Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Junior Freak

Default Has the era of funky energy driven techno died in the uk??

To be honest i dont think Energy driven techno was ever a fashionable thing in the uk(and that was a good thing in my imo)But it had a small and dedicated following!and the clubs that housed this style blew the roof off(once upon a time)!!

This following seems to have got smaller or more spread out here in britain and alot of the best partys seem to have moved back to the east of the world ie Holland,Belgium,Poland,ukrane,Russia and tokyo and as far as australia,to name but a few!
    I know there is the odd good party here in the uk but you have to be lucky to stumble upon one!

The ultimate question is,if your hearts passion is hard driving energetic techno,should we move east of the world????

M.O.D.

without trying to sound snide...what the hell is "funky energy driven techno?"
    The law is not the private property of lawyers, nor is justice the exclusive province of judges and juries. In the final analysis, true justice is not a matter of courts and law books, but of a commitment in each of us to liberty and mutual respect. - Jimmy Carter

BOA Lifetime Member

are you on about minimals rise and hard techno's seemingly fall from popularity ?

if you're not then feck knows what you mean.

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by SlavikSvensk View Post
    LOL!Energetic funky techno??Its not really that hard to disiphre is it stella boy???And that isnt the main point of the this thread is it really???And yes it does sound snide wots yer problem dude?with that reply youve just sent this thread derogetory before it even started!!

I am simply asking for an open minded opinion/view of the the techno scene in the uk today,not a q&a on how to lay down your view on genre!!!,sorry if im coming across as being out of order folks.
    Last edited by tots; 03-01-2009 at 08:08 PM.

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Stella Boy View Post
    are you on about minimals rise and hard techno's seemingly fall from popularity ?

if you're not then feck knows what you mean.
    Im basically saying are we flogging a dead horse buying and playing hard/energetic techno music in the uk as peeps here are so fashion driven and things evolve and change so fast here,dont get me wrong i will always be in to the harder darker side but are peeps like me gonna be very alone soon saying......I REMEMBER THE DAYS WHEN............

Deceptacon

im lost too tots.. can you give us some examples of artists? i mean some would consider hydraulix as funky energy driven while others would name people like humphries and nuccle and then you'd have some that would say hertz' older stuff.

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by rhythmtech View Post
    im lost too tots.. can you give us some examples of artists? i mean some would consider hydraulix as funky energy driven while others would name people like humphries and nuccle and then you'd have some that would say hertz' older stuff.
    Sorry if ive been a little vague rythmtech,yes nuccle humphries,Gunjack(matt k)Hertz,pirate audio,patterns etc??

Deceptacon

Quote Originally Posted by tots View Post
    Sorry if ive been a little vague rythmtech,yes nuccle humphries,Gunjack(matt k)Hertz,pirate audio,patterns etc??
    music wise - go check out my label damaged trax http://www.trackitdown.net/recordlab...aged-trax.html

also have a look at morepunkthanfunk, kickthedrum, mike's mastertraxx is still going, glenn wilson has some new stuff coming soon that'll blow you away..

i think everyone is really re-evaluating their sounds and trying to move forwards. techno goes thru phases like that.. the other side will be a better place

as far as parties go i understand what you mean.. we get a handful of good parties over here but sometimes it seems like theres only a handful of us pushing the sound.. is the uk not a bit better? poland is still rockin it though.

Junior Freak

the svensk guy on this thread are stella boy comments folks,for some reason this has been edited????

Junior Freak

LOL!Energetic funky techno??Its not really that hard to disiphre is it stella boy???And that isnt the main point of the this thread is it really???And yes it does sound snide wots yer problem dude?with that reply youve just sent this thread derogetory before it even started!!

I am simply asking for an open minded opinion/view of the the techno scene in the uk today,not a q&a on how to lay down your view on genre!!!,sorry if im coming across as being out of order folks.
    When i first quoted this comment it was from stella boy!!!and has been edited by moderators which have changed the name to slavik svensk for some reason???

is communism on its way back?????come on guys this is shit!!!
    Last edited by tots; 03-01-2009 at 09:06 PM.

It is inevitable.

this thread confuses me! If I understand your question, my answer would be no Tots. Not at all! The mainstream is minimal etc, I don't think the techno you refer to was ever mainstream.

I think the absolute saturation of minimal in clubs has you perhaps a little blind sided as to other styles and where they went. They didn't really go anywhere really. They are still there, underground. :-) All good. Keep your chin up mate.
    Bás Ar An Impireacht

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by DannyBlack View Post
    this thread confuses me! If I understand your question, my answer would be no Tots. Not at all! The mainstream is minimal etc, I don't think the techno you refer to was ever mainstream.

I think the absolute saturation of minimal in clubs has you perhaps a little blind sided as to other styles and where they went. They didn't really go anywhere really. They are still there, underground. :-) All good. Keep your chin up mate.
    Respect danny!but its hard to keep up good spirits on the uk techno scene as everyones idea of techno is so different these days!!I was handed a cd the other day that read on the front,TECHNO!!??I played it and what came through my speakers was abismal,it was commercial electro house 125bpm and made me very sleepy??

It is inevitable.

Yeah, I hear you. But the best thing to do is to not get bogged down by what others deem as techno, it would wreck your head! It is hard to actually find a good techno sesh these days for sure, but you will.

Part of the fun for me is the hunt. To scour and then to find something you can identify with. It makes putting up with bad quality nonsense worth while.

Techno went on a downturn last year, I think we can all agree on that. But in my honest opinion I think this year it will be back on the up. Check out the guys on this site, some of the stuff they put out is truley remarkable! It really is only a matter of time before the rest cop on and realise that there is better out there. Fact. :-)
    Bás Ar An Impireacht

Deceptacon

tots, check your pm

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by DannyBlack View Post
    Yeah, I hear you. But the best thing to do is to not get bogged down by what others deem as techno, it would wreck your head! It is hard to actually find a good techno sesh these days for sure, but you will.

Part of the fun for me is the hunt. To scour and then to find something you can identify with. It makes putting up with bad quality nonsense worth while.

Techno went on a downturn last year, I think we can all agree on that. But in my honest opinion I think this year it will be back on the up. Check out the guys on this site, some of the stuff they put out is truley remarkable! It really is only a matter of time before the rest cop on and realise that there is better out there. Fact. :-)
    And thats why i use boa to keep track of happenings and movements of the music im in to,as i deem it an upfront real techno source!
    But as long as theres folk like the afor mentioned shooting people down for silly things it will only count towards failiure,alot of folk would have identified with my initial comments but wherent even given the chance,again sorry if im out of place and thanks for your comments ryhthmtech all the best...

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by SlavikSvensk View Post
    THIS COMMENT WAS ORIGINALLY FROM STELLA BOY AND WAS CHANGED TO SLAVIKSVENSK,ALL I CAN SAY IS BE YOURSELF,I DONT HIDE BEHIND A CODENAME????

BOA Mod

THIS COMMENT WAS ORIGINALLY FROM STELLA BOY AND WAS CHANGED TO SLAVIKSVENSK,ALL I CAN SAY IS BE YOURSELF,I DONT HIDE BEHIND A CODENAME????
    Hi Tots.

I know what you mean, loop driven stuff along the lines of JB3 type funky techno (which is what i think most people know it as) jehrico records material. later code red, earlier beyer stuff. Zentz and the like.

I dont think its died on the dance floor, play a funky track like this and people will still dance. You and brad (are you brad.. i get confused by the name tots) anyway have put on some cracking nights in leeds, which im ashamed to say i didnt attend due to personal work related issues and circumstance) along with lots of other people around the UK.

I know what you mean about the decline though. I think thats a combination of the decline in the club scene in general and the way music and fashions change. Also as a audience no-one is getting younger. I teach kids who 10 years or check it... 20! years ago would have been into the techno you are talking about. Now i am that kid, now an adult. (ok..ok so im not an adult :lol: ) these kids are now into psy-trance, drum and bass and hip hop and shit regurgitated hardcore.

IMO - music is change and thats a fact. cant stop it, we might as well be trying to ram a pint into a half glass.

also dude - i dont think slavicsvensk has the permissions to edit posts in this section, he is the metropolis moderator, nor do the mods here change stuff people put like you reckon they did. ive not seen it happen and ive been a mod here for 2 years.

Peace folks!

Deceptacon

also dude - i dont think slavicsvensk has the permissions to edit posts in this section, he is the metropolis moderator, nor do the mods here change stuff people put like you reckon they did. ive not seen it happen and ive been a mod here for 2 years.
    also if it was edited by anyone it would say
    last edited by *username* at *time*
    underneath (like this post does now).

maybe you read it wrong first time?
    Last edited by rhythmtech; 03-01-2009 at 11:25 PM.

Junior Freak

LOL!Energetic funky techno??Its not really that hard to disiphre is it slaviksvensk???And that isnt the main point of the this thread is it really???And yes it does sound snide wots yer problem dude?with that reply youve just sent this thread derogetory before it even started!!

Edited!

Junior Freak

This is a public apoligy to stella boy!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast