Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    M.O.D.

Default NFL Picks Week 5

ok, we all sucked last week. so i'm going to post this week's schedule with the betting line before posting picks

Date & Time Favorite Line Underdog Total
    10/7 1:00 ET At New Orleans -3 Carolina 44
    10/7 1:00 ET Jacksonville -2.5 At Kansas City 36
    10/7 1:00 ET At Washington -3.5 Detroit 46.5
    10/7 1:00 ET At Tennessee -8.5 Atlanta 40.5
    10/7 1:00 ET At Houston -5.5 Miami 42.5
    10/7 1:00 ET At Pittsburgh -6 Seattle 39
    10/7 1:00 ET At New England -16 Cleveland 48
    10/7 1:00 ET Arizona -3.5 At St. Louis 41
    10/7 1:00 ET At NY Giants -3.5 NY Jets 41
    10/7 4:05 ET At Indianapolis -10 Tampa Bay 46.5
    10/7 4:15 ET At Denver -1 San Diego 42.5
    10/7 4:15 ET Baltimore -3 At San Francisco 35.5
    10/7 8:15 ET At Green Bay -3 Chicago 41

Monday Night Football Line

10/8 8:30 ET Dallas -10 At Buffalo 44
    The law is not the private property of lawyers, nor is justice the exclusive province of judges and juries. In the final analysis, true justice is not a matter of courts and law books, but of a commitment in each of us to liberty and mutual respect. - Jimmy Carter

M.O.D.

away team first, home team second. predicted winner in caps.

carolina vs NEW ORLEANS
    jacksonville vs KANSAS CITY
    DETROIT vs washington
    atlanta vs TENESSEE
    miami vs HOUSTON
    seattle vs PITTSBURGH
    cleveland vs NEW ENGLAND
    ARIZONA vs st. louis
    NYJETS vs nygiants
    tampa bay vs INDIANAPOLIS
    SAN DIEGO vs denver (keep thinking THIS week they break out...)
    baltimore vs SAN FRANCISCO
    chicago vs GREEN BAY
    DALLAS vs buffalo
    The law is not the private property of lawyers, nor is justice the exclusive province of judges and juries. In the final analysis, true justice is not a matter of courts and law books, but of a commitment in each of us to liberty and mutual respect. - Jimmy Carter

M.O.D.

snooch? herman? sam? overfiend?

Supreme Freak

carolina vs NEW ORLEANS
    jacksonville vs KANSAS CITY
    DETROIT vs washington
    atlanta vs TENESSEE
    miami vs HOUSTON
    seattle vs PITTSBURGH
    cleveland vs NEW ENGLAND
    ARIZONA vs st. louis
    Nyjets vs NYGIANTS
    tampa bay vs INDIANAPOLIS
    SAN DIEGO vs denver (If Norv Turner doesn't give LT 35 carrys against this D he should never be allowed to coach again)
    baltimore vs SAN FRANCISCO
    chicago vs GREEN BAY
    DALLAS vs buffalo

Im slightly worried I have the exact same picks as you barring the NYC game I fear Im losing my touch :)

M.O.D.

you might be :)

but last week was an indication that sometimes, you could pick every favorite and still do worse than 50%. i guess that's what makes the league exciting.

btw totally agree with norv, though i'd say he never should have been allowed to coach THIS time either. he's a decent offensive coordinator but a total, complete hack as a head coach. did you read simmons' article this summer about the signs of norv turner midseason collapse to look out for? i think 2/3 of them have already been reached. marty schottenheimer must feel quite vindicated at the moment. and good thing too. he was treated unbelievably poorly by aj smith and the chargers front office, not to mention the same way in washington when his 8-8 nfl team was replaced by steve spurrier's craptastic college team.

M.O.D.

oh and btw, i picked pittsburgh primarily because seattle sucks it up on the road. but i wouldn't be shocked if the 'hawks won. or if san diego loses AGAIN

Ultimate Freak

i'm battering the tv to get channel 5. If i can get get it, i'll be eyeing up some of those games

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by SlavikSvensk View Post
    snooch? herman? sam? overfiend?
    I'll have my picks tomorrow night. Been having 16-18 hour days between the new job and school. Sleep is precious at this point.
    You burned it, you donkey!

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by herman View Post
    (If Norv Turner doesn't give LT 35 carrys against this D he should never be allowed to coach again)
    Quote of the year. Any team who fires their coach after going 12-4 with a long history of fail and hires a shitty coach like Norv Turner deserves what they get. Choads.

