Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Administrator

Default I've just become the Deputy Editor of Core Magazine.

Yes I know this Deputy Editor shit sounds like some type of cowboy film :) BUT...

As some of you might know I joined them last month as Techno Editor cause I saw huge potential. Through the help of some really great people, journo's and serious music lovers, we delivered some really great content. Gunjack, Miss Kosmix, Tony, Acid Steve, Kerri Durrant, Dave The Drummer etc etc, have helped me massively. Thank you guys. I really mean it. 100% respect.

We just gotta get into WHSMITH, which is the main priority. Distribution is the key here.

Also sorry to the ppl who provided reviews (me also!!!!) cause the damn designer didnt put them in.

BUT there's ****in huge problems with this mag. It's a full colour 120 mag (the likes of which we havent seen for YEARS in the UK) but the design is crap and the structure is awful. The content needs sorting too. I soooooooooo know what needs to done here. I did it b4 with Wax and also Eternity years ago.

So, yesterday after a meeting with them, I became the deputy editor. First thing was to get a whole new design team involved (the guys that changed Eternity from this type of thing to a respected international music mag) and I am now responsible for planning the whole 120 pages. Sure I'll have to cover lots of different styles equal (that to me is what makes a good magazine), but rest assured guys, I'm in this for good music and I need your input. How good will it be to have a mag we can read when we get on the 2320 from kings cross to leeds? hehehe.. I am so excited as to what this can do for us all over here. Press is so damn important to get our message across. Problem is we havent had that for years.

If any of you guys have ideas, would like to write, or whatever, please let me know.

:)

BOA Mod

Im feeling really positive about this magazine mark, and would love to contribute... perhaps ill have the time and the skills. who knows.!!!

Good luck with this and congrats on your promotion to dep.ed. Onwards and upwards!

Does it have a technology section?

BOA Lifetime Member

Wicked stuff Mark!

BOA Lifetime Member

nice one
    **NEW MYSPACE** www.myspace.com/filthmongerdj -

:) :)New TECHNO MIX OCT 2009 + setlist available here http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/forum...154#post708154 :) :)

It is inevitable.

Congrats Mark! Really well done. COME ON TECHNO!!
    Bás Ar An Impireacht

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by MARK EG View Post
    Yes I know this Deputy Editor shit sounds like some type of cowboy film :) BUT...

As some of you might know I joined them last month as Techno Editor cause I saw huge potential. Through the help of some really great people, journo's and serious music lovers, we delivered some really great content. Gunjack, Miss Kosmix, Tony, Acid Steve, Kerri Durrant, Dave The Drummer etc etc, have helped me massively. Thank you guys. I really mean it. 100% respect.

We just gotta get into WHSMITH, which is the main priority. Distribution is the key here.

Also sorry to the ppl who provided reviews (me also!!!!) cause the damn designer didnt put them in.

BUT there's ****in huge problems with this mag. It's a full colour 120 mag (the likes of which we havent seen for YEARS in the UK) but the design is crap and the structure is awful. The content needs sorting too. I soooooooooo know what needs to done here. I did it b4 with Wax and also Eternity years ago.

So, yesterday after a meeting with them, I became the deputy editor. First thing was to get a whole new design team involved (the guys that changed Eternity from this type of thing to a respected international music mag) and I am now responsible for planning the whole 120 pages. Sure I'll have to cover lots of different styles equal (that to me is what makes a good magazine), but rest assured guys, I'm in this for good music and I need your input. How good will it be to have a mag we can read when we get on the 2320 from kings cross to leeds? hehehe.. I am so excited as to what this can do for us all over here. Press is so damn important to get our message across. Problem is we havent had that for years.

If any of you guys have ideas, would like to write, or whatever, please let me know.

:)

just make sure there is enough in it about techno in order for people like me to buy it , im not interested if its going to be full of hardstyle / hard house nonsense im sorry to sound so cold mark but for years these mags have not given techno the justice it deserves as a reader and potential customer i want information and i want to see artist many of whom post here on this site beeing given the opertunity and promo they deserve. Hopfully with you at the helm we may see more info on techno , M8 mag wax etc etc etc etc never did crap all for hard techno yes mabey you got sum dave clarke stuff richie hawtin and other minimal stuff , but never have we had a mag worth buying that has good hard techno coverage so lets see a chnge with this 1 mate.

and hard techno i mean to, not just schranz proper hard techno and proper artists.

Supreme Freak

wear it with pride
    Attached Images Attached Images

M.O.D.

congrats, mark! i'll look out for import copies here...
    The law is not the private property of lawyers, nor is justice the exclusive province of judges and juries. In the final analysis, true justice is not a matter of courts and law books, but of a commitment in each of us to liberty and mutual respect. - Jimmy Carter

Junior Freak

I'll buy it!
    Its all about the ointment......

Supreme Freak

congrats Mark, good to see your still full of drive after all these years.
    http://soundcloud.com/xinthians
    http://soundcloud.com/Kurly
    I already know i spell like a 7 year old, there is no need to point it out.

Junior Freak

I wouldn't buy it if it had Alex Kidd on the front of it.

I realise that it is aimed at more than just the techno market but most of his fans probably aren't old enough to be able to read.

A hard techno/schranz section would be good.

acieeeeeeeeeeeeed

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Theroux View Post

I realise that it is aimed at more than just the techno market but most of his fans probably aren't old enough to be able to read.

IMO it needs to just have one techno section which covers the whole spectrum of styles.

Good luck with this Mark, it will be great to see a decent magazine out there again with some decent techno articles.
    Life is "trying things to see if they work"

Finally getting around to updating my site
    http://www.plus27design.co.uk/

Dave knows scooter lyrics

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Theroux View Post

are you the real louis theroux?

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by DarkYoung View Post
    are you the real louis theroux?
    yes

Ultimate Freak

Best of luck Mark. I read thru this and whilst the techno articles were great! the design was pretty gash. Being a designer myself it was almost by the numbers. If you need any help with the design, give me a bell/email :)

Looking forward to reading more techno stuff thou. Really liked Gunjack's piece! The man has a point!
    Last edited by DVNT; 02-05-2009 at 12:12 AM.
    We are Darkfloor.
    Our record label Darkfloor Sound has now launched, check out DRKFLR001.

We are Mantis Radio - broadcasting Darkfloor electronica since 2007
    Podcast | iTunes

Ultimate Freak

Mark....are adrenalins reviews in there or have they not been printed either?

Supreme Freak

what made wax great was the cd's!

i think you should consider making the mag available as a pdf via an online download where you can pay or even subscribe for a year...

as it won't make it to kuwait! plus, so many other people love decent music... markets all over the place... uk, germany, poland, serbia, us, israel, lebanon, goa, japan etc etc...

pls pls!!! and good luck!!!
    <acid&beat-stompingfeet-keepingtechnounique>

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rog View Post
    what made wax great was the cd's!

i think you should consider making the mag available as a pdf via an online download where you can pay or even subscribe for a year...

as it won't make it to kuwait! plus, so many other people love decent music... markets all over the place... uk, germany, poland, serbia, us, israel, lebanon, goa, japan etc etc...

pls pls!!! and good luck!!!

Its available in PDF already mate ;)

Check out http://www.core-mag.net

BOA Newbie

I think a good technology section is vital.

The Demon Beast

I think it needs an urban art-graffiti page with photos and interviews......lol
    Wetworks
    Compound, Punish Blue, Mastertraxx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast