prat, send out some demos, or release it yourself.
    And this is the last time I`m gonna say that.
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.
    Does anyone have courage to stand apart any more?

myspace.com/dirtybassgrooves
    http://www.myspace.com/dirtybassvoidloss
    http://www.subgenius.com

BOA Lifetime Member

yeah man, get it out there, send it out, start a label, do what ever, let people hear and play your music.....your music fvckin rocks man!!
    Be Lucky!

Supreme Freak

In the words of the famous Phones 4U advert....

"Lets hit the road Billy Boy..."

"YEAH... YEAH!!" lol :cheese:
    Strength in numbers...MySpace
    Music Links

Junior Freak

quite suprised you havnt got anything out all ready to be honest paul, i heard stuff by you a couple of years ago worthy of being pressed.
    get some demo's out, not many people make acid music like that id say your be on to a winner.

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by dirty_bass View Post
    Stop being a prat, send out some demos, or release it yourself.
    And this is the last time I`m gonna say that.

lol.....point taken.....cash flow problem at the moment though lol
    hopefully next month should be getting some dollar :)

Quote Originally Posted by fatcollective View Post
    yeah man, get it out there, send it out, start a label, do what ever, let people hear and play your music.....your music fvckin rocks man!!
    ...cheers, much appreciated :)

Quote Originally Posted by ollie303 View Post
    quite suprised you havnt got anything out all ready to be honest paul, i heard stuff by you a couple of years ago worthy of being pressed.
    get some demo's out, not many people make acid music like that id say your be on to a winner.
    ...thanks ollie...guess im never fully satisfied with my stuff lol
    just mastering some of the tracks from my live set at the minute..so will do something with these tracks ;)

...well it looks like ive got my arse kicked into gear lol

...just confirmed with gizelle that were gonna do some trax together very soon...so looks like things are gonna move very quickly now lol

thanks to you all once again :)
    Do what thou will...if you know what i mean?

Junior Freak

Default ....

...as an extra thought...if u know anyone who wants any remix work doing.....giz a shout ;)
    Do what thou will...if you know what i mean?

BOA Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Si the Sigh View Post
    After listening to the Live Techno Bollocks CD's (DAVE the Drummer & DDR) I have decided that acid techno is starting to smell a bit funny (IMO).

The emotion, fu*ked up-ness (if thats a word), and general tranced out lushness is missing from all modern releases.

Ok, so it had to move with the times, but it would seem we're heading down the we must make everything harder & faster, or more hard dance route.

Bring back the spaced out sounds!

Acid techno, alive and kicking, or sat in the corner tripping?

Discuss...
    I think the same thing!

Why do people have to get stupid and mess it all up?

I listen to some of the older vinyl and they sound wicked, but I cannot get them anymore. Then I listen to the newer records and they sound more rubbish.
    www.poundingbeats.com - My website! Every single line of code written by me from scratch.

Hopefully with help and knowledge from you guys I can gear it towards the Acid Techno scene.

BOA Lifetime Member

Oh, I agree with the mutate and evolve to survive thing. Please don't get me wrong. But during a time when sales are low, why not turn to how the sound was in its peak? Like everyone keeps banging on about in thye techno forum with the minimal issue.
    Maybe I'm different in opinion than most, but unless you are absolutely fine with fading into obscurity while you do something so different in an effort to do something new, I just don't understand why artists don't do exactly what you describe above, while varying on it slightly, unless they have lost the plot. I'd love to hear some of that 96 tranced out hard acid sound come back again and it has absolutely nothing to do with any nostalgia or memories from the time. Rather, it was just a sound that grabbed me more than most others I've heard.
    A person belonging to one or more Order is just as likely to carry a flag of the counter-establishment as the flag of the establishment, just as long as it is a flag. --P.D.

the big pork pie

Quote Originally Posted by tocsin View Post
    Maybe I'm different in opinion than most, but unless you are absolutely fine with fading into obscurity while you do something so different in an effort to do something new, I just don't understand why artists don't do exactly what you describe above, while varying on it slightly, unless they have lost the plot. I'd love to hear some of that 96 tranced out hard acid sound come back again and it has absolutely nothing to do with any nostalgia or memories from the time. Rather, it was just a sound that grabbed me more than most others I've heard.

Thank you! Some one else gets where I'm coming from. :)

Also, whats happened to the labels within the SUF Collectives output? They all used to supply a certain sound, ie; acid trance & acid techno (SUF) techno (Cluster for example), and tech house (Yolk for example).

The labels were started to put out a certain type of sound.

Now you've got the same sounds coming out on all the labels, and new producers supplying nothing new, too many clone sounds. The labels are loosing their identity, and IMO the sound of London acid techno is getting lost.

It's time to go back to the roots and save the sound.

If techno going minimal is it's restart of it gaining popularity, then acid techno needs to do the same.

Acid techno needs to get back to basics.

"Back to the basic element...back"

Damn, I need to get into the studio soon...

Maybe I'd stop moaning then! :)
    Last edited by Si the Sigh; 04-04-2007 at 08:11 AM.

the big pork pie

Now you've got the same sounds coming out on all the labels, and new producers supplying nothing new, too many clone sounds. The labels are loosing their identity, and IMO the sound of London acid techno is getting lost.
    Thats not a diss towards the new producers on the scene by the way, but I don't hear anything fresh coming from them.

