Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    
    *looks at ceiling* Shit,I really don't know!!

Quote Originally Posted by fatcollective View Post
    get ya facts straight .....LSD music is psy trance!!!
    no way dude!!

Acid techno is called acid techno for a reason. I once gave a mate his first trip,he asked why acid techno was called acid techno. So I put some on. He didn't need to ask again.

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by ollie303 View Post
    cant handle acid spins me the **** out...
    mayb we could all seek inspiration by wearing odd fluorescent clothing in the studio!

:D
    as long as fluro wigs are involved

Junior Freak

I think sadly, there is a tendency to move where the bright light is (moths to lights, pigs to shit, moneymakers to money etc).

right now there is just no demand for acid - as with everything else that is going on, there is a tendency to cut up some well known vocal from a pop record or nick a piano riff outta prodigy and clamp it on to some tired schranz loop!!!

I have heard some really nice reworks of old tunes / samples...but sadly UK distribution will never get teh handle on Europe that Europe has on the UK well enough to release prolifically in Europe for UK artists to gain attention...

right now we are suffering in the UK!!! Friends of mine who own techno lables lament and weep when they get told by their distributors to consider releasing vocal house reworks on the flip side...

One problem is the lack of decent squat/benefit/pay parties supporting home grown talent in our scene. I suppose this bears some relevance to some other posters here re the use of drugs - right now, coke is the main currency...and yes, some wannabe posers prefer to get "Changed up" and get dressed and scope each other in "secret parties in a warehouse in Hoxton" (hmmm) ...but how then do you explain the fact that places like Poland ahe having it and it is proper industrial billy all round there?

It's all about our collective tired and defeatist attitude! We need to support each other and perhaps label owners should make more of an effort to invite other artists to remix / contribute etc till we create another critical Mass!!!
    Take me up the analogue....

Junior Freak

I agree with the posts about there being an energy in the early 90s Acid that is totally lost in the productions of today. Why? I think it's because of the fact that back then, everything was new. The sky was the limit with what people could come up with, because it was all so new. So people would just do whatever they felt like, and we would buy it because there was nothing like it at the time. Now, 15+ years on, i think we've hit on everything we possibly can. It's all been done. So now we find that people find their little niche of styles they like, and go with that. There's nothing wrong with that, but at some point, it starts to get boring. It's like everyone works off the same template, and they just switch it up a little bit from person to person. And this is why i rarely buy new records. I find myself searching out the old classics. Woody's Aciiieeed label was a good idea. Binary Bassline is a killer label, Acid Revolt Unit is a good one. Also, i'm not a fan of digital DJing. And with less and less labels pressing up actual vinyl, and everyone jumping on digital download bandwagon, i'm finding less and less records worth buying. As far as MY OWN productions go, Henry was talking about coming up with a concept prior to even turning your gear on. I actually do the opposite. I just switch it all on, and start jamming. Eventually i come up with something i like, work from there. I'm not a classically trained musician. I don't know shit all about keys, or any of that. I do it all by ear. I'm quite simply about rocking out. Plain and simple. I can't read a lick of music. And i don't care. I'm not writing classical music here, it's electronic. I'll leave the proper writing to those who know how to do it. Me, i'll stick to spur of the moment sequencing =o]
    My Space on Myspace

Communique' Records :: Acid Allstars :: Acid Revolt Unit Records :: Feedback Communications
    Acid Jack Records :: Alien Imprint :: Napalm Enema Recordings
    Collective Intelligence ::

the big pork pie

In my opinion, quite simply, the music isn't as good as it used to be.

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Si the Sigh View Post
    In my opinion, quite simply, the music isn't as good as it used to be.

That's the short of it =o]
    My Space on Myspace

Communique' Records :: Acid Allstars :: Acid Revolt Unit Records :: Feedback Communications
    Acid Jack Records :: Alien Imprint :: Napalm Enema Recordings
    Collective Intelligence ::

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456