Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
    Junior Freak

Default Making Good Rever Tails

ANY1 HAVE ANY RECOMMENDATIONS.. esp with fruity studio 7...any good reverbs to use..? etc..a good way to stretch the kick perhaps ? so it goes right into the next kick..thanks

Junior Freak

I've heard of a logic plugin which lets you draw the envelope of the reverb tail (anything in VST land like this?), but in theory that's nothing a pot for decay won't simulate.

If your ears have fallen off or your monitoring isn't up to it, maybe use a spectrogram to look at the length of your tail in relation to surrounding sounds...see if it's causing mix problems by overlapping other sounds too much, and adjust accordingly.

BOA Mod

Im not sure what you mean but a little bit of maths always works wonders in a situation where you want an exact length for something like decay.

ms per qtr bar= 60000/Tempo

take this figure, subtract the length of your kick drum (use sound forge to measure it) and thats how long your reverb tails want to be.

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by rounser View Post
    I've heard of a logic plugin which lets you draw the envelope of the reverb tail (anything in VST land like this?), but in theory that's nothing a pot for decay won't simulate.

If your ears have fallen off or your monitoring isn't up to it, maybe use a spectrogram to look at the length of your tail in relation to surrounding sounds...see if it's causing mix problems by overlapping other sounds too much, and adjust accordingly.
    I use Kontakt for all of my percussion - you can easily apply an adhsr (or one of several other types of envelope) to the return signal of any send effect, 'verb included

Obvious limitation that it is limited to the Kontakt effects - but it's ideal for percussion.
    Myspace here

BOA Lifetime Member

wizoo reverb u have loads of control of the tail...
    u can set it to infinite if u want!!

BOA Lifetime Member

I am using this tool for calculations bpm > ms, ms > bpm, etc..

http://www.dontcrack.com/freeware/do...tware/WizCalc/
    "Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music."
    -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc

Junior Freak

yes i just got wizzo reverb from a friend but its makin my cpu stutter..i have 2 gigs of ram ..no idea why that is happening..

Junior Freak

should my kick with its reverb/tail flow nicely into the next kick..

BOA Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by tracatak View Post
    should my kick with its reverb/tail flow nicely into the next kick..
    if you like, it's an artistic decision. i prefer shorter reverb tails for more dynamics. ever make your own kicks drums? then you can set the adsr envelope anyway you desire.

Junior Freak

well i got wizoo to work now..i love it..but i think if i make a kick and make the wet dry so all u hear is the verbd part of the tail with alittle pre delay..shoud adding a punchy kick and sidechaining them work well u think?