Alright, I guess I have to make my picks now so here goes.

The Steelers over the Seahawks by a slim margin
    Arizona over St. Louis
    New England over Cleveland
    New Orleans over Carolina
    Giants with a massive win over the Jets for the NY bragging rights
    Washington with a slim win over Detroit
    Houston over Miami
    Tennessee over Atlanta (Losing Vick was just too much for this team. This season is a write off.)
    Jacksonville over Kansas City
    Indiana over Tampa Bay (tampa may pull a shocker here and upset the Colts though)
    Baltimore over the Niners
    Green Bay demolishes the Bears (A friend asked me what happened to the Bears this year? I said Grossman happened)
    Dallas owns Buffalo on Monday night in preparation for next week.
    Last edited by snooch; 07-10-2007 at 02:51 AM.

BOA Lifetime Member

SAN DIEGO vs denver (keep thinking THIS week they break out...)
    The breakout won't happen this year with Turner in charge. Like you said great offensive coordinator but a vile head coach. The ownership is bad. They won't let their coach have full reign for more than one season without wanting to take control. Case in point: last season. After rebuilding the team and leading them to their best season in I don't know how many years(over a decade), they freak when Shotenheimer(sp?) wants to run the team his way. He took them to the playoffs and gave LT the record setting season he had last year. It's like the Lions and Barry Sanders all over again. Stunning running back and they twiddle their thumbs over silly powerplays and Yes Man coaches. I would love to see LT go to somewhere where they will use him and use him well like Tennessee. Think of it, Vince Young and LaDanian Tomlinson. Holy Crap. Defenses would tremble.

M.O.D.

he'll never leave SD. and i think turner gets the team to 9-7 or 8-8, just off talent. or maybe 7-9. but not worse, i don't think. they still get to play the raiders twice and the beatable chiefs at home. and norv gets fired. no return of marty though. i bet they try to entice bill cowher out of retirement. but if he's smart, he doesn't take it and comes to michigan instead :)

BOA Lifetime Member

For their sake, I hope they get their collective morale up and knock off Indy or N.E.(sorry) in the playoffs so the NFC has a chance for once.

M.O.D.

well, i wouldn't pencil in anyone yet. what if a key player gets hurt, like jeff saturday of the colts or randy moss, let alone peyton or brady? or what if pittsburgh just goes into indy and beats up on the colts like they did 2 years ago? or dallas ends up playing in green bay in december? or against a stubborn seahawks team that finally gets consistent?

despite the fact that it looks like a pats-boys super bowl, it's just soooo hard to predict the NFL...

BOA Lifetime Member

I'm not betting on the 'Boys in the bowl yet. Their defense is good but not solid enough to be deemed Championship caliber yet. And like you said, there's too many variables to even predict the outcome of the sucktastic NFC.

M.O.D.

this year at least there is more than one decent NFC team.

but also, all of the patriots and cowboys opponents to date are, i think, a combined 7-25. and many people are ready to declare the superbowl...me included when i get swept up in brady-to-moss fever

BOA Lifetime Member

this year at least there is more than one decent NFC team.

but also, all of the patriots and cowboys opponents to date are, i think, a combined 7-25. and many people are ready to declare the superbowl...me included when i get swept up in Romo-to-Owens fever
    fixed :cheese:

Junior Freak

Carolina vs NEW ORLEANS
    JACKSONVILLE vs Kansas City
    Detroit vs WASHINGTON
    Atlanta vs TENNESSEE
    Miami vs HOUSTON
    Seattle vs PITTSBURGH
    Cleveland vs NEW ENGLAND
    ARIZONA vs St. Louis
    New York Jets vs NEW YORK GIANTS
    Tampa Bay vs INDIANAPOLIS
    San Diego vs DENVER
    Baltimore vs SAN FRANCISCO
    Chicago vs GREEN BAY
    DALLAS vs Buffalo

M.O.D.

seattle/pittsburgh is on right now. think they said polumalu is out, which could be huge for seattle, but they tend to suck on the road so we'll see...

BOA Lifetime Member

How about that dude returning kicks for the Jets? May be the clincher dammit...

BOA Lifetime Member

Wow just finished watching the Chicago-Green Bay game. What a scorcher! The Bears came back and won it after the Packers had it seemingly locked up at the half. The Bears defense won the game for them. The Bears running game wasn't too effective and Griese was far from perfect but their conservative possession based game won the day. All I have to say is Tillman won the game for them with two crucial turnovers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast