Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: reverb plugins

BOA Lifetime Member

Default reverb plugins

pretty impressed about quality of reverbs which coming out these days. back in the days, it was pain in the arse to find quality reverb plugins, but today there is several VSTs with very very good quality.
    lately, been using mainly bootsy EpicVerb and also D16 Toraverb. which ones are your favourites?
    "Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music."
    -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc

Junior Freak

i use glaceverb and sonnox - what is the d16 verb like wanted to check it out.

BOA Lifetime Member

d16 toraverb seems to be pretty versatile,. very usable for both early or late reverbs,. easy to tweek and good sounding,. you can also set the Quality settings from Low to Veryhigh depends on your CPU power,. thats good you can work all the time with low settings and then just switch to Very high before rendering.. deffo give it a try, you wont be dissapointed. :]
    "Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music."

Junior Freak

toraverb does seem nice but is a killer on cpu like most d16 plugs are on my mac. Really like Acoustics Reverb and use that pretty much exclusively.

BOA Newbie

im using psp easyverb and waves rverb. from freeware stuff i also like to use reverb from luxonix lfx1310

BloodStar can you upload this bootsy EpicVerb with presets pack for me? unfortunately both links on official site doesn't work.

BOA Lifetime Member

BOA Lifetime Member

love bootsy stuff, problem is it`s SM stuff and takes FOREVER to load up.
    I have the commercial version of ambience, which is very nice.
    I tend to use a lot of impulse response reverb myself.
    I am not here but my ghost still lingers

BOA Lifetime Member

hmm, dont have any problem with loading on live 7. one weak thing is, no matter if you send panned signal into it, wet output is always centered. it cant do true stereo, but i can live with it considering the price :)

what SM problem do you mean, steve?

BOA Lifetime Member

SM plugs take a while to load up

If I try to load a bootsy plu in live 8 it takes aaaaages

Breverb is also very good btw

BOA Lifetime Member

nebula is great, but a system hog.

Nebula 3 is supposed to be outstanding, but again, a system hog, it`s early days though, they`ll get it sorted, although it`s really far to good a plugin to devote to reverbs.
    It`s all about open, natural compression and amp stage simulation with that thing.

Deceptacon

Quote Originally Posted by The_Laughing_Man View Post
    nebula is great, but a system hog.

Nebula 3 is supposed to be outstanding, but again, a system hog, it`s early days though, they`ll get it sorted, although it`s really far to good a plugin to devote to reverbs.
    It`s all about open, natural compression and amp stage simulation with that thing.

nebula 3 pro is very useable. they've lowereed the cpu usage right down. the reverbs are stunning but you do need to add a touch of modulation after them to get that little hint of realism.

compression wise they arent quite there yet. they admitted this themselves but they are working on it.

i think where it really stands out is eq, tape and amp/console input stages.

BOA Lifetime Member

I wasn`t convinced with the tape stages on 2,and the soundonsound review says the tape emulation on 3 is pretty bad as well,good for warming up a signal,but nothing like any of the tape machines it is supposed to emulate.
    Tape is so hard to get, it`s so random, and the compression is just different to anything else.
    It`s why I bought a reel to reel. Nothing could get it right.

Some of the compression on 2 was pretty realistic I thought. Nothing on my Shadow Hills, but still very good.

Supreme Freak

Some of the compression on 2 was pretty realistic I thought. Nothing on my Shadow Hills, but still very good.

Jesus a Shadow Hills!! and you said I had spent a lot of cash on Mastering gear :)

BOA Lifetime Member

SM plugs take a while to load up
    argh, i see you mean SynthMaker plugins. i was thinking you§re talking about Side-Mid , hahah..

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by herman View Post
    Jesus a Shadow Hills!! and you said I had spent a lot of cash on Mastering gear :)
    Trade exchange. Swapped it for an MTR 90 MK II

Supreme Freak

Trade exchange. Swapped it for an MTR 90 MK II

You made out like a bandit there mate an Otari for a Shadow Hills is a sweet deal and a half.

On topic for a grainy reverb I like the stock Ableton one a lot for something a bit nicer UAD Plate 140

BOA Lifetime Member

here we go, this puppy is really good

http://www.overloud.com/en/products/index.php?catid=8

Deceptacon

I wasn`t convinced with the tape stages on 2,and the soundonsound review says the tape emulation on 3 is pretty bad as well,good for warming up a signal,but nothing like any of the tape machines it is supposed to emulate.
    Tape is so hard to get, it`s so random, and the compression is just different to anything else.
    It`s why I bought a reel to reel. Nothing could get it right.

SOS didnt review the pro version yet. its a total engine re-write, you should have a look at it.

anyway, comparing their A80 to the reel (:lol:) thing is pretty close. it has that depth and warmth - i still prefer to use fatso though.

i dont know what compressor model you tried but theres not 1 that i liked. some of the trident consoles are stunning and the API console path is just beautiful.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast