Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    It is inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by davethedrummer View Post
    However Spiro has had his beating so I have just discovered
    He get an actual beat down or has his promoter pedestal been kicked from under him?

Either way, one way or another I hope you get the money you were promised mate. F*ckers drive me mad.
    Bás Ar An Impireacht

Junior Freak

Spiro is known in melbourne and bush party circles as being a dodgy ****er. I'd advise anyone who isnt willing to do battle with his drug addled haggling skills to stay well out of his way...

Junior Freak

He is far and away the worst cunt out here... a stupid, wannabe-violent lil man. And he's been that way for years... he owes me cash from 97 and i'm one of the few smart enough to not have anything to do with him... he's a ****stain. and not indicative at all of the promoters over here...

btw Henry - i'm yo - dan's house/studio mate... hope you a had a great xmas regardless...
    The Lines - Melbourne, Australia

It is inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by machina View Post
    and not indicative at all of the promoters over here.

Bigtime, I'm doubting that anyone would take him to represent the Oz crowd. IMO Ozzies are top. fact.
    Bás Ar An Impireacht

BOA Lifetime Member

this sucks, hope everything works out.
    **NEW MYSPACE** www.myspace.com/filthmongerdj -

:) :)New TECHNO MIX OCT 2009 + setlist available here http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/forum...154#post708154 :) :)

The Demon Beast

The whole thing about please do not give people ammunition during pending cases is bullshit, if you want your money the best time is while he is being indicted on similar charges.
    I am not sure about international law, but I bet if you proceed with legal action it will be heard as long as there is proff of a contractual agreement.
    Wetworks
    Compound, Punish Blue, Mastertraxx

Junior Freak

^the biggest problem with this ****stain is there is no money - he's liquidated 3 companies and ****ed around the system somehow for years...
    The Lines - Melbourne, Australia

Junior Freak

Sorry to hear about your woes Henry... Sounds like he burned some pretty big names in electronic music.

Are you planning to shift to production as you get older? I mean producing tracks, albums, etc for other artists?

Out of curiosity, what is the most you have ever profited off of a vinyl release? I'm just asking because I've been seeing artists like NIN get away from record labels and move to self-released digital files. I'm sure many people share the tracks with others, but at least the profit being made is straight to the artist. Could you do digital releases and charge like 2 quid per track? It's a very slow train that's coming, and it has been coming for years. Yes, MP3s have affected sales, but nothing will change their proliferation. Best to get on it and figure out a model that works as well as possible (and do it asap).

Cheers

Prince Of Warthogs

Quote Originally Posted by the_psychologist View Post
    Sorry to hear about your woes Henry... Sounds like he burned some pretty big names in electronic music.

Are you planning to shift to production as you get older? I mean producing tracks, albums, etc for other artists?

Out of curiosity, what is the most you have ever profited off of a vinyl release? I'm just asking because I've been seeing artists like NIN get away from record labels and move to self-released digital files. I'm sure many people share the tracks with others, but at least the profit being made is straight to the artist. Could you do digital releases and charge like 2 quid per track? It's a very slow train that's coming, and it has been coming for years. Yes, MP3s have affected sales, but nothing will change their proliferation. Best to get on it and figure out a model that works as well as possible (and do it asap).

Cheers
    well a bit of a change in direction for the thread
    but yeah it's a bloody good idea to sell your music yourself I reckon.
    love your mum

It is inevitable.

I think it is a diamond Idea too. The artist, the creator of music needs to have absolute control in my opinion.
    Bás Ar An Impireacht

Junior Freak

LOL - http://www.inthemix.com.au/forum/sho...d.php?t=239926
    with Spiro apearing as "MrDisco" and "Disco_LIsBBYanne"
    Bring popcorn

It is inevitable.

:lol:
    Bás Ar An Impireacht

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by davethedrummer View Post
    well a bit of a change in direction for the thread
    but yeah it's a bloody good idea to sell your music yourself I reckon.
    well, it's related because it could maybe take the pressure off to gig constantly. less gigging = fewer twats to deal with.

i was asking about profits because i'm curious if (even with file sharing, a practice that is not prevented by vinyl at all) you would still be making more off a digital release than you would off a vinyl release. i love vinyl, too, but you need to put yourself before the format. i'm still unsure why the SUF collective doesn't offer an extensive back cat in high quality online.

cheers

Administrator

henry, i'm horrified to hear this.

i feel with my own experience with spiro, chrissi and i were very, very lucky.

when we went over, i had some insane gastro virus that left me so very ill that we had to use a hire car rather than the artist bus (the gig was 3 hours into the outback but i couldnt travel for more than 20 minutes without throwing up - gastro interitus or something they said it was).

Fortunately after the gig, having the car gave us the independance we needed to try to sort it out when spiro mysteriously vanished. Instead of being shipped back to the hotel tired after the gig, able to do nothing when we'd woken, i was able to rest in the car for 2 hours and then make such a nuisance of myself to the point that we actually found Spiro. We ended up in the dodgiest caravan you can ever imagine with serious security and a bloke who kept his money in a pirate-style chest. Sure I got paid, but it was all quite bizarre I can tell you.

Anyway, that's why i contacted you h once i'd seen you were playing for them. i just wanted to say 'b careful'. Perhaps i should have explained myself better and you might not have decided to go.

Hope you sort this out bro.

Mark

Supreme Freak

Bloddy hell!
    LivePA
    That is all...

BOA Lifetime Member

Techno is a journey, not a race!

http://soundcloud.com/force

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by MARK EG View Post
    henry, i'm horrified to hear this.

i feel with my own experience with spiro, chrissi and i were very, very lucky.

when we went over, i had some insane gastro virus that left me so very ill that we had to use a hire car rather than the artist bus (the gig was 3 hours into the outback but i couldnt travel for more than 20 minutes without throwing up - gastro interitus or something they said it was).

Fortunately after the gig, having the car gave us the independance we needed to try to sort it out when spiro mysteriously vanished. Instead of being shipped back to the hotel tired after the gig, able to do nothing when we'd woken, i was able to rest in the car for 2 hours and then make such a nuisance of myself to the point that we actually found Spiro. We ended up in the dodgiest caravan you can ever imagine with serious security and a bloke who kept his money in a pirate-style chest. Sure I got paid, but it was all quite bizarre I can tell you.

Anyway, that's why i contacted you h once i'd seen you were playing for them. i just wanted to say 'b careful'. Perhaps i should have explained myself better and you might not have decided to go.

Hope you sort this out bro.

Mark
    I had that gastro interitus last month mate it's not very nice
    All u need is a good ear for music!

Junior Freak

man that ****ing blows bigtime....

Sorry you have to deal with such bullshit Henry.

All I can say is karma's a bitch and they'll get theirs...
    (b)randon (d)e(c)arlo.... techno-minded since 1990.

www.myspace.com/mrdecarlo

Ultimate Freak

HMMMMM NOT the first time ive heard horror stories from earth core , ive had similar experience elsewhere but hey this is an insult to the AUSTRALIAN TECHNO MASSIVE out there your promoters are screwing you out of your favorite artists , the last thing you want is a bad rep because no 1 will come that distance to be pissed on. sort these mothers out and boycot there events start your own clearly this guy has brought shame on you.

Ultimate Freak

buy the way hennry i no where you comming from i also have 7 year old kid @ home its hard going when you have to leave the misses all the time especially in our case of finding child minders phew the rows ive had the last 7 years over pheew tuff busininess im with ya there dude.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast