Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
    It is inevitable.

Default LapTop being a Gimp, Halp plz.

Got a laptop, it is a gimp. It hates me and wants to kill me to death. When she is in the normal laptop position she freezes, all operations cease and the CPU usage goes through the roof. However, when I tilt her up to a 45 degree angle, she goes back to normal. Any ideas lads? Is the hard drive f*cked, or is there some software patch etc I can download?
    Bás Ar An Impireacht

BOA Newbie

Not sure about the high cpu but having to tilt the laptop is usually down to loose/bad connections inside - keyboard or touch pad disconnects so looks like its frozen - and tilting helps the connection.

Try just tilting the screen, if not you may have to open the sucker up and check connections - get someone else to do that if you not sure
    Last edited by d3v; 14-08-2008 at 02:20 PM.

acieeeeeeeeeeeeed

does it ever turn itself off?
    Life is "trying things to see if they work"

Finally getting around to updating my site
    http://www.plus27design.co.uk/

Dave knows scooter lyrics

Deceptacon

if its tilting the sreen it could be your inverter? is your screen just black until you tilt it?

replacing the inverter is a piece of piss and will cost you about 40 yoyos..

loadsa os step by step walk thrus online.

It is inevitable.

Nah, the screen is fine. I opened her up last night. My hard drive has suffered the dreaded Head crash. It will read when I tilt her at a 45 degree angle, but normal, ashe just can't read the HD. I am buying a new lappy next weekend anyway so its all good. :-)
    Bás Ar An Impireacht

Deceptacon

better off buying a desktp for production.. much mure robust and esier to sort problems.

for instance, ive recenrlt installed a new internal drive, upgraded ram to 3 gig and added new power supply, fan and heat sink. try that on a lappy and you'll end up crying!!!

It is inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by rhythmtech View Post
    better off buying a desktp for production.. much mure robust and esier to sort problems.

for instance, ive recenrlt installed a new internal drive, upgraded ram to 3 gig and added new power supply, fan and heat sink. try that on a lappy and you'll end up crying!!!

The long term plan is to get a Desk top made up. I got my mate to price all the parts for a music production desk, about €1000.
    I'm getting a new laptop next weekend, so I can make on the move you know.
    Last edited by DannyBlack; 16-08-2008 at 08:23 AM.
    Bás Ar An Impireacht