Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by davethedrummer View Post
    If you want to know what happened to me in australia in november
    check this out.

http://blogs.inthemix.com.au/davethedrummer

GRRRRRRRR!
    Wow! Henry, you played both of your sets. I do not believe that either British or Australian contract law is any different than it is in the US. Hell, the US version came out of the british version and I'm assuming the same is likely for Australia as well. For almost $5k, it may very well be in your interests to contact some of your mates in Melbourne and have an attorney there take up this case for you. You should not need to ever show up in person. That excuse about "slander" is bullshit for a couple reasons. 1.) It's not "slander" if it's true. 2.) It has absolutely no bearing on the agreement you guys entered into which you completely fulfilled on your end. Had you walked away from this earlier, yeah, you'd have no claim. But, given you completely fulfilled your obligations, he really has no defense.

Did you get a contract? If not, the e-mail correspondences of agreement between you two may be enough. Either way, for $5k, it's probably worth talking to someone down there if you haven't and seeing if it's something both realistic and affordable for you to pursue.
    Last edited by tocsin; 30-12-2008 at 04:59 PM.
    A person belonging to one or more Order is just as likely to carry a flag of the counter-establishment as the flag of the establishment, just as long as it is a flag. --P.D.

M.O.D.

Quote Originally Posted by davethedrummer View Post
    If you want to know what happened to me in australia in november
    check this out.

http://blogs.inthemix.com.au/davethedrummer

GRRRRRRRR!
    Quote Originally Posted by Athar View Post
    bastards!!!

im sorry to hear that h
    and i absolutely agreed,
    guys like "Spiro" should go to the jail for something like that, no doubts
    heh ...
    +1

i don't generally advocate violence, but if this spiro fool habitually rips off djs, then he'd seem to be in need of a serious kicking.
    The law is not the private property of lawyers, nor is justice the exclusive province of judges and juries. In the final analysis, true justice is not a matter of courts and law books, but of a commitment in each of us to liberty and mutual respect. - Jimmy Carter

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by jon connor View Post
    HMMMMM NOT the first time ive heard horror stories from earth core , ive had similar experience elsewhere but hey this is an insult to the AUSTRALIAN TECHNO MASSIVE out there your promoters are screwing you out of your favorite artists , the last thing you want is a bad rep because no 1 will come that distance to be pissed on. sort these mothers out and boycot there events start your own clearly this guy has brought shame on you.
    as i said earlier - spiro is not even slightly indicative of aussie promoters and he's been an ongoing joke here for years.... obviously it's pretty hard for people to know who/what they are playing for from across the other side of the planet, but i'm sure most people in the know over here would advise against having anything to do with earthcore... most promoters here do the right thing, and this is just an example of a ****wit - i'm sure they exist everywhere... (although perhaps not to this extent - ec is pretty special in that respect)
    The Lines - Melbourne, Australia

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by machina View Post
    as i said earlier - spiro is not even slightly indicative of aussie promoters and he's been an ongoing joke here for years.... obviously it's pretty hard for people to know who/what they are playing for from across the other side of the planet, but i'm sure most people in the know over here would advise against having anything to do with earthcore... most promoters here do the right thing, and this is just an example of a ****wit - i'm sure they exist everywhere... (although perhaps not to this extent - ec is pretty special in that respect)

cool just thought this guy was ummm sticking 1 in the ass for genuine techno fans over there , glad you guys have sum sense and respect unlike this MUPPET!

keep up the good work man .
    Last edited by jon connor; 30-12-2008 at 09:49 PM.

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by electoad View Post
    LOL - http://www.inthemix.com.au/forum/sho...d.php?t=239926
    with Spiro apearing as "MrDisco" and "Disco_LIsBBYanne"
    Bring popcorn
    good read that hahahah for a laugh ,was interesting to read the soliceters letters hahahahahahahah dick, damaged reputation ? heheheheh! does he not realise he has just ripped off one of the most respected techno artists on the planet ?

im going now because the more i read the more im getting angry and am having thoughts of forming some kinda lynch mob hahahahah no serious just hate it when i see people beeing abused in this way and do you no wot its always the bloody good ones it happens to isint it.

pour ya self a large 1 henry and have a great new year man.

Junior Freak

Sorry to hear your bad experience Henry. Seems to be a history of kippyness about E.C. This cock Spiro sounds like a right gickhole, hated by many, check it out http://boycottearthcore2007.blogspot.com/

BOA Lifetime Member

gutted dude. although from reading your blog it seems the writing was on the wall; and you should have honoured your first commitment to play at Fabric.
    still we all live and learn. all the best for 2009, should be a good year for Roosters; Year of the Ox and all, financially anyway.

i cant stop the eschaton

BOA Lifetime Member

sorry to hear this henry...not been a good few months has it, hope 2009 brings ya better luck mate!
    Be Lucky!

BOA Newbie

And thats the last time Oz will see Dave the Drummer

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by luvlysmiler View Post
    And thats the last time Oz will see Dave the Drummer
    i doubt it, there will be more comebacks than Liberace. No offence DtD.

i cant stop the eschaton

BOA Lifetime Member

I moved to scotland. I'm sick of this bloody rain.

BOA Lifetime Member
    I am not here but my ghost still lingers

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123