Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Meatsweeper View Post
    The "hard crew" tag is because when they first started the night you used to have to queue to get in and as it was such a small venue if you needed a piss you had to use the toilets out back but then had to queue to get in again n lost your place, so the "bang face hard crew" name came from that.

Check out this interview with Saint Acid (BangFace promoter) its quite interesting.

http://www.gladtalk.co.uk/bangface2.shtml
    even if ya dont like th emusic, ya gotta respect that ethos :)

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by module View Post
    even if ya dont like th emusic, ya gotta respect that ethos :)
    true.
    Jasbof Vs Oblivion - 15th April
    Dark & Digital 1st b\'day Vs Jasbof-19th may


    *looks at ceiling* Shit,I really don't know!!

Line up for the June one looks pretty sick. Cassetteboy,UK Apache,Ben Simms and more. (see thread in events) Cassetteboy sells it for me,I love they're cheeky "music"

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by MorePunkThanFunk View Post
    i've not been to bangface myself, but everyone i know who's been to the night says its wicked. although the club its in Electroworks is SHIT.
    Nah..Elektrowerkz is a quality venue.

Dirty, underground and generally all round havin' it. The security are twats and there's too many inflatable toys being thrown about at Bangface, but apart from that it's great.

There's also some surprisingly good and varied techno get played, along with some shite too BUT at least it's varied and you can never say it's boring
    Myspace here

Supreme Freak

good to see they have brought some straight techno in the form of Sims..

i seen one of their line ups.. massive names.. not one of them i was into lol but if ya dig the 'eclectic' element of electronic music, it has to be a winner..

as for the Gatecrasher/inflatables/road sefice jackets.. i can really really leave it to the happy hardcore crowd... in saying that.. hardcore & Bangface ? maybe they ARE the happy hardcore crowd of yesteryear lol

Ultimate Freak

Hardfloor live sometime last yr was a DEFINITE winner
    Myspace here

Junior Freak

ive been to the bangface nights at glade and there is a fair amount of stupidness, with the hardcore and oldskool, its all a bit tongue in cheek, thats a small aspect of what the whole bangface thing is about, they also champion straight techno with surgeon, sims, bolland, forward thinking electonica from flashbulb, bong ra, chris clark and stacks of jungle, dnb ed rush, remarc and acid with vibert, ceephax etc. I cant understand why fellow techno heads would possibly try to lable this whole vibe as pretentious or nathan barley? lol @ the irony of that btw

some ppl need to crawl from underneath the looped rock theyve been hiding in since the mid 90s

i find some hard techno nights way more cringey/arse licky and nathan barley these days

(the 'bangface hard crew' is the crowd whom attend the nights btw)
    Last edited by G-BO; 17-06-2008 at 09:51 PM.

Ultimate Freak

^^totally true
    Myspace here

Supreme Freak

They're a good crew and it's a bit of a laugh but the music still rules - they put loads on that wouldn't normally get a look in.

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by G-BO View Post
    ive been to the bangface nights at glade and there is a fair amount of stupidness, with the hardcore and oldskool, its all a bit tongue in cheek, thats a small aspect of what the whole bangface thing is about, they also champion straight techno with surgeon, sims, bolland, forward thinking electonica from flashbulb, bong ra, chris clark and stacks of jungle, dnb ed rush, remarc and acid with vibert, ceephax etc. I cant understand why fellow techno heads would possibly try to lable this whole vibe as pretentious or nathan barley? lol @ the irony of that btw

some ppl need to crawl from underneath the looped rock theyve been hiding in since the mid 90s

i find some hard techno nights way more cringey/arse licky and nathan barley these days

lol@ looped rock

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by G-BO View Post

I agree, it doesnt bother me nor should it bother anyone else that everyone is gettin dressed up its fun n its about the tunes at the end of the day so who cares what ure wearin! i will admit though, i'm not into all the tunes that get played (vibes etc, i used to be so i can see the appeal)but for the consistent high calibre of artistt they have you cant fault them. i love techno jus as much as the next person but variation is needed at nights or it just becomes stale. bring on the glade fri night.
    Jasbof Vs Oblivion - 15th April
    Dark & Digital 1st b\'day Vs Jasbof-19th may

BOA Lifetime Member

Done a few bangfaces at the electrowerks, but their shennanigans at Glade were far better IMO

First year they did it was just nuts. People were blown away. If you go down the electrowerks you kinda get an idea of what you are going to get - UV and some silly inflatables and mad music.

But in a big top that held 2000 people, nobody knew what hit them. Suddenly everywhere you looked someone was waving a plastic inflatable skeleton. Then everyone had a dolphin. Haven't felt an atmosphere like that in a long time - proper sense of the whole crowd just going ape-shit and not knowing what the hell to make of it all. Genuinely different - not enough of that these days. And brilliant to see plenty of veteran ravers caught off guard... pretty fantastic to suddenly find yourself in the middle of something completely unique.

The novelty might wear off a bit, and I couldn't do it every week but I'm dead glad someone is paying more attention to the party, the crowd and the atmosphere than just providing a venue with an altar for dj worship.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12