Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.

Thread: smitten is dead

BOA Newbie

Exclamation smitten is dead

anybody know when the next release is cummin out? or what it is? i heard 1 of them was going to be the gift, but not heard anything since.

Banned

smitten is dead is dead?

BOA Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Aratron View Post
    smitten is dead is dead?
    still 2 more releases to come out on it yet

Junior Freak

well the gift remix was supposed to be released in may but maybe it has been shelved......

also ap posed a remix of 'find me a priest'.... whether it is getting released or not i dont know......... maybe he can share some light on it....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by warehouse_classic View Post
    still 2 more releases to come out on it yet
    should never have been started in the first place.

BOA Newbie

should never have been started in the first place.
    why

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by warehouse_classic View Post
    why
    the tunes that were classic - didnt need improving on imo

like The Gift

Banned

i think its a bit crap when you have to remix older tunes rahter than releasing new ones. Like when a band releases their greatest hits album you know its over for them musically.

Junior Freak

I Agree ,with You Aratron
    Some Things Just Should Be Left Alone.....

the big pork pie

Smitten Is Dead is an awful label. And for once I agree with the reasons Aratron gave!

BOA Newbie

i disagree. obv the gift is the tits, but i wouldnt mind hearing another version if oen came out.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Si the Sigh View Post
    Smitten Is Dead is an awful label. And for once I agree with the reasons Aratron gave!
    you always agree secretly with me.

Junior Freak

well i disagree ..........

smitten is dead is a nice label concept.......

i also bought some nice remixes..... 'blackfrog creek' and 'shut up' , 'destruction' for example.....

as for stating that it would only be 10 releases though was not a good idea ....... i reckon it should be left open as a 'see how things are' situation.......

for example nobody knows what the trends and tastes and artists are going to be like in 5 years time and why should the option not be there for these guys in the future to do a remix of a smitten tune.......

as for:

i think its a bit crap when you have to remix older tunes rahter than releasing new ones. Like when a band releases their greatest hits album you know its over for them musically.
    again i disagree......... if you look at the artists who are releasing on smtrip they are all still putting out plenty of tunes on their own imprints.....

when ap posted a sample of his smtrip then you said "well great stuff - looking forward to this little baby"....... does this not contradict what you have said in this post.........

in all fairness i myself have been dissappointed with some of the remixes which came out on the smtrip label but i have enjoyed some of them and still there are two releases to go so it could finish off well.......

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by conor256 View Post
    well i disagree ..........

smitten is dead is a nice label concept.......

i also bought some nice remixes..... 'blackfrog creek' and 'shut up' , 'destruction' for example.....

as for stating that it would only be 10 releases though was not a good idea ....... i reckon it should be left open as a 'see how things are' situation.......

for example nobody knows what the trends and tastes and artists are going to be like in 5 years time and why should the option not be there for these guys in the future to do a remix of a smitten tune.......

as for:

again i disagree......... if you look at the artists who are releasing on smtrip they are all still putting out plenty of tunes on their own imprints.....

when ap posted a sample of his smtrip then you said "well great stuff - looking forward to this little baby"....... does this not contradict what you have said in this post.........

in all fairness i myself have been dissappointed with some of the remixes which came out on the smtrip label but i have enjoyed some of them and still there are two releases to go so it could finish off well.......
    by and large i think the label is a bit lame.

im up for AP releases sure. im not so sure the original of destruction or blackfrog creek was improved. seemed like a cynical money spinner by Chris Lib to me.

BOA Newbie

Talking

by and large i think the label is a bit lame.

im up for AP releases sure. im not so sure the original of destruction or blackfrog creek was improved. seemed like a cynical money spinner by Chris Lib to me.
    ra ra ra 'improved' what a load of rubbish its not like the original has been taken away is it? if u dnt liek it dnt buy it.