Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Supreme Freak

thread closed

(by order of br8ken-stoat management team)

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Pace View Post
    i saw deadmaus last night at creamfields.

First few tracks were quite fun, big raspy basslines and bouncey stuff. Not my cup of tea usually, but good festival stuff and the crowd loved it.

He then petered out into nothingness. By the end of his set I didn't even realise he was still playing. I thought he'd finished a while ago and the "filler" dj between acts was just killing time before the next guys got set up.
    Terrible.

Say what you like about over paid over hyped djs, but at least they don't run out of material after 20 minutes.
    Yeah, that was my impression of his music after listening to a heap of tracks. His music seems hastily produced and released, and he should really put out fewer tracks and combine more ideas into each one. Because, as it stands now, his tunes all seem to go onto autopilot and become boring as hell. Bottom line is that he used a gimmick to make the jump from no name to headliner, and we only have the masses to blame. Shit, I would love to pay off my uni debt with a similar stunt. Too bad all the mediocre music will be around forever as a testament to his middling skills.

Junior Freak

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Smear View Post
    Half of his fans will make the assumption that he means everyone else except his fans, and the other half will say 'who cares, as long as the tunes are good'. For everyone else he's now 'infamous', the guy who 'tells it like it is and isn't afraid to speak his mind' , and 'that guy in the mouse costume who swore in a magazine'. And that kind of publicity is worth a hell of a lot these days, no matter how transparent and limp it is. I wouldn't be surprised if just on BOA, 5 people start listening to and enjoying Deadmau5 just from reading this. At least.

By the end of the night this thread will be longer than almost all of the recent threads in this part of the forum, and it's about someone none of us should ever have even heard of. If that's not a successful publicity stunt then I don't know what is. At the end of the day, and i'm aware of the irony of saying this, but the reason stunts like this work is because people are ****ing idiots. There's nothing more exciting to them than a musician pretending to stick the middle finger up at 'the establishment' for no apparent reason.

(I am also aware of the irony of me posting 3 times on a thread that is encouraging Deadmau5, haha, so this will be my last, I promise)

excellent... best in thread :)

Administrator

deadmau5?

i kinda like him. but i dont. i kinda like what he's doing, but i dont.

at the end of the day, this is a huge media hype. so before you even talk about him or his music, chill out and think. it's all to provoke a reaction. this mouse head. the guy understands the media, the reaction. respect to him for that. and if i'm being honest, i think techno needs to understand that more anyway.

if you actually look at that video, there's actually f all crowd there. i've played us/canada soooooo many times and that vid is at a time at a big party when the vibe has kinda gone and you're left with a load of ppl who are ****ed who will dance to absolutely anything. you can see why his promo ppl got it on the net cant you!!!

Imagine Europe after his PR ppl have done their campaign - 'wow, look at those skyscrapers!!!', look at that party that looks so different to the UK!!!

ok, so that aside. what about the music? well it's not my thing but i respect what he's doing with the lappy. but then again i don't. hmmm i really don't care what the media has reported he's said about dj's but some of those things he's doing with his laptop are just damn primitive. really easy. he's not really doing anything any of you all could do. it's not exactly innovation. listen to it!!!!!!

ok this is just my opinion, perhaps i've had a mental weekend and i need some sleep hehe. but i reckon this is another thing called 'fashion'. this whole laptop thing is just provoking a reaction. which is what fashion needs.

imho if you're into good music, dont even let it get you down. but understand the power of pr.

:)

Supreme Freak

He should pull a stunt that's actually interesting... Maybe kill himself onstage inna GG Allin stylee (not that GG did, he died in a pool of his own piss surrounded wi needles BUT he >had< always threatened a MEMORABLE ONSTAGE SUICIDE)

As smear says, things like this happen cause they get a result, it's like candy for babies - the majority of spastics will lap it up.

"remember that guy dressed as a mouse - he was awesome" etc etc

Music 'scene' - CIRCUS CREDENTIALS >INTACT<
    I whip on horses at the rock jam sessions. I'm a rockstar.

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by JamieBall View Post
    He should pull a stunt that's actually interesting... Maybe kill himself onstage inna GG Allin stylee (not that GG did, he died in a pool of his own piss surrounded wi needles BUT he >had< always threatened a MEMORABLE ONSTAGE SUICIDE)

As smear says, things like this happen cause they get a result, it's like candy for babies - the majority of spastics will lap it up.

"remember that guy dressed as a mouse - he was awesome" etc etc

Music 'scene' - CIRCUS CREDENTIALS >INTACT<
    Yeah, but I would overlook the (admittedly kinda cool) costume if he had good music to back it up.

I just listened to a Boys Noize live set, and it was similar. Very plastic, "heavy" electro house feel and meandering pace. I think good live PAs take years to assemble, but these people have been chosen by the masses, thrust into the headlining spots, and now need to hastily put together acts to justify the billing.

It's all quite transparent.

It is inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by the_psychologist View Post
    Yeah, but I would overlook the (admittedly kinda cool) costume if he had good music to back it up.

I just listened to a Boys Noize live set, and it was similar. Very plastic, "heavy" electro house feel and meandering pace. I think good live PAs take years to assemble, but these people have been chosen by the masses, thrust into the headlining spots, and now need to hastily put together acts to justify the billing.

It's all quite transparent.

+1
    Bás Ar An Impireacht

BOA Mod

Can this thread be closed? Its just providing more google hits for deadrat. In other words, his 'promotion' did its job. Lets not help.

It is inevitable.

Good idea Chris. It is a pointless thread now, we've all inputted our 2 penneth now at this stage.
    Bás Ar An Impireacht

Junior Freak

jelousy gets you nowhere

Junior Freak

wuhaha.. how silly!

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by RDR View Post
    Can this thread be closed? Its just providing more google hits for deadrat. In other words, his 'promotion' did its job. Lets not help.
    +1

Junior Freak

Did he allso meant that "Non of dj's shouldn't play my crap neither"?

Prince Of Warthogs

bought my mouse suit today
    very happy with it.
    love your mum

The Universe

yeah
    but yours is just a copy

mouses suit is org
    and washed in plain human blood every sunday

for that extra redness

It is inevitable.

I'm gonna DJ in a giant condom suit witha bit of cream in the teet, I'm gonna call myself

DeadKid5
    Bás Ar An Impireacht

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345