Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ultimate Freak

yeah Beckham crossing was crap last night but it looked like he was carrying that ankle bigtime. He should of stayed in USA and rested it as we know what he can do.

As for Wright phillips ahead of Beckham that the biggest joke i have ever heard.

BOA Lifetime Member

word is that Maclaren is planning to 'axe' some of the big names including Robinson, Carrick, Rio and Smith!! why the f**k he's chose to pick on Smith is beyond me...

guess he'll be calling them back in a few months time as he did with Becks and James...

Maclaren is a complete t**t, and has no clue whatsoever...
    Numeric

Ultimate Freak

Smith didn't do anything wrong, his touch and passing was good but he didn't get enough of the ball. After the 1st 25 mins Englands passing got longer and longer and Smith is hardly a big target man.

Smith has a similar problem to Carragher in that he is very versatile and his versatility means he never gets settled into one position.

Ultimate Freak

WTF!!! Guy aint got a clue! Can see the case for Robinson, and maybe even for Carrick as his performances for England hven't been same as for Utd, and Hargreaves better partner for Lamps and Gerrard, but Rio???? Thats just nonsence!

As for Smith - he was one of our most effective weapons against Germany for me, though noting in the end came of his little flicks etc, so why drop him now?

All he needs is a goalscorer alongside him and he can fill the rolr Sheringham did for Shearer, or Beardsley did for Linekar (though in a different way) - trouble is forwards like that are alwazys susceptible to criticism over their lack of goals - but if ya have someone alongside who can get on the end of the chances then whats the problem. And if Owen cant do that anymore then surely he's the one who should be dropped.
    www.hardlife.org.uk

Anyone who ever said happiness is a ray of sunshine, never danced in the rain

Ultimate Freak

Think Owen can definately do it if he can get back fit and injury free. He still gets in those positions but he has hardly played in a year. We have a massive problem in England with the lack of striking options and with the amount of Foreigners in the English game we will have problems producing them.

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by french_og View Post
    yeah Beckham crossing was crap last night but it looked like he was carrying that ankle bigtime. He should of stayed in USA and rested it as we know what he can do.

As for Wright phillips ahead of Beckham that the biggest joke i have ever heard.
    We all know you fancy Beckham, just like Neville, but he was shit, whereas SWP had a good game from what I heard and has played really well lately - his crossing has been better than Beckham's, plus he has pace and can go past people - I'd say it was an obvious move to give SWP a chance!

Ultimate Freak

Where did you get Neville from??? Can't stand him. Much prefer Richards at rightback.

Wright Phillips did ok when he came beat a couple of players but hardly set the stadim alight and yeah has done ok for Chelsea this season but has to do a lot more before he should be starting for England.

Beckham showed in the recent qualifiers and game vs Brazil what he all about.

Ultimate Freak

the problem is, you guys try and get football down to a fine science. I thought you played pretty good, and yeh you could have won if you took the chances.

Quality will prevail in the end, and you guys have that.(God did i really say that!):;

Sports Moderator

I see Beckham got himself in abit of a bust up playing for LA Galaxy 30 hours after the england game....

Looks like jet lag was kicking in there...
    insomnia - A dyssomnia characterized by persistent difficulty initiating or maintaining sleep or by persistently nonrestorative sleep.

BOA Lifetime Member

Was that the game that finished 5-4? I caught a bit of that, can't believe he was playing so soon if that was live...

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by french_og View Post
    Where did you get Neville from??? Can't stand him. Much prefer Richards at rightback.

Wright Phillips did ok when he came beat a couple of players but hardly set the stadim alight and yeah has done ok for Chelsea this season but has to do a lot more before he should be starting for England.

Beckham showed in the recent qualifiers and game vs Brazil what he all about.
    I meant Neville fancies him too. At least if SWP plays he won't take all the set pieces even if nothing's coming off for him. Plus his crossing seemed unbelievable against Liverpool, Beckham-esque, from what I saw on MOTD, picked someone out loads of times, plus he went past people and has pace.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12