Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
    M.O.D.

Default NFL Picks Week 7

so i'm 31-26 going into this week

here are

baltimore at BUFFALO
    minnesota at DALLAS
    TAMPA BAY at detroit
    NEW ENGLAND at miami
    atlanta at NEW ORLEANS
    san francisco at NYGIANTS
    arizona at WASHINGTON
    tenessee at HOUSTON (if vince young isn't playing)
    nyjets at CINCINATTI (this one could go either way, both underachievers)
    KANSAS CITY at oakland
    chicago at PHILLY
    st. louis at SEATTLE
    PITTSBURGH at denver

and going out on a limb here...

indianapolis at JACKSONVILLE
    Last edited by SlavikSvensk; 19-10-2007 at 04:03 PM.
    The law is not the private property of lawyers, nor is justice the exclusive province of judges and juries. In the final analysis, true justice is not a matter of courts and law books, but of a commitment in each of us to liberty and mutual respect. - Jimmy Carter

BOA Lifetime Member

dammit, 8-5 last week.

Colts trounce Miami
    the Saints beat Atlanta
    Giants beat Frisco
    Texans beat Titans
    Baltimore beats Bills
    Washington beats Arizona
    Tampa beats Detroit
    I flipped a coin and it says it's a 0-0 tie between Oakland and KC Seriously, KC wins.
    Bengals beat Jets
    Dallas beats Minnesota
    Philly Stomps Chicago
    Seattle beats St. Louis
    Pittsburg beats Denver
    Indy beats Jax in a close one Monday night
    You burned it, you donkey!

M.O.D.

there are a few teams you jst don't know what you're going to get with:

kansas city
    philly
    seattle
    new orleans
    The law is not the private property of lawyers, nor is justice the exclusive province of judges and juries. In the final analysis, true justice is not a matter of courts and law books, but of a commitment in each of us to liberty and mutual respect. - Jimmy Carter

BOA Lifetime Member

a box of f*cking chocolates. I mean Philly loses one week quite meekly then comes back the next week and absolutely slaughters Detroit then loses again the next week. Jekyll and Hyde syndrome. KC? Poor coaching plain and simple. A lack of motivation for a passably talented team. There's no excuse for Larry Johnston not to get 125 yards a game. He's a stud on a poorly led team. Seattle? I have no clue as to what their woes are. Holmgren is a good coach, they have a good defense, a good offense and a good special teams. WTF? Why are they not in the top 5 of the NFC? New Orleans? No clue. Maybe it has something to do with complacency in their stunning performance and turnaround last year and the realization that they have to work as hard at it this year as they did in the past. Plus it might have something to do with the fact that they had an incredibly easy schedule last year and their performance dictated their much harder schedule this year. WHo knows. I'm sure it is a multitude of factors in all these cases.

Supreme Freak

On the road again this week so going to miss the games yet again.

anyway,

Baltimore at Buffalo
    minnesota at DALLAS
    Tampa Bay at Detroit
    NEW ENGLAND at miami
    atlanta at NEW ORLEANS
    san francisco at NYGIANTS
    arizona at WASHINGTON
    tenessee at HOUSTON
    nyjets at CINCINATTI
    Kansas at OAKLAND
    CHICAGO at Philly
    st. louis at SEATTLE
    PITTSBURGH at denver
    indianapolis at JACKSONVILLE (agree on this one Slav I think Indi will struggle against a power running game as decent as there Defence is its small and quick but not great against a power smash mouth game.)

M.O.D.

paul, what are your picks for balt/buffalo and tamp bay/detroit?

as for indy-jacksonville...well, the jags are really good (i'd say as good as pittsburgh), at home and always play well against indy. i think they won this game last year 44-10

Supreme Freak

BALTIMORE - Buffalo
    Tampa - DETROIT

I really have to sort this out thats the third week in a row I have screwed up writing in capitals. :)

Junior Freak

Baltimore at BUFFALO
    Minnesota at DALLAS
    TAMPA BAY at Detroit
    NEW ENGLAND at Miami
    Atlanta at NEW ORLEANS
    San Francisco at NEW YORK GIANTS
    Arizona at WASHINGTON
    Tennessee at HOUSTON
    New York Jets at CINCINATTI
    KANSAS CITY at Oakland
    Chicago at PHILADELPHIA
    St. Louis at SEATTLE
    PITTSBURGH at Denver
    Indianapolis at JACKSONVILLE

M.O.D.

nice win for the bills, sam!

this is my best week so far...9-3 going into the sunday night game

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by SlavikSvensk View Post
    nice win for the bills, sam!

this is my best week so far...9-3 going into the sunday night game
    I'm 9-4 after yesterday's games. think we had exactly the same picks!

Great win for the Bills. We've had loads of close ones so far. Just nice to actually win one for a change. I've got some optimism with Trent Edwards and Marshawn Lynch having good potential.

If we can build towards the end of the season then maybe next year might be the start of our upwards slope...

On another point, New England look unbelievable - I make it that Tom Brady is on course for 61 touchdowns at this rate..

M.O.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Horam View Post
    On another point, New England look unbelievable - I make it that Tom Brady is on course for 61 touchdowns at this rate..
    from 2002-2006, his five full years as a starter (not counting 2001 when he only started 14 games), each year he completed 60-64% of his passes for 3500-4200 yards, 23-28 TDs and 12-14 INTs, passer rating of 85-93.

pretty consistent. but all that time he never had more than decent receivers, and only had a top-notch running game 1 of those years.

this year he;s on course to complete 74% of his passes for 4800 yards, 62 TDs, 5 INTs for a 138 passer rating.

unreal!

BOA Lifetime Member

Tom Brady is an instant, no debate candidate into the Hall Of Fame. They don't come better than that. I've been watching New England games just to watch what astounding feats he and Moss are doing now. Insane in the membrane.

M.O.D.

yeah, i think watching brady and manning now is maybe even better than watching montana and marino back in the 1980s, not because the QBs are more talented, but because they are:

a) more evenly matched in achievements (marino was mr. stats but never won an SB; montana was the super bowl king but didn't break any major records). peyton won his super bowl last year, while tom may break all the single-season records aside from marino's total yards one.

b) it's much, much harder to put together a dominant team now than it was then. as much talent as the pats and colts have, they can't stack the team like the 49ers did. my guess is that the extreme success of manning and brady has almost as much to do with their incredible work ethics as talent.

BOA Lifetime Member

That's one reason why I don't like the free agent system. The lack of the ability to make a dynasty. The only team that has figured this out is the Patriots. There are teams that do consistently well, but none are guaranteed to make it to the second round of the playoffs even if they are having an off year. Except for the Pats.

BTW- 9-5 this past week.
    Last edited by snooch; 23-10-2007 at 05:19 AM.

M.O.D.

i'd add the colts to that. they've made it to the afc championship game each of the past three years, with one sb. that's pretty consistent.

BOA Lifetime Member

True.

M.O.D.

they looked good last night. heard someone on espn say pats-colts right now is like 49ers-cowboys in the 1990s.