Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.

Hybrid View

Junior Freak

Default PC Recording Help

Need some techie help offa u guys.............
    Am havin trouble gettin the line-up recording to work on my PC.....I can't get any signal in from my line-in jack

It's a MSI MS-6590 Motherboard with the soundcard onboard.....6 channels.........

As far as I know Contrlled by a C-Media software mixer, which state's that rear speaker out-put and line-in share the same jack.......

the spec's of the PC are:
    AMD Athalon XP2600+
    DVD 16x
    CDRW
    512mb RAM
    80 GB Seagate Baracuda
    Nvidia FX5600 128mb
    Win XP Home
    MSI MS-6590 Motherboard
    Videologic ZXR-500 Dolby 5.1

Am trying to use Wave-lab for recording........always had no problem's on my old PC with recording. Anyway, have tried other recording software.........but no sucess, there seems to be no input from the line-in jack.....

Do I some-how need to swap from 'rear-out' to 'line in' on my Bios........have tried lookin at that, but there seems to be no obvious option for changing that, and I don't know enough about PC's to be messin round with the bios.

The recording option on the PC is set to C-Media (the only option).............

any of you guys got any idea's on this prob??

CHeers,

Andy

90's Trance head

make sure wavelabs sound options are set to recive a signal from the line in, its possible its set to mic socket or something. also make sure the line in is both activated and given enough volume level in the pcs main sound options.
    Sequence is coming. It's going throughout your imagination. It takes you where you've been before. A higher state of mind. Yeah, you remember the early times. Now were trying to take you again. In the deepest seas of your consciousness.....Time never stops

Junior Freak

I think have checked those....

I'll have a look when i get home tonight to be certain, cheers

acieeeeeeeeeeeeed

if you click on the speaker icon and then options and then properties it brings up a list of more settings for you to check
    Life is "trying things to see if they work"

Finally getting around to updating my site
    http://www.plus27design.co.uk/

Dave knows scooter lyrics

Junior Freak

Aye.......checked everything, got my PC techie mate to have a look and couldn't do it, so picked me up a Creative soundblaster 5.1 live card for £15 offa work client(which apparently is still better than the onboard sound effort) and it's all jiggy now :clap:

CHeers for the help!