Deceptacon

Thats not a diss towards the new producers on the scene by the way, but I don't hear anything fresh coming from them.
    to be honest si i think thats mostly to do with the collective having an idea what sound they want themselves.

if you look at new producers when they release on labels not involved with the collective its a differant story. ie android.. his other stuff is totally differant from his powertools/cluster stuff.

from my own side of things, damaged trax is nothing like the collective stuff i hope, i dont mean that as a diss to suf but i want to carve my own sound. but for the stuff i've done for suf i needed to supply them with a perticular style. if i'm asked for a stayupforever tune then theres no real point in giving them funky techno.

but i do see your point on labels like yolk. i think yolk, although still releasing some great tracks, has lost its vision a little BUT on the other hand its chris's label so possibly chris's vision for the label has changed?

the big pork pie

Fair play for wanting to carve your own sound man, thats great, and I really look forward to hearing some of your new stuff. :)

Anyway, back to the crack...

What bothers me as well is bar iDJ magazine who I wrote a letter to ages ago asking them to start sorting out their reviews, and adding more London based acid & techno (for which I got star letter and a free mixer! :) ) is if you look in magazines at the reviews, you won't find them in the techno section anymore.

It's all classed as hard dance.

Pounding Grooves #40 is reviewed alongside the latest tosh from BK, Lisa Pin Up and DJ Battyhouse 5000 in this weeks DJ Mag. Previously, the latest Wah Wah and Hydraulix were also tucked away in the trance reviews section.

Pounding Grooves for fu*ks sake?! How the hell is that hard dance? It's techno through and through.

Acid techno is loosing it's identity, and the hard dance scene is slowly dying out as well.

Go to a free party, most acid techno played is older tracks. Doesn't that tell you something?

Acid needs to get back to it's roots, get simple, get dirty, and get back on track and shake offf the hard dance tag.
    Last edited by Si the Sigh; 04-04-2007 at 12:46 PM.

BOA Lifetime Member

Go to a free party, most acid techno played is older tracks. Doesn't that tell you something?
    That DJ's are freeloading hippies who never buy any records?

That DJ's are too attached to old media and only the original acid cartels can afford to put stuff on vinyl and it's not even slightly comparable with the old skool quality?

That the scene is mired in sentimentality and hasn't grown up?

That munters can't tell the difference over crap soundsystems?

That there's bugger all innovation since "production quality" took priority ensuring everything produced sounds the same?

That DJ's have grown up and no longer have the time to work in new material because of increasing responsibility?

That all the new stuff, in its ambition to break from the herd, has editied out all the best parts just because its old?

Because the acid scene is a cloying claustrophobic bubble seemingly immune to change?

Because DJ's are the only ones remember the old stuff as most of the crowd has moved on to be replaced by children?

Because Acid DJ's are too snobby to play anything classed as hard dance?

Because free parties are full of hippies and they suck?

Deceptacon

totally..

acid trance with techno elements.

not just beats with one rising 303..

tracks to go off on tangents.. for instance: cosmic trigger - firefight

the big pork pie

Quote Originally Posted by rhythmtech View Post
    cosmic trigger - firefight
    Top tune. :)

Always loved that and Urban & Free.

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by AcidTrash View Post

Because free parties are full of hippies and they suck?

Only because you are scared because you might get roughed up by someone and you can't go crying to a bouncer.

Plus, I can think of plenty of free party sound systems that have infinately better equipment than club gear. The only thing that free party systems don't have dangling fluro spikey balls hanging from the ceiling. And those "flames" made out of silk attached to a fan with red light shone at it. And little stalls selling PEP pills. And £4 for a 275ml bottle of your favorite lager because you can't take yer own in. And cloakrooms that make more money than you in one evening than you do in a month. And lovely club propriators sat on leather sofas counting all their cash while laughing at the herds of plebs squeezed up so close that there is no room to dance. And £10+ to get in to see the latest Gateshitter dj. And finishing at 4am. And getting felt up by meatheads at the front door, and paying for that privilege. And being watched constantly to make sure you're not taking drugs unless they were bought from club approved dealers. And shit, soulless surroundings.
    Its all about the ointment......

the big pork pie

:)

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by APC View Post
    Only because you are scared because you might get roughed up by someone and you can't go crying to a bouncer.

Plus, I can think of plenty of free party sound systems that have infinately better equipment than club gear. The only thing that free party systems don't have dangling fluro spikey balls hanging from the ceiling. And those "flames" made out of silk attached to a fan with red light shone at it. And little stalls selling PEP pills. And £4 for a 275ml bottle of your favorite lager because you can't take yer own in. And cloakrooms that make more money than you in one evening than you do in a month. And lovely club propriators sat on leather sofas counting all their cash while laughing at the herds of plebs squeezed up so close that there is no room to dance. And £10+ to get in to see the latest Gateshitter dj. And finishing at 4am. And getting felt up by meatheads at the front door, and paying for that privilege. And being watched constantly to make sure you're not taking drugs unless they were bought from club approved dealers. And shit, soulless surroundings.
    ignore him!!!

Check out some of his other posts and you'll start to get the picture:;
    Techno is a journey, not a race!

http://soundcloud.com/force

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by APC View Post

Move up north if your clubs are that bad..

It is inevitable.

Acid Techno aint dead. FACT.
    Bás Ar An Impireacht

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast