Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    M.O.D.

Default NFL Picks Week 8

CLEVELAND vs st. louis
    NYGIANTS vs miami
    philly vs MINNESOTA
    INDIANAPOLIS vs carolina
    detroit vs CHICAGO
    PITTSBURGH vs cincinatti
    oakland vs TENESSEE
    JACKSONVILLE vs tampa bay
    BUFFALO vs nyjets
    houston vs SAN DIEGO
    NEW ORLEANS vs san francisco
    washington vs NEW ENGLAND
    GREEN BAY vs denver
    The law is not the private property of lawyers, nor is justice the exclusive province of judges and juries. In the final analysis, true justice is not a matter of courts and law books, but of a commitment in each of us to liberty and mutual respect. - Jimmy Carter

M.O.D.

get yer picks in fellas!
    The law is not the private property of lawyers, nor is justice the exclusive province of judges and juries. In the final analysis, true justice is not a matter of courts and law books, but of a commitment in each of us to liberty and mutual respect. - Jimmy Carter

BOA Lifetime Member

CLEVELAND vs st. louis
    NEW YORK vs Miami (in London)
    EAGLES vs Vikings
    COLTS vs Carolina
    Detroit vs. CHICAGO
    PITTSBURGH vs. Cincy
    Oakland vs. TITANS
    JETS vs. Bills
    SAN DIEGO vs. Houston
    NEW ORLEANS vs. Frisco
    Washington vs. NEW ENGLAND (lets get real here. Who actually thinks the skins can win this?)
    DENVER vs. Green Bay
    You burned it, you donkey!

Junior Freak

CLEVELAND at St. Louis
    NY GIANTS at Miami
    PHILADELPHIA at Minnesota
    INDIANAPOLIS at Carolina
    Detroit at CHICAGO
    PITTSBURGH vs Cincinnati
    Oakland vs TENNESSEE
    Jacksonville at TAMPA BAY
    BUFFALO at NY Jets
    Houston at SAN DIEGO
    NEW ORLEANS at San Francisco
    Washington at NEW ENGLAND
    Green Bay at DENVER

Supreme Freak

CLEVELAND vs st. louis
    NYGIANTS vs miami
    philly vs MINNESOTA
    INDIANAPOLIS vs carolina
    detroit vs CHICAGO
    PITTSBURGH vs cincinatti
    oakland vs TENESSEE
    JACKSONVILLE vs tampa bay
    buffalo vs NYJETS
    houston vs SAN DIEGO
    NEW ORLEANS vs san francisco
    washington vs NEW ENGLAND
    greeen bay vs DENVER

BOA Lifetime Member

I forgot to add JACKSONVILLE vs Tampa Bay. In before the first game started.

M.O.D.

i see i'm the only one who thinks green bay will win at denver. fair play, probably a bad pick on my part. but seemed worth the risk

BOA Lifetime Member

You could be right, but Denver seems to have less problems than Green Bay does at the moment. Injuries too.

M.O.D.

jeeesus, what's up with carolina and indy? carolina up 7-0 and has the ball in indy territory already

Junior Freak

10 - 2 for me going into tonight's game.

Although I think most people did very well this week - not many shocks.

The New England - Washington game was a bit of a joke. Washington might as well have not turned up. Don't think Joe Gibbs has ever been so embarassed by his team...

Supreme Freak

The Patriots are on pace to smash just about every offensive record going at the moment I mean Washington's defence was ranked 5th going into last night and the spread was 16 and they covered by 29 thats just unheard of. The way they are running up scores against everyone leads me to believe they are going to try and go 16-0 as well. A very special team indeed Im just a bit sick my guys play in the AFC as well :)

BOA Lifetime Member

The average win margin has been 28. That's insane. They beat people by an average of 4 touchdowns. Next week they play Indianapolis. I just requested off work to be able to see that one.

10-2 going into monday night. The Bills and Detroit tripped me up.
    Last edited by snooch; 29-10-2007 at 03:47 PM.

BOA Lifetime Member

You know what I just figured out? Detroit is 5-2. WTF? How'd they sneak a good record into the mix? So is Tennessee. And Vince Young isn't performing up to his hype. It's due to solid play on the rest of his team. And Stephen Jackson from St. Louis is a waste of his salary. Worst rushing game in the NFL. That can't be all due to a porous offensive line.

M.O.D.

Quote Originally Posted by herman View Post
    The Patriots are on pace to smash just about every offensive record going at the moment I mean Washington's defence was ranked 5th going into last night and the spread was 16 and they covered by 29 thats just unheard of. The way they are running up scores against everyone leads me to believe they are going to try and go 16-0 as well. A very special team indeed Im just a bit sick my guys play in the AFC as well :)
    oh they are DEFINITELY going to try to go 16-0, provided they beat indianapolis. if they lose, they will just try to win out in order to have the AFC championship played in Foxboro :)

this article says it all

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...ohn&id=3084539

That's exactly what the Patriots are doing. They are executing everyone. Next stop is Indianapolis.

Hide the kids.

Ultimate Freak

My initial reaction to the Pats running up scores was disgust. I'm a big college football guy and in college ball that sht just doesn't fly at all. But the more I think about it, the more I'm delighted by how pissed off Belichick got by losing a first rounder and this is basically his revenge on the entire NFL. Good stuff.

Just a bummer that my Giants have to play them at the end of the year, and the way this is going, home field clinched or not, the Pats are walking on to the field to destroy. Scary team.

M.O.D.

Quote Originally Posted by drift9 View Post
    My initial reaction to the Pats running up scores was disgust. I'm a big college football guy and in college ball that sht just doesn't fly at all. But the more I think about it, the more I'm delighted by how pissed off Belichick got by losing a first rounder and this is basically his revenge on the entire NFL. Good stuff.

Just a bummer that my Giants have to play them at the end of the year, and the way this is going, home field clinched or not, the Pats are walking on to the field to destroy. Scary team.
    i went through the same process.

pats are my team. i'm used to being the underdog. now we're the yankees, 1990s cowboys and 1980s 49ers rolled into one. and i love it!

belichick is basically darth vader. how long until they start playing the empire strikes back music as he puts the hood up?

(and drift...i disagree about college ball. running up the score is common in college http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Running_up_the_score)

M.O.D.

10-2 also btw

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by SlavikSvensk View Post
    :
    (and drift...i disagree about college ball. running up the score is common in college http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Running_up_the_score)
    i didn't say uncommon. my meaning was that it was looked down upon more sternly (doesn't fly). as these are students, not paid atheletes, why risk injuring one student to humiliate another student? look no further than rutgers and their disgusting display against navy for this.

M.O.D.

running up the score is not very sporting, agreed.

but it can be very funny. as much as i hate OSU and woody hayes, and us being the punching bag in question, that quote about why he went for 2 when up by more than 30 was hilarious: "because i couldn't go for 3."

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by SlavikSvensk View Post
    running up the score is not very sporting, agreed.

but it can be very funny. as much as i hate OSU and woody hayes, and us being the punching bag in question, that quote about why he went for 2 when up by more than 30 was hilarious: "because i couldn't go for 3."
    LOL! guy was a classic.

another favorite of mine is the opposite of running up the score. daring the other team to score instead. happened in the OSU vs. Michigan game in the early 1900s. Michigan was up something 30 to zip in the first half. Beginning of the second half they proceeded to punt the ball on every first down.
    That's a big old middle finger to the opposing team's offense. OSU didn't score in the second half. too bad the balance of power seems to have shifted mightily in the other direction since then....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast