Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Banned

well anyway...... dont forget to DL the mix kids:-

http://www.zshare.net/audio/104388629bc96958/

the sleeve notes ain't really up to much I'm afraid, in fact there are none.
    but almost as important (but not quite of course), the tunes are banging.
    Last edited by krimewave; 12-09-2008 at 11:38 AM.

Deceptacon

i dont actually get that excited about it if it says its a bootleg man.
    but some do.. personally i love most of the early clones and i love RWX.

i still cant believe it. its getting more and more apparent why some people i really respect left this place.
    to be honest a lot of them left because they were elitist and couldnt accept the fact that people liked something that they didnt.

im talking about the guys who are insulting me for calling stealing - stealing.
    first you shouldnt have been insulted, no need. but you're calling sampling stealing. whether or not the sampling is creative or not, its still sampling.
    you yourself said that its ok to sample from differant genres, is sampling from a differant genre stealing aswell? if so you seem to condone it, if not why is only sampling from techno/dance stealing? (i hope you can see my confusion on this issue)

indeed, but no matter how much i dislike ignition technician stuff i never said anything about his music
    try to remember that microdot, krimewave and ig technician have done a lot of tracks together on the player label thru the years and essentially thats the particular style we're debating here.

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Siege View Post
    Lol....that was quite entertaining:)
    not really, unless by "entertaining" you mean "irritating".

BOA Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Lag View Post
    using material from the same genre as ur own - thats just sad
    strange
    i thought half of that "dark techno" scene was sampling surgeon/bmb and the likes...
    Jacbri @ Proton Radio - every 3rd Thursday at 12:00 AM EST / 05:00 GMT
    X-Music @ Techno.FM - every 1st Tuesday at 12:00 PM EST / 18:00 GMT

BOA Lifetime Member

All techno must be made from new noises using new rhythm structures at new bpm levels.

Anything resembling anything else is officially rubbish.

I'm so original I shit the future.

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by rhythmtech View Post
    but some do.. personally i love most of the early clones and i love RWX.
    im just saying, sign the track as it is.

to be honest a lot of them left because they were elitist and couldnt accept the fact that people liked something that they didnt.
    i know a few guys who left and all of them left because someone went into a fight with them over nothing and was pretty unpleasant. witnessed a few of those too.

first you shouldnt have been insulted, no need. but you're calling sampling stealing. whether or not the sampling is creative or not, its still sampling.
    you yourself said that its ok to sample from differant genres, is sampling from a differant genre stealing aswell? if so you seem to condone it, if not why is only sampling from techno/dance stealing? (i hope you can see my confusion on this issue)
    first of, do u know what "monkey sphere" is?
    second, as i already explained, sampling from other genres has a punk quality to it. from what i know in the beggining the whole electronic scene had a big "**** you" attitude towards everything else so sampling from other genres came a bit natural. but then again, i dont remember someone taking the main ****ing theme, making it his own theme and calling it his own song. take fatboy slim for example. most of his songs are based on cut up pieces of old funk records. he cuts it up and takes the whole thing out of context, does some heavy processing and editing and it turns out as a completely different thing than the original (in which the sample is just 5% of the song).
    electronic music is very minimal. if u take the MAIN THEME and use it as UR MAIN THEME with different beats - its a bootleg, not ur own song.

try to remember that microdot, krimewave and ig technician have done a lot of tracks together on the player label thru the years and essentially thats the particular style we're debating here.
    and..?
    So. Behind their eyes the hope in them was sickening, and in many, dead. They lived from event to event with a subtle terror of the gap between, filling up their lives with distractions to avoid the emptiness where curiosity should have been, and breathing a gasp of relief when the children passed the point of asking questions about what life was for.

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by koma View Post
    strange
    i thought half of that "dark techno" scene was sampling surgeon/bmb and the likes...
    and thats why everybody hates takaaki itoh.
    So. Behind their eyes the hope in them was sickening, and in many, dead. They lived from event to event with a subtle terror of the gap between, filling up their lives with distractions to avoid the emptiness where curiosity should have been, and breathing a gasp of relief when the children passed the point of asking questions about what life was for.

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Pace View Post
    All techno must be made from new noises using new rhythm structures at new bpm levels.

Anything resembling anything else is officially rubbish.

I'm so original I shit the future.
    yeah, thats excatly what i said! ure not being a dick!

Deceptacon

im just saying, sign the track as it is.
    and what if the re-work is better?

i know a few guys who left and all of them left because someone went into a fight with them over nothing and was pretty unpleasant. witnessed a few of those too.
    ive been in fights with a few and i can tell you most are started because acid or loopy or whatever isnt cool enough for them so they go and have a period.

first of, do u know what "monkey sphere" is?
    just googled it.. im confused :lol:

take fatboy slim for example. most of his songs are based on cut up pieces of old funk records. he cuts it up and takes the whole thing out of context, does some heavy processing and editing and it turns out as a completely different thing
    are we talking about a differant fatboy slim? cause i can think of 5 of his tracks off the top of my head that sound like the original tracks with a beat thrown on.. and a fancy breakdown (that one that samples "the who" for a start).. still fun tunes though

and..?
    all im saying is dont be surprised you're getting his back up when you're basically calling him a thief. the reaction certainly doesnt surprise me, i'd be the same.

Deceptacon

heres another fatboy example

praise you - creative sampling? i dont think so.. still a classic rip though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1zJGDQy1qA

Junior Freak

its a different genre, its not 4 famous notes + the main theme at the same time, and its 5% of the song which is just an intro and fatboy slim put it into a completely different context. from what i remember about the song he did a lot of cutting up of the vocal etc.

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by rhythmtech View Post
    and what if the re-work is better?
    then we come back to this: if i take aphex twin - on, put a schranz loop over it and some schranzie likes it, that mean i can call it my own song?

ive been in fights with a few and i can tell you most are started because acid or loopy or whatever isnt cool enough for them so they go and have a period.
    lol
    were talking about different guys obviously :)

just googled it.. im confused :lol:
    think about it.. :)

all im saying is dont be surprised you're getting his back up when you're basically calling him a thief. the reaction certainly doesnt surprise me, i'd be the same.
    i called someone a thief because i think it is so and then someone called me a spastic (based on disagreeing) and another one told me my music sucks (which i dont deny, even though a lot of people whos music i love actually really like the mentioned song, but i have no idea what does it have to do with the issue)

BOA Lifetime Member

and another one told me my music sucks
    If thats a reference to me, i'd like to correct you.

I never said your music sucks, i never even said Shadwell sucks.

I said i didn't like it but also acknowledge people have different tastes and it was just personal preference at the end of the day.
    There has to be music you dont like cos it spurs you on more to make music you do like...

I have'nt listened to anything else of yours as yet and who knows, i may like it.

I certainly wouldn't be petty enough to say i didn't like it, or it sucked just because of our disagreement on here.
    Techno is a journey, not a race!

http://soundcloud.com/force

BOA Lifetime Member

chill dude, just jestin

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by force View Post
    If thats a reference to me, i'd like to correct you.

I never said your music sucks, i never even said Shadwell sucks.

I said i didn't like it but also acknowledge people have different tastes and it was just personal preference at the end of the day.
    There has to be music you dont like cos it spurs you on more to make music you do like...

I have'nt listened to anything else of yours as yet and who knows, i may like it.

I certainly wouldn't be petty enough to say i didn't like it, or it sucked just because of our disagreement on here.
    in the end it will turn out that nobody actually meant anything bad and that it was all just a case of series of postings in the wrong topic :lol:

It is inevitable.

aye, you killed my thread F*CKERS!!!!

:lol:
    Bás Ar An Impireacht

Banned

*tumbleweed*

Banned

he was taking the piss you thick cunt.

in response to some of the other ignorant shite you were spouting.

do you honestly expect someone who's sampled "the punisher" for example to name their track "the punisher" also?
    sounds like a surefire way to get your record taken off the shelves or get sued to me.

thick cunt. (oh I said that already, never mind one more for luck ay)

thick cunt.

Junior Freak

have fun in ur life mate.

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by krimewave View Post
    well anyway...... dont forget to DL the mix kids:-

http://www.zshare.net/audio/104388629bc96958/

the sleeve notes ain't really up to much I'm afraid, in fact there are none.
    but almost as important (but not quite of course), the tunes are banging.
    Well id just like to say how fckin ace i think this mix is!!! ....

''It's fckin ace'' ....ah thankyou! :cheese:

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast