Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
    BOA Lifetime Member

Default FA Cup 5th Round Draw

Bristol Rovers v Southampton
    Cardiff v Wolves
    Sheff Utd v Middlesbrough
    Liverpool v Barnsley
    Manchester United v Arsenal
    Preston v Portsmouth
    Coventry v West Brom
    Chelsea v Huddersfield

United against Arsenal at Old Trafford :)
    Numeric

BOA Lifetime Member

should be tasty!!!

BOA Lifetime Member

The fact that it's at Old Trafford could work to our advantage, since it'll mean United should be more open to the counter attack than us.

None of the other ties look that interesting though. When will this be then? I hope it won't be too close to the Champions League games against Milan... we're certainly getting some spicy draws this season. Hopefully there'll be plenty more to come in both competitions!

Sports Moderator

Well that's some draw..

Not what i really wanted though, will be some match though..

Chelsea get it easy, pricks!!
    insomnia - A dyssomnia characterized by persistent difficulty initiating or maintaining sleep or by persistently nonrestorative sleep.

Ultimate Freak

well, only a maximum of two of the big three in the QFs.

this year could be the best chance one of the smaller teams, such as liverpool, has of winning the trophy for a while to come.

BOA Lifetime Member

anyone at home is perfect to utd and arsenal is the pefect draw !! and what i wanted :)

BOA Lifetime Member

Careful what you wish for Nick lad! We beat you last time at OT in the league and I think we beat you last time at OT in the FA cup too.

BOA Lifetime Member

the last time we lost to Arsenal at Old Trafford in the FA Cup was when Beckham got the boot wasn't it :lol:

to be fair United were by far the better team that day, as they were in the FA Cup final a few years back too...

it'll be a good game but i'm confident United will progress :)
    Numeric

BOA Lifetime Member

If United were so good how come you lost 2-0 - at home? I seem to remember the papers going on about that game as evidence of a power shift, if anything Arsenal were by far the better team! United were the better team in the final, granted, but only because Henry was missing and you still couldn't score or win on penalties.

So all the omens are good for Arsenal, since we won our last game against United in the FA cup as well as the last FA cup and league game at OT!

BOA Lifetime Member

perhaps you'd like to look at the most recent encounter at the Emirates, a game in which Arsenal never looked in danger of winning, and were very lucky to scrape a point right at the death...

United will be fine at Old Trafford against Arsenal
    Numeric

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    If United were so good how come you lost 2-0 - at home? I seem to remember the papers going on about that game as evidence of a power shift, if anything Arsenal were by far the better team!
    Arsenal got two lucky goals, at 0-0 Giggs missed an open net, if he'd have scored then the game would have been completely different, Arsenal were never the better side, and, there was no power shift was there? not that season at least, United went to Highbury a few couple of months later and bossed Arsenal, another game in which your team were lucky to scrape a point
    Numeric

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    If United were so good how come you lost 2-0 - at home? I seem to remember the papers going on about that game as evidence of a power shift, if anything Arsenal were by far the better team! United were the better team in the final, granted, but only because Henry was missing and you still couldn't score or win on penalties.

So all the omens are good for Arsenal, since we won our last game against United in the FA cup as well as the last FA cup and league game at OT!
    really?
    the london based media waxing lyrical about "the best team in the history of the league ever®"?
    now there's a surprise.

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Numeric View Post
    perhaps you'd like to look at the most recent encounter at the Emirates, a game in which Arsenal never looked in danger of winning, and were very lucky to scrape a point right at the death...

United will be fine at Old Trafford against Arsenal
    Well, all I'll say is you're going to look rather stupid if Arsenal do win!