Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior Freak

Default SPLIT - "THE NEXT LEVEL" - @ TURNMILLS

SPLIT “THE NEXT LEVEL” LAUNCH PARTY!!
    SATURDAY 7TH FEBRUARY 2004

Turnmills. 63B Clerkenwell Road, London. EC1
    Capacity: 1000. Info: 020 7250 3409. Tube: Farringdon. 10pm - 7am
    £12 in Advance // £15 on the Door
    Tickets: www.ticketweb.co.uk. Web: www.turnmills.co.uk

Room 1:
    Derrick May (3 hour set)
    Surgeon
    Oliver Ho (Live)
    Ben Sims
    Chris Finke

Room 2
    Chicken Lips
    A Guy Called Gerald
    Mark Broom & Paul Mac
    Aidy West
    Tony Anderson

Turnmills goes Techno on Saturday 7th February 2004 with the launch of Split – one of our most exciting nights yet. Split is the partnership between Retro_Vert and Flux, and having showcased their own parties in London for a while, they’re now taking the night to the next level with this exclusive new Turnmills residency.
    The legendary Derrick May will play his first solo London gig in 18 months to launch this very special event. Together with contemporaries like Juan Atkins, Kevin Saunderson, Carl Craig and Jeff Mills, May galvanized a worldwide generation of minds that listened and learned the secret of Techno. His Transmat label has been a genre leader for many years, he's just signed a deal to host the DEMF (Detroit Electronic Music Festival) for the next 5 years and he joins hosts Ben Sims (Retro_Vert) and Chris Finke (Flux).

Surgeon (at the moment preparing new 'British Murder Boys' and 'Surgeon" material), and Oliver Ho (playing live) complete the main room billing having rocked Split events in recent times, whilst the backroom welcomes top headliners Chicken Lips and A Guy Called Gerald alongside Split residents Mark Broom, Paul Mac, Aidy West and Tony Anderson.

The SPLIT parties also boast a tight VJ line up on rotation, with headliner residents such as Exceeda, Usagi (Organix), D-Fuse, SanFrandisco, Kameiflage (Dubstrakt), Marija, Ryu, and new comer Circuit_c, as well as slides created by Samuel, giving the parties a true audiovisual vibe. In addition to live projections, Exceeda's [4x4] film screening night will host the cinema room and will provide seated entertainment of this year's best [4x4] short films, animations, music videos and experimental pieces.

Expect Techno, House, acid house and electro featuring some the world’s biggest DJs and the UK’s freshest spinners throughout 2004 at this brand new Saturday night event.

Junior Freak

as i said before, looks ****ing amazing!!!

£5 return (or there about) on the coach from liverpool london is, i think i may well be making more trips down. The last two trips to another club were pretty shit, i cant see this being somehow!!!

BOA Newbie

the only problem is that it is at Turnmills, .....:(

Junior Freak

What's the deal with Turnmills?

I've never been but hear generally only bad things about the place.

Junior Freak

Before this kicks off into a venue bash, the reason we have chosen Turnmills for our 2004 residency is the it is a well known and highly professionally run venue with a superb sound system and light show. Its located in central London and is easy to get to for everybody.

What we are trying to do with these parties is to bring in more people to the scene and turn them onto good music and Turnmills is perfect for this. OK, they have more commercial nights in the venue, but please remember at the same time just about every available venue in London tends to be out of the way with poor facilities and generally carries a bad repuation with it for one reason or another, (ie thuggish and over zealous door staff, sub standard sound system and amenities etc etc). Wherever you go there will always be people who like the venue and those who dont which is like anything.

"The next level" we refer to is partly about just making sure that the paying customers that come thru the door are given value for money all round and Turnmills is perfect for this. They are giving us an amazing amount of support and hopefully the hard work we are putting into the nights will pay off all round and they will kick off!! Its taken a long time for us to put this together and everything from the venue and lineup to the promotion has been carefully thought about.

So please dont knock it untill you have tried it ;)

Thanks, and comments welcome!

Chris F - SPLIT

BOA Lifetime Member

often the venue bashing comes from people who havent even been to the venue itself, which is pointless really! ive never been to turnmills myself but its reputation does exceed itself and all the people i know who have played/ran nights there have only good things to say about it

this will be a monster night, no doubt about it! that lineup is the freshest and down right superb that ive seen in the uk for a long time. seriously impressive

hope it goes well Chris

Scott

BOA Lifetime Member

yep good luck,this is 1 excellent line-up so hopefully sum of the turnmills regulars will come along an like what they hear an b converted!!

BOA Lifetime Member
    Birkenhead, shithole but it's my shithole.

never been to turnmills but i have been told it's a good venue with a nice sound system...hopefully get down to split soon.
    lol the trance has gone

Junior Freak

Anyone know if we can take Digital Cameras into Turnmills, or are they gonna take them off you at the door??

BOA Lifetime Member

I saw this event & thought nice one, a techno event in London, but gutted I cant go as my fella is playing out that night!!

turnmills is a cool club & as for digi cameras email the event/promoter & se if you can obtain a camera pass hon!! ;)

BOA Lifetime Member

im from birmingham and down here its seen as one of the best clubs?

the last split venue was the best club ive ever been to. if turnmills is on par or exceeds it then ill be on for a birdie, eagle, albatross buker opportunity:)
    GREYGROUND

Junior Freak

yeah you can take Cameras in, and that comes direct from split themselves!!!

cannae wait, all sorted now, just 3 weeks left!!

:clap:

Junior Freak

I will certainly be there to experience it for myself

BOA Newbie

I for one am looking forward to trying Turnmills for a change.

Junior Freak

Not been to turmills for a few years....wasn't that into it when I went but probably due to the night itself. Looking forward to this one though, will be a MUCH needed night out after a thorughly dull January..... If it's a good night, good music and a good crowd then that's what it's all about!

Junior Freak

and Surgeon kicked ass at the last split night.

BOA Lifetime Member

Ne one up for a board meet up? if anyone knows the layout of turnmills, maybe a spoy on the dance floor where people could linger around at a certain time or something?
    GREYGROUND

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by ampassasinbirmingham
    Ne one up for a board meet up? if anyone knows the layout of turnmills, maybe a spoy on the dance floor where people could linger around at a certain time or something?
    Not 100% yet as to whether I can attend but if so I'm always up for some dancefloor 'lingering'! :)

Junior Freak

we would be up for meeting anyone, no idea where anything is though, but we are getting to london at 8pm @ Victoria so can meet you before if anyone wants

Junior Freak

All i remember is turnmills is on about 3 floors, main room being the bottom floor....that was a while back though!, I can remember it in my head but not too hot at explaining it! sorry.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast