Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior Freak

Default Warp drop Jimmy Edgar's new album

I read this from a bulletin Jimmy Edgar posted up on myspace

During the last 2 years Jimmy Edgar has been hard at work on new music.

Jimmy has completed various new releases & new side projects, one of which was his album for delivery to Warp Records.

It has come to the decision of Warp Records that they will not be releasing Jimmy Edgar's album as it is. Unfortunately, Steve Beckitt rejected the album. With little respect, Warp Records offered absolutely no creative critism or interest in artistic development. In other words, Warp completely dropped the ball on Jimmy Edgar.

From our perspective (Jimmy Edgar, his manager and other affiliates), we see this as the end of Warp Records. We also agree that Warp Records is no longer interested in taking a chance with new, fresh, innovative electronic music... unless of course its their roster which have been around for longer (Autechre, Squarepusher, Aphex Twin.) Basically we feel that Warp is terrified to try something new and work hard to develop new fans. Its probably safe to say these classic Warp artists are not developing many new fans, which is not the case with Jimmy Edgar.

We all know the music industry is continuing to shatter for many reasons. Its nearly impossible to make money on record sales and we all know this.

With that said, Jimmy Edgar's new material is next level music, ahead of it's time. The great thing about working with Warp was that they were so behind this sort of thing. With the death of Rob Mitchell, everyone saw a huge change in Warp Records. It is mostly agreed that Rob was the heart of Warp's innovative spirit.

Whatever the case, this is a sign of times once again. Jimmy Edgar has no interest in working with Warp Records and their disrespective antics. Though, we would like to thank Tom, Phil, James, Mary, and a few others in the office who showed support.

"This was inevitable with respect to the industry, a diminishing industry that is continuing to lack artistic support. Working with Warp was mostly a joy, but there was another side to it as well. I'm looking to collaborate with an affiliation that can see more 'eye to eye' with me. I am continuing with everything, to further my work as a multimedia artist. Warp is not equipped to handle me, nor are they willing to take a chance with fresh and innovative ideas anymore... It's time to move on and this will be the best decision that has happened this year..."

Jimmy is currently working hard on the next album and working closely with new management to solidify this release with new and fresh ideas.

"We are coming up with new avenues to display what I do. Since its not just music, there are more options for what we can display. 2008 is the year for innovative art and multimedia.

"2008 is indeed the year for everyone. Let this be a motivational and inspirational message for artists alike. Jimmy Edgar is currently working on new editorial fashion photography with Costume National, directing 2 videos for v2 Records artist Black Affair, and continuing working on new J.E. music and production work for major label artists.
    All u need is a good ear for music!

BOA Lifetime Member

just listening to his stuff on his myspace

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endID=59622789

nothing too mindblowing

Junior Freak

Thumbs down

Next level my ass.

Deceptacon

dont you just love it when people make a public uproar regarding their business???

what the hell is wrong with keeping a bit of dignity and just announcing "business differances" or something?

BOA Mod

no more jimmy edgar on warp? OMG what a tragedy!

not.
    Jacbri @ Proton Radio - every 3rd Thursday at 12:00 AM EST / 05:00 GMT
    X-Music @ Techno.FM - every 1st Tuesday at 12:00 PM EST / 18:00 GMT

BOA Lifetime Member

yeah, i dont see how or why this is of any importance to anyone but jimmy edgar really??? I like his music, great production, but it's a record labels right to pick and choose who they wish to release

move along, nothing to see here

Ultimate Freak

^^ well said.

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Loop View Post
    Next level my ass.
    yeah, next level Le Rhythms digitales......

next level of the 80's.
    It's toe tappingly tragic
    www.myspace.com/pure_techno

It is inevitable.

Not wanting to sound like a dick or anything, I think that music is boring and every track on his player sounds just like the last one

His production is nice and tastie, fair play to him for doing what he's doing an all, but if he wants to be released maybe he should think about making something original and not trying to reinvent the 80's...

Sorry Jim, stop being such a f+cking drama queen and get on with it.
    Bás Ar An Impireacht

Junior Freak

His music's ok, nothing spectacular.

A few years ago Venetian Snares(whose new stuff i'm not a fan of either) was to do an album for Warp which I'm sure they turned down as well, and he didn't make a big public fuss about it. He just got on with it and got it released on Mu.

Why on earth would anyone publicise the fact that their album wasn't deemed good enough to release?

Prince Of Warthogs

jimmy who?
    love your mum

It is inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Smear View Post
    His music's ok, nothing spectacular.

A few years ago Venetian Snares(whose new stuff i'm not a fan of either) was to do an album for Warp which I'm sure they turned down as well, and he didn't make a big public fuss about it. He just got on with it and got it released on Mu.

Why on earth would anyone publicise the fact that their album wasn't deemed good enough to release?
    i think his ego took a bit of a dent and by making it public he'd get some kind of sympathy vote from is legeons of fan (s). bit mad really.
    Bás Ar An Impireacht

Junior Freak

Yeah, it's not gonna work. Plus he's not endearing himself to people who don't know him so the whole 'gaining a new audience' thing he's aiming for is gonna be hurt by this.

It is inevitable.

To be honest, I can only see his music appealing to the yuppie crowd. If you tell the yuppie crowd its good, then no matter what they will buy it.
    Bás Ar An Impireacht

BOA Lifetime Member

Strange
    Played for us once in brighton. Seemed like a nice guy
    Thats a weird statement to put up though

And warp is dying? Oh dear....
    Dignity failure.

BOA Mod

Quote Originally Posted by davethedrummer View Post
    jimmy who?
    Either we're showing our ignorance or we need retraining as A+R men.

:lol:

Junior Freak

Musics not bad, nothing to right home about.

His photography was pretty mediocre as well, checked out his site. Looks just like the 5 million other 'fashion photographers' who live in Hoxton and have decided to pick up a camera and shoot without actually bothering to learn how to expose properly and light properly.
    Joe Giacomet
    More Punk Than Funk

tel: +44 (0) 7840 289068
    email: info@morepunkthanfunk.com

web: www.giacomet.co.uk
    web: www.morepunkthanfunk.com

BOA Lifetime Member

some of his older stuff is pretty cool. wouldnt say its next level in terms of his new stuff but its not bad at all.

a million times better than half the garbage techno thats about at the moment anyway.
    \"if you don\'t explode a few heads every night, then you\'re not doing your job\" R.Hawtin IDJ 2001

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by davethedrummer View Post
    jimmy who?
    Just wot I thought...

shame the album from this obviously unique genius will never see the light of day.
    I whip on horses at the rock jam sessions. I'm a rockstar.

BOA Lifetime Member

ahhh it's all too easy to hate to be fair, his production is really, really sweet, taste aside there's no denying he produces his stuff to a level the average techno joe would love to get too

no need for the hoo-haa over his album though of course, but it's just something these London scenester lot people do isnt it really, they love their drama, and Eastenders just isnt slick enough for them i guess

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast