Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    It is inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by crime View Post
    Seems pretty fashionable to knock "minimal" stuff these days, particuarly minus, which I find quite funny really considering that actually, it is (IMO) some of the best stuff coming out right now... when you knock something just because the word "minimal" was involved, it's the same kind of mentality as people thinking techno is 2unlimited..

ok, you think it's shit, did stating it on a message board really do something for you? do you think it convinces me that it's shit? because ultimately it just makes me think that I'll take no notice of anything you recommend because obviously we don't share the same tastes.. live and let live for christ sake.. I don't come on every hard techno thread saying to you it's shit, do I?

:lol: mate, calm down. what I said was- its a bit poo. I'm not saying it is an abomination, im just saying that the hype around these 2 tracks is a bit much for what they are.

yes, minus is a bloody good record label and lets face it, as far as minimal goes they have the best. im not a minimal fan, but the odd occasion there have been a couple of tracks that make me stop and take notice. isn't that what good music is supposed to do?

why do you have it in your head that everyones opinion is attacking? its a forum, you will get those that like and those that dislike.

are you hobo? is that why you're so defensive?
    Bás Ar An Impireacht

M.O.D.

i don't see what the fuss is about..i thought the tracks were extremely bland. after reading the story i expected some influence from the isolation and environment he put himself in. i didn't hear it, not even minimally (excuse the pun).

yes this is an opinion, but i think it's probably shared. does anyone on here disagree? if so, what makes the tracks interesting? where's the canadian wilderness in them?
    The law is not the private property of lawyers, nor is justice the exclusive province of judges and juries. In the final analysis, true justice is not a matter of courts and law books, but of a commitment in each of us to liberty and mutual respect. - Jimmy Carter

Ultimate Freak

ah, Ok, I think I know the answer here.. you've only heard the 2 trax that made it onto the vinyl, not the 10 trax that were the digital release.. it's the digital release that you really need to check, as that's where the gems really are.....

Ultimate Freak

and I think the whole canadian wilderness thing is all a bit tounge in cheek to be honest....

Ultimate Freak

It is inevitable.

I'm liking "I'm not it". Incredibly low ended spookiness!
    Bás Ar An Impireacht

BOA Lifetime Member

surely it's better to say that you don't like something rather than say it's shit?
    I apologise for te offence I have caused.
    I am not here but my ghost still lingers

M.O.D.

ah, Ok, I think I know the answer here.. you've only heard the 2 trax that made it onto the vinyl, not the 10 trax that were the digital release.. it's the digital release that you really need to check, as that's where the gems really are.....
    fair enough.

and I think the whole canadian wilderness thing is all a bit tounge in cheek to be honest....
    also fair enough...but actually the idea is interesting to me. there isn't much electronic "dance" music (outside some 90s ambient) that has been genuinely inspired by non-urban surroundings. done right, it might be something. that's what i was anticipating after reading the press release and did not get from the two linked tracks.

word...thanks. will def give a full listen.
    The law is not the private property of lawyers, nor is justice the exclusive province of judges and juries. In the final analysis, true justice is not a matter of courts and law books, but of a commitment in each of us to liberty and mutual respect. - Jimmy Carter

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by SlavikSvensk View Post
    there isn't much electronic "dance" music (outside some 90s ambient) that has been genuinely inspired by non-urban surroundings. done right, it might be something.
    I think maybe there is more than you realise, as many people don't really talk about their influences or don't get asked the right questions when interviewed, myself, I've been definitely influenced through travelling through non urban surroundings, in fact am right now sat in the middle of the english countryside.. and I've been making music here, so it's been influenced by these surroundings for sure...

M.O.D.

since electronic music is so wide open, i'm interested in stuff that can make me think of seasons, environments, etc. beyond the usual "nighttime in the city" vibe. would love to hear the stuff you're working on...does the music evoke those surroundings? does the sound itself make listeners think of those surroundings.

plastikman "sheet one" is a good example of what i'm talking about, though it's more "urban/suburban winter" than wilderness in that case. the album makes a whole lot more sense when you've driven across eastern michigan and southern ontario in january.
    Last edited by SlavikSvensk; 15-02-2009 at 11:15 PM.

Junior Freak

fair enough.

there isn't much electronic "dance" music (outside some 90s ambient) that has been genuinely inspired by non-urban surroundings. .

Dude, there's heaps of stuff, damn, there's entire genres in de Jungle where it's Tribal lol.

M.O.D.

the word "genuinely" might be important to note

BOA Lifetime Member

i don't see what the fuss is about..i thought the tracks were extremely bland. after reading the story i expected some influence from the isolation and environment he put himself in. i didn't hear it, not even minimally (excuse the pun).
    When you can actually hear or feel an influence in something, it generally doesn't have to be mentioned in pre-hype to the album. Honestly, it was the hype that completely turned me off to even bother listening. Kids with laptops touring the country while convenient and chasing fame in the process was the same thing as the beat generation as described in On the Road? No, not at all. Unlike the people in the story told in On the Road, this guy with his tent, laptop and hype around his record had a direction he was taking that he already knew, which seems to be more about sales than exploration, and it's now in the exploitation-towards-sales phase.
    A person belonging to one or more Order is just as likely to carry a flag of the counter-establishment as the flag of the establishment, just as long as it is a flag. --P.D.

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by tocsin View Post
    this guy with his tent, laptop and hype around his record had a direction he was taking that he already knew, which seems to be more about sales than exploration, and it's now in the exploitation-towards-sales phase.
    Obviously, as it's on minus...